“Great Surprise”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have been told by a number of people that we should go here. I have tasted their food and the Allyn Days weekend in the summer as they prepare some of the food.

I have been looking and looking for a great (not just good) restaurant in Mason County. There just just doesn't seem to be any at all. But this place is good!

We arrived around 6PM on a Friday night. I would certainly recommend reservations, as they filled up fast.

Prices are pretty good. The Geoduck appetizers were excellent. They have a nice assortment of seafood prepared mostly in a Vietnamese style. But is really tasty. Great flavors, fresh herbs and vegetables. Really good.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I am picky about oysters. The ones served in the stew are small and succulent. She uses just enough butter. My father loved oyster stew and as an adult I have sampled many stews from coast to coast. When I say something is the greatest it is.

After a large bowl the main dish ends up being next days meal.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Highly recommended by locals but not that great. Cold room, slow service and so so seafood. I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank Brntotrvl
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great Asian seafood. The food is always excellent and Xinh herself usually comes out to ask if everything meets your expectations. A favorite of Washington State Governors and former Congressmember Norm Dicks. Well worth a drive from Seattle.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

My brother-in-law wanted a second visit to Xinh's. They had visited us from Virginia this summer and we had dinner there and he liked it so well that we returned. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent. Two of us had the oyster's in black bean sauce and raved about it. One had the chicken curry and pronounced it wonderful. We have never had a bad dish at this restaurant.
The staff is friendly and the service is good. I highly recommend it.