“Best Overall Hotel Experience I Have Ever Had”

Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Silverdale
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Victoria, Canada
“Best Overall Hotel Experience I Have Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I travel for business every week and have been staying at the Silverdale Beach Hotel roughly every two weeks for the last 9 months. I never take the time to write reviews on hotels but I have to say I have been completely blown away by my experience of staying at this hotel.

The staff are always fabulous. They treat my like a member of the family rather than just another guest. I always look forward to my business stay here for the opportunity to come back here. The odd time I have had a concern or issue they have taken care of it right away. Once when I was conducting a business meeting I commented to the Sales manager I commented on how some hotels had built in remote control projector screens for their meeting rooms. My next trip back two weeks later there was a large, built-in remote control projector screen in the meeting room. I was so impressed. This has happened several times. In fact, every time I visit the hotel they have improved something else.

Being on business, and having to work in my room much of the time it really makes a difference that the location is so breathtaking with water and beach views and walking trails all around. I love the evening bonfires on the lawns near the ocean where people congregate and relax by the fire. I also look forward to the large pool and hot tub looking out over the ocean.

Most notably, It's really been the service from the management and all the staff that have made me want to come back repeatedly - it feels like a home away from home because of the way the staff have treated me. I have enjoyed my stays so much here that I have redirected my business efforts to allow me to come here more often. I came down with my family and the kids really enjoyed the pool and the beach and the games set up on the lawns. I can't say enough about this hotel. For a guy who travels every week, this is a real gem.

Room Tip: The best rooms are definitely on the water side only because of the views, and again because of the...
Green Features: The hotel has some recycling in the rooms and the standard programs for re-using your towels and soap dispensers to save on soap usage.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Greetings Martin,

On behalf of myself, our entire staff and the ownership group, we want to thank you so much for writing such a phenomenal review. We are all extremely pleased that you enjoy our property and our staff as much as you do. Reviews such as yours are why I love the hospitality industry!

I printed it out, and posted it for every employee to read. The pride levels around property were definitely elevated!

Thank you again Martin, and we shall see you soon.

Marc
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Riverside, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel was great. I have stayed there several times and would not hesitate staying there again. Everyone on staff was extremely professional and pleasant. The room being on the water side and having a deck was truly enjoyable and I spent as much free time using it as I could. The food was top notch and prepared well; even when it was taken to our room, condiments and all extras were included.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Joan L
Hello Joan,

We truly appreciate your positive feedback, and it sounds like you truly enjoyed your experience with us. Hope to see you soon.

Thanks,

Marc
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Great view, lots of activities for young families. Great staff...throughout the hotel. The breakfast was an additional cost, unlike most Best Westerns. The only real negative was the bed...for a 60ish couple, my husband & I experienced significant backaches after sleeping there for 5 days.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our property and the area. I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you experienced with our beds. We are working on an upgrade as we speak, and will have all new, top of the line mattresses in every guest room by the end of Fall.......

Thanks again,

r
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We had a horrible time finding the hotel, but after calling, got very good instructions from the young woman at the desk. She was also also awesome at check in. The room was great. The view was great. This was the best room we have had on our one-night stays over our two-week vacation.

Ron & Cyndi
Riverside, CA

Room Tip: The water view is worth the upgrade
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ron P
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Hello Ron and Cyndi,

That is great to hear that after you located our property, you had a phenomenal stay. To be the most enjoyable on your two week trip is saying something! Thank you again for your wonderful remarks.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Loved Silverdale and surrounding area (first time in Washington). Nice hotel & convenient to lots of places. However, I thought we could have received a better price for our room, since we were there for 7 nights. I overheard others with lesser rates than ours. I guess we just didn't bargain hard enough with the desk clerk when checking out.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Recent Guest,

We appreciate the feedback, and as a relatively new member of the community, I agree Silverdale is a hidden gem. Our rates to fluctuate based upon availability and room type, but hopefully your room was satisfactory and that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

Port Townsend
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

friendly hotel, clean rooms, nice inlet view, can be noisy if room is over bar area, fire pit which is quite unusual. Hotel provides plenty of entertainment for guest and locals too. Fun trivia night with great music. Nice pool area. Coffee shop on location. Area loaded with restaurants and plenty of shopping. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Hello Edna,

Wow, what a great review! I agree to all, especially regarding our weekly Wednesday Trivia Nights, and look forward to having you again as our guest in the future.

Cheers,

Roseburg, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I made reservations for two rooms for two nights, my family and my mom and dad. I was really looking forward to a min-vacation. At arrival, one room was unavailable so they "upgraded". but the upgrade wasn't prepared yet. My parents waited for nearly an hour to finally be told the property was actually sold out. The gal at arrival was very apologetic and kind.They were sent to another hotel which was supposedly "comped" by best western, and they would be able to return to the BW property for the second night, also to be comped by the property. This was a nice gesture, except we were still charged for both hotels for both nights. Eventually it was fixed, but it took some time to receive the refund, and we had to deal with it once we were home. I was also under the impression that there would be a continental breakfast. There's breakfast, but its an additional charge. The walls are paper thin. I could hear the people in the bathroom next to us and the people above us ambling around their room all night. In the morning of our last day, my 3yr old and I got stuck in the elevator for about 5-10 minutes. My daughter was pretty unnerved. When we went to the desk to check out immediately after, I mentioned it to the front desk agent who only said that maintenance had looked at the other elevator the weekend before. I felt like I'd been blown off. I understand not a lot can be done about the quality of the walls or the room, at least structurally, but I felt like the whole organization of the hotel and employee courtesy could be greatly improved.

Room Tip: Avoid anything near elevators or stairs, and top floor is ideal. All the walls are super thin and yo...
2 Thank Megan M
Hello Megan,

As I have already responded through another channel, I just wanted to sincerely apologize once again for the troubles you experienced during your recent visit. We failed to meet your expectations in many areas, and I hope to see you and your family again real soon.

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Island Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
#3 of 8 in Bremerton
Poulsbo Inn
Poulsbo Inn
#2 of 2 in Poulsbo

Been to Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!