“Fabulous seafood dishes that just can't be beat!”
Review of Xinh's Clam & Oyster House - CLOSED

Xinh's Clam & Oyster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Xinh's continues to provide tasty seafood dishes with unusual preparations and sauces.
Most dishes come with fresh vegetables served on top as a garnish. On our recent visit, we shared a goeduck wonton appetizer and and a dish of small oysters on the half shell.. Both were
amazing. Then the four of us each ordered an entree filled with shellfish and small pieces of
fresh fish. Delicious! All came with friendly service. Water glasses were refilled and the ordered food arrived as expected. Our favorite seafood spot!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I've been going to Xinh's since it opened and it only gets better. Xinh, the owner, does it all and with flair. She has great loyal staff and they keep you happy even when the front room is packed with hungry felllow oyster eaters. Very good local wine - including Walter Dacon wines from right around the corner. The specials go fast so get there early if you want to taste the best fish in town. The food is always fresh and the portions are generous so plan on sharing.

Don't expect fancy - expect fresh and delicious. I always have fresh oysters for starters, particularly in the winter, spring and fall. In the summer have the fresh fish and steamed clams. I'm getting hungry just thinking about Xinh's declicous foods. Xinh is also very active in the community and a generous supporter of non profits in the area - feeding lots of people with her beautiful food, prepared with love and flair. if you are a genuine seafood lover you must go to Xinh's!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We made the drive from Olympia because of press restaurant received. Nothing notable in Shelton except this non-descript restaurant. Food is fresh with lotts of sea food choices. Atmosphere is basic. I only eat shellfish if extremely fresh and this is their reputation. We made it agin late afternoon drive with friends.

1  Thank ready29
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Our third visit during past 3 years. The first two we enjoyed. Last week we brought my son who is a seafood lover. As others have commented, the hostess was completey unwelcoming and our server unsmiling and without any people skills. Our questions about the specials,etc. were met with very short and abrupt answers. My son had a seafood pasta, described as "spicy" but with little spice; my husband had the goueduck (sorry for the spelling) which came with a non descript coleslaw which was ok, but nothing special. I had the pan seared catfish which was totally mushy, greasy tasting and I ate none of it after the first bite. Unfortunately with the combination of the cold people skills from the hostess and server, along with disappointment with the food, we will probably not return.

2  Thank spirit_8
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Don't miss this place for fresh and mouth watering. Sweet oysters on the half dripping down your chin...nummy num.

1  Thank TheMysteryTourist