“Why stay anywhere else!!!”

Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Silverdale
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Victoria, Canada
“Why stay anywhere else!!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I go to Silverdale about 4 times a year and have always stayed at this hotel. It is an easy drive from the Coho Ferry and a gentle gateway from Victoria. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and very comfortable (the beds are amazing!!), and the hotel extremely quiet. For a girls' shopping trip from Victoria, everything you need is there... Pool & hottub, house bar, and a great restaurant & bar across the parking lot (no drinking & driving). I am bringing friends with me again to enjoy the hospitality of Silverdale and this hotel in October. See you then.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Heather_Going_BC
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Hello Heather,

I agree! We appreciate all of your positive comments, and we look forward to having you as our guests again in October.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Buckley
Reviewed 1 September 2013

It was only a one night stay, thankfully. The room was clean and attractive. The bed was relatively comfortable. However, it had one of those ventilation systems that made the night miserable. Hot and stuffy - so you kick the covers off. Just about the time you do that the AC comes on and blows cold air on you - so you cover up. Only to repeat the cycle all night long. Couldn't sleep without the AC, couldn't sleep with it - so you don't get any sleep at all.

The business office had 3 computers and a printer. Very nice if all 3 were turned on. When I went to the front desk to report that there was only 1 computer on and it was being used, she quickly volunteered to call maintenance. Unfortunately I needed it immediately, not when maintenance finally got around to turning them back on.

Most Best Western Hotels have complimentary breakfast so we hadn't anticipated that this was not available at this Best Western. Oh, it was available for $7+ each, from 6:00 am to 10:00 am. We went for breakfast at 9:00 am and most of the breakfast items were already gone. The items offered seemed to be much the same as the "free" complimentary breakfast at the other Best Western Hotels. We decided not to pay the $7+ and went across the street to a Shari's.

All in all, just not the same quality we have experienced at other Best Western Hotels.

Hello Judy,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your recent visit. I'm not sure if you had your A/C on auto, but they are normally very user friendly.

Yes, we were having technical difficulties with two of our three business center computers, which were repaired yesterday. I apologize for the hassle that created.

Our breakfast buffet is open until 10am on weekdays and 11am on weekends. We constantly refill the items on the buffet, so it is possible that when you had a look, the items were running low and someone was on the way to replace and refill. We feel our buffet, and all it offers, is a great value, and I am sorry that it did not appear that way to you.

Hopefully you'll give us another chance down the road.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The Silverdale Best Western is a bit of class in a funky little town. The front desk was cordial, helpful and full of information. The room was wonderful. First floor with beach access. Just couldn't be beat. Highly recommend this as a point of reference to anyone traveling. Picturesque Poulsbo is just minutes away. Bainbridge Island is full of travels and a casino. Just lots to do--and the Silverdale Best Western to call home can't be beat.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Macgeorge2,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, and I agree that our location is tough to beat, and there is a plethora of activities and places to visit in the area.....

Gretna, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Very nice hotel, convienently located near highways, beautirul country and very nice rooms, service and standard emenities. Staff were professional and very helpful. Beds were great and room was quite nice. Thoroughly enjoyed the stay - Would stay at this hotel again without reservation.

1 Thank mdmsjohnson
Dear Valued Guest,

We love to read responses such as yours, and are delighted that you wouldn't hesitate visiting us again.....Thank you!

Kind Regards,

United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The room was small and the bathroom very tiny. Even though I made the room available for cleaning every other day, I was very dissapointed in the over all care of the room. I had to request vacuuming about half way through my long stay because I couldn't take it any more. The people however were very nice, the front desk very helpful and the location is perfect.

Hello Janice,

We appreciate your valuable feedback, and are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your visit. The lack of service you were provided is far below our standards. On the other hand, thank you for your positive comments pertaining to both our staff and our beautiful location.

Monmouth, OR
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is absolutely the best hotel I've ever found! My sister & I stayed 3 nights with my two cattle dogs, and we had a terrific time. The staff were so nice to my dogs and commented on how cute they are. I really appreciate when a hotel advertises that it's pet-friendly, and I do feel like my dogs really ARE welcome. In addition, this hotel is way more than just a place to sleep. It supplies many activities like a fire pit, lawn games, a great pool, a very nice fitness center, and bicycles to use. It's also located on an outdoor trail that is miles long. The hotel is also very close to great restaurants and the Kitsap Mall. The hotel food was excellent, and it was really nice to have an in-hotel espresso bar. The room was superbly clean and had a nice, spacious bathroom. It also opened via french doors onto a huge grassy area. This made taking my dogs out a great experience. I was able to sit outside at night on the room's patio and view the water. My sister & I loved it here. We'll definitely be back. What a great value!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Greetings WSUESU,

"Best Hotel Stay Ever"? Wow. That is quite THE compliment. We are thrilled that you and your sister had such a great time. We will continue to remain as 'pet-friendly' as they come, and we hope to see you both real soon.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The staff at the Silverdale Beach Hotel are wonderful. I stay at the hotel for a few nights every 2 weeks on Business and the staff always make me feel completely at home. Right from the Front desk staff to the Lounge staff, Coffee Shop and even the wonderful people that clean the rooms. The outlook over the Bay is spectacular and it makes my Business Trip extremely comfortable at all times. Even the New GM takes the time to greet me at some point during my stay. This is definitely well worthwhile checking out if you are visiting the area.

Room Tip: If you are a couple, I would recommend either Room 322 or 301 or 302.