“Great hotel and staff”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Burnaby, Canada
“Great hotel and staff”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We recently spent 4 days at the Silverdale Beach Hotel and didn't have a complaint about anything except the scrambled eggs. We were pleasantly surprised at the walking trails and the ammenities, all as advertised. The staff at the desk were extremely helpful when called upon and our room attendant was cheery and very clean. We have suggested to all our Burnaby friends that this is a perfect getaway a just a short distance away and with many good restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: In the 3rd floor rooms which are on the top floor, one wouldn't experience noise from those abov...
Green Features: There was the usual re-use of towel option which we did and the soaps and lotions were in dispensers l which would reduce the garbage from individual use containers. A bar of soap was provided also but we didn't use it. .
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Hello Brenda,

We appreciate the rave review, and also for recommending our property to your fellow Canadians. I trust they will enjoy their experiences as much as you did if they decide to visit. Thank you again for "spreading the word".....It's impossible to put a value on word of mouth advertising!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Port Townsend, WA, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

A pleasant place to stay, well located near the Silverdale Mall with good public transit. Newly remodeled the rooms are restful with big flat screen TV's that worked very well with good channel selection. They have a nice dining room that serves a good buffet breakfast. I was a little disappointed that the dining room did not serve lunch or dinner, however, there are a number of food choices within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Hello Stephen O,

Thank you for the great review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our property and our newly renovated rooms. Just for future reference, we do offer a full dinner menu in our Beachfront Lounge. Hopefully you'll give it a try on your next visit.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Love the location, was very private, quiet and beautiful. Staff checked the wrong person(same last name) in which made me have to change rooms, don't know if the room I was suppose to get was better, but the room I had was over an industrial air conditioner and it was very noisy. And had to notify them the next day that my reservation was for days not one when it came to check out. Also had to request and days breakfast because they said I was only there for one day. Staff at the front was training and was very nice, but the lady training her was very short and angry with her and snapped at me. If you want a nice quiet location to stay it is perfect. Staff mistakes made it hard to think about going back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Jeffrey M,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. It appears that a small mistake upon check-in led to a very unpleasant stay for you, and we are terribly sorry. I have been told that one of our assistant managers has already responded to you via another channel, and I hope that you will give us another chance in the near future.

With Apologies,

Red Oak, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is the nicest Best Western Plus i have ever been in. Just beautiful. AWESOME views of Puget sound off the balcony's too. Quiet and peaceful. Rooms were clean and the beds very comfy. Pillows were OK...a little soft for my personal taste, but that's just me. The bath in my room was a little smallish for two, (glad i was alone) but was clean and nicely decorated. Overall a GREAT value for the money spent. I wish all BW+ inns were as nice as this one!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Hello Kirk,

Thank you for such a wonderfully positive response. I agree that we have an amazing property, with amazing views! Please come see us again real soon.

Seattle, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The location is great, you can walk along the water, have a bonfire outside. Great breakfast option in the morning. The front desk and restaurant staffs are all very friendly. The indoor pool and hot tub are great. Will stay in this place again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Hello Ken Y,

We appreciate the wonderful review, and love to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning. We look forward to having you as one of our many repeat guests in the near future.

Thanks Again,

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I'm a little tardy in getting this posted but I returned and stayed there again 2 months later. I arrived and the lobby was busy, a man in a suit helped check me in. Turns out he was the manager and was helping his staff because of a lot of guests showing up at the same time. That is a (positive) 1st in my book; the hotel manager assisting at the front desk (never saw that before; other than at a B&B inn). As they had bay-side rooms available, they shifted me to a bay side room; quieter and with a view. As usual, the staff was great and the room very clean. The Beachfront Martini Grill (hope I got that right) has a small but very high quality menu; great fish/chips and one of the best hamburger combos I've had. Both servers I met at the Beachfront were friendly and helpful; great conservationists. That Saturday morning I met a retired Navy type and one that was retiring; I'm Navy and we all had a great breakfast (they had their families present as well). Whenever my business sends me to that area again, I will be staying at the Silverdale and I won't be going out for dinner; I'll be having dinner at the Silverdale Beach Hotel. And the bay view is great.
I'll be back if business takes me that way again.

Room Tip: Choose the bay side (south side/non-street side); great view and no street traffic
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Hello Welling C,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. As managers, we all chip in whenever and wherever is necessary, and we are always happy to assist. Great to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in our lounge during your last stay. I am very confident that you will enjoy our offerings even more so on your next trip, as we recently expanded the menu to include many, many new items. Hope to see you soon.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I actually booked the room for a Wednesday when I needed it for Tuesday. I showed up Tuesday and they let me have a room and changed my reservation for me. I cannot tell you enough how thankful I was and how nice the staff was about my error. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Siverdale!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hello Peggy M,

I am so pleased that our staff was able to assist you with the apparent mix-up involving your reservation, and thank you for the positive remarks.

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Island Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Baymont Inn & Suites Bremerton WA
Flagship Inn
Flagship Inn
#3 of 8 in Bremerton
Poulsbo Inn
Poulsbo Inn
#2 of 2 in Poulsbo

Been to Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!