“Not Military Friendly”

Riverside Guide Service
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Shoreline
More attraction details
Owner description: Riverside Guide Service - Providing guided fishing trips and charters for Salmon fishing, Sturgeon fishing and Steelhead fishing in the Seattle and Portland area. To book your fishing charter, hear the latest fishing reports give us a call, send us an email or visit our website.
Auburn, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Military Friendly”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I had booked a trip for my son, my father, and myself, and my son came back from being in the field with the army and was supposed to be off base the Friday before our fishing trip Sunday. My son and his platoon were not allowed to leave base and were put on 24 hour CQ. I sent Ryan an email and he refused to re-book the trip. After 2 tours of duty we had three generations that were really looking forward to the trip. I would think that honoring our military over "terms and conditions" would be the right thing to do. Unfortunately Ryan and Riverside Guide Service do not. The trip was prepaid at $175 per person and Riverside Guide Service would not refund or rebook. Shameful.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Len W

Dover, Delaware
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“King Salmon on the Nisqually River”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Had an awesome time with Ryan on the Nisqually River, fishing for Kings. Ryan was extremely knowledgeable on the river and where the hot spots were at. We all reached our limits by lunch time. Would recommend Ryan to all my Family and Friends.

Visited September 2013
Sebastian, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Ryan is a passionate sportsman”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was in Portland for business and ended up with a last minute free day. I got on the phone and starting calling guides. I was referred to Ryan and he was able to get me in the following day. All of his gear was in great shape. His boat is perfect for river fishing. I've chartered all over the world and Ryan is one of the best guides/captains that I've come across. I like that he strikes out on his own both with location and technique, rather than just following the crowd. It was a slow day on the river with only 2 salmon being caught. Ours was by far the biggest! You'll find Ryan to be very pleasant and knowledgeable. He is a passionate sportsman and it shows in the effort that he makes. I would highly recommend Using his guide service if you find yourself in the Portland or Seattle area.

Visited March 2013
North Bend, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great trip + caught fish”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I went out with Ryan on the Columbia to give the springer run a try. Leading up to the trip, he communicated with me often, pointing me to his website for directions (helpful and efficient). We met at one of the marinas - which was quite nice. Ryan quickly taught everyone on the boat how to fish for springers and within 5 mins, everyone got it. 2 hours later, we had 2 fish in the boat. It was a great trip and I feel like I found a professional & reliable guide to go out with in the future.

Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Great Fishing Trip”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I went out with Ryan on the Nisqually in early January and had a great time fishing for Chum. I took my dad who had never caught a Salmon before and he had a blast. I have been out with a few guides in the Seattle area over the years but Ryan is the best. He very personable and a great guide.

Visited January 2013