“still a great place to visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Creek Casino Resort

Little Creek Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Shelton
Port Hardy, BC
“still a great place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We love this place, excellent value, great rooms, super friendly staff (we were remembered at the buffet from our 1st visit last October). The food is outstanding and Prime rib and Dungeness Crab on the buffet every night. Lots of RV parking in their lot so it will be a great stop for our RV trip.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room yet!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank krisPortHardy_BC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
rochester, wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I stay here often. It's near our hometown, but we feel like we are a million miles away. The staff recognizes us when we come in now! This hotel is very beautiful; Native decor throughout, big pool and jacuzzi area, and the food at every venue is outstanding. We stay in the smoking rooms, and they have vaulted ceilings so the room seems HUGE. I could bring my exercise trampoline! But I don't because I'm here to play and eat. Room service is fast, and food is always hot. The Island Grille Restaurant is my favorite-the chefs prepare muscles, oysters, clams, all right in front of you and the prime rib is definitely the best I have had anywhere. There are always deals, such as buy one night get one night, and once you start using your players club card, they will send you coupons in the mail for even better deals. And if you win big here, they will send you coupons for free nights!! Also, there are three big areas for slots and cards, and poker tourneys upstairs. Oh, wi-fi works great here, too. If golfing is your thing, they have just built a huge golf course near the hotel-you can see part of it from the hotel room windows. They have karaoke in one bar on Wednesdays (my thing) and a fancy cigar lounge on second floor (his thing). They always have famous people performing in their auditorium- we have seen Kenny Rogers, Chris Isaak, and will be seeing Tanya Tucker and Crystal Gale this month! Great venue for concerts!! Sometimes I come here by myself for an evening of peace and quiet-quieter than most of the places we have stayed and I feel very safe by myself here.

Room Tip: There are no discount rooms on the night of concerts-but if you do stay on concert night, stay in To...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kay g
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Since the resort has expanded their lodging and added a new golf course, it's a fantastic close-to-home get-away for a weekend, or longer. We love the fresh seafood bar, and the buffet is delicious. There is a large area containing the casino and a second non-smoking casino with a deli. You truly feel well-cared for with all the room amenities, including some suites with full kitchenettes and spas. The swimming pool area is perfect for families and includes a sauna and hottub. Plenty of free parking. Free entertainment nightly. Many concerts and shows are held in the hall across the way. There is also a gas station/grocery/liquor/deli store on sight that sells local seafood and smoked salmon.

Room Tip: Standard rooms during the week cost as low as $99 a night, less if you are a club member. All have c...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Janette R
Olympia, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

This resort property is adjacent to Highway 101. The Squaxin Island Tribe has done a very nice job of growing the property over time. They added a new wing to the hotel recently and a brand new golf course. The hotel is lovely and the rooms are very comfortable. The property has one of the best non-smoking casino wings I've ever been in. This week I enjoyed a lovely lunch in the smaller restaurant. I've enjoyed many fine meals at the buffet. My only complaint is with the sales staff. Had to go wait at the hotel for a full hour when no one from the staff returned my call. Then, tried to arrange a dinner for 40 to 50 people (didn't mind paying $40 per plate for a buffet/per person charge plus 18% tip). Nixed the deal, though, when they wouldn't waive the $250 room charge for the dining space, especially since our guests would likely book three to seven rooms, as well. A minor point, I suppose, but you would think a hotel would negotiate with large groups. They must not have needed our business.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank RSStone
Venice, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I am writing this at 3am as I lay awake listening to the sounds of my rattling heater, my neighbors toilets and something that is pounding the floor above me so hard it's making my bed shake. This is my second night of poor sleep.
Other minuses include that the maid service cleaned my room even though I specifically put out the do not disturb sign, it smells smoky (and I'm on a non-smoking floor) and there is no place to get breakfast on the property before 7am. It might be a reasonable place to stay if you are passing through and on vacation, but don't stay here if you are on a business trip and need some rest and an early start in the morning. Your options in Shelton are limited, but you'd get more sleep if you stayed someplace farther away and commuted.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fossilgirl

Travellers are raving about these Shelton hotels

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

we drove about 1 1/2 hr from Seattle to see a show here. yes it was smokey, but everything was clean . it was a great place/venue to see a show. BTW-Isley Brother's was best show ever!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debntim1
Gig Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Smoky, very, vey, very smokey. I know it's a casino, you are allowed to smoke, but there is absolutely no ventilation ;( gross!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank squinsey2016
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,116 reviews
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel
Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater

Been to Little Creek Casino Resort? Share your experiences!