“Sleepless in Silverdale for Two Nights”

Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Silverdale
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
United States
“Sleepless in Silverdale for Two Nights”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I am still trying to recover from my two night stay at the Best Western Silverdale Beach Hotel. There were at least seven stiff and thick pillows on the king bed. They were about the same and had no variety to choose from. I asked housekeeping for just one soft pillow. When I returned to the room, I discovered two additional stiff, thick pillows. Both nights I attempted to sleep with no pillows. I had asked housekeeping to please send someone to fix the bathtub drain. The bathtub was a Jacuzzi and I could not utilize it because the drain stopper was leaking. No one came to fix it while I was at the hospital waiting for my husband in surgery. The hotel is older and the walls separating the rooms are so thin that you can hear noise amplified from other rooms. I tried to get a party noise in the room below me. The front desk associate said there is not a set hour for a quiet rule, but if the guest room in question is notified three times for noise, they are removed from the hotel. The noise started about 9:30pm. I patiently waited until about 10:45pm and called the front desk. She called the room, then the noise disappeared for an hour because they left the room. They came back after midnight and they started up music, laughing & talking loud. I called the front desk again about the noise. In addition I went outside on the balcony and looked below and noticed three people on their deck laughing and smoking. This is a no smoking hotel! I talked with the front desk associate again around 1:00am and informed her of this. She said she went down around the room and didn't notice anything. But she pounded on the door & told them to keep the noise down. I think by 1:30am, they finally quieted down. I am wondering if this hotel needs security to evict these types of customers. I am a Diamond Elite member which means that I have stayed in many Best Westerns! I have never experienced this type of noise problem unless a large group function was occupying the hotel. I did not try their breakfast because they were charging $7.95. What other Best Western charges for their breakfasts? I would not recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Hello Pamalia B,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Although we have already responded to you through another avenue, I would like to apologize once again for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
panama city fl, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

great hotel. huge patio area behind the hotel bar is very nice. government travelers, pay the extra ten bucks and get the water view rooms. it's worth it for the view and the big teevee. location is near lots of shopping and small neighborhood restaurants (italian, hop jacks, etc.) and safeway shopping center is right across the street..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Hello Joel,

We appreciate the positive feedback, and agree that we have an extremely convenient location here on the Peninsula. Hope to see you again in the future.

Silverdale, Washington
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My family and I stayed here and the rooms were DIRTY, I pulled down my sheets and saw hair and other things in the bed. Then I am very allergic to dogs and they didn't inform me the room they put me in was pet friendly. I told the front desk and all they did for me was discount $30 from my stay. I will never stay here again and I will never recommend it either.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank EmmaSophiasmom
Hello EmmaSophiasmom,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your unpleasant stay. Our housekeeping department is normally excellent, and not only should you have been informed of the type of room you were receiving, but we should have moved you to a different room right away.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we were not able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Very Sincerely,

Marysville, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Even though we live within a 2 hour drive, we plan to visit this facility again. The dollar value for services rendered is high, and the facility location, convenience, and amenities definitely warrant a return visit.

1 Thank William F
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Hello William F,

Thank you for your positive comments. We love the review title, "What a hotel ought to be"!

We hope to see you again real soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this place. The rooms are clean and updated. We had the pleasure of staying in a king room and the bed was INCREDIBLY comfortable. The view is absolutely beautiful. My mother-in-law had a chance to walk around the property and was quite pleased with what she saw. We had the pleasure of doing breakfast at the hotel and it was delicious. They had waffles, eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, toast, biscuits, gravy, potatoes, coffee, tea, and juices. The staff was incredibly friendly as well. The location is close to shopping and restaurants. We didn't get a chance to try them, but this place also has a pool, bar and workout room (which is filled with water bottles for guests). We loved our stay here and will definitely be returning in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water!
Green Features: This is the first hotel I've seen that had a recycling bin in the room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Hello Midwest Traveler,

We appreciate such a positive review, and are thrilled that you will be coming back! Our amenities are top-notch, and we are glad that you were able to experience almost all that we have to offer.

Auburn, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Overall the experience was great. It was the weekend before Halloween so they were having a party in the bar. It was kind of noisy, but controlled well and ended promptly at midnight. We stopped in for a drink and wings in the afternoon and that was pleasant. The restaurant is closed for normal business and is only used for breakfast. We were disappointed because the reviews for it were very good and the menu online looked great. They should take the website down for the restaurant. Fortunately there are plenty of other options near by. We really wanted to go to the pool because of the great pictures, but is was Saturday and packed with screaming kids in the afternoon. We tried again after dinner and the situation was the same. I think it would have been different had it been a weeknight. The room and bathroom were on the small side, but very nicely decorated with good view of the water. It looked like they were changing out the mattresses and I'm pretty sure we got a new one because it was great. Overall on the Groupon rate we got we would definitely go back.

Hello Kody L,

Thank you posting your review, and for your constructive comments. I agree that our pool is very popular, especially with the young guests. We just completed the replacement of every bed on property....glad you liked the new mattress!

Thanks,

Kent, Washington, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights over the weekend and were blown away by this hotel. One of the nicest Best Westerns by far and the entertainment and customer service were great. We slept in because the beds were so very comfortable and the fresh air so intoxicating, we never wanted to leave. They provided a great but pretty basic buffet style breakfast and had an onsite espresso stand open till 2pm which was actually really good coffee and we frequented it throughout our stay. We walked around the property and beach everyday and saw lots of wild life and skipped rocks and sipped our coffee over looking the water on one of their many benches on the shore. Later at night we would come back after dinner and listen to either Live music around the fire pit with yet another coffee or on Saturday we did karaoke and had drinks in the bar and then came out and sat around the fire pit while meeting other guests and chatting it up. I loved this hotel!! AND PETS ARE WELCOME! If you really just want a break and want to sleep in and walk on the beach and relax this place is amazing. And if you want to get out and enjoy the town its right there in the heart of Silverdale with lots and lots of shopping. We enjoyed this trip so much that my husband found a realtor while we were there and started looking at houses nearby in Bremerton because we absolutely want to feel this happy and relaxed everyday and after talking to countless locals who all said how much they loved it there and how you couldn't drag them back to the city, we were sold and wanted to move there! Granted we were already looking to buy houses around the Seattle area so this wasn't so much spur of the moment thing but it was defiantly a game changer.

Room Tip: We had a view of the water and it was so worth it! I took my coffee on the balcony in the morning an...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Hello James/Kate Frank,

Thank you so much for such a positive review! Reading comments such as yours is an endorsement that we are on the right track. We have shared this review with our entire staff and they are also very proud.

Best of luck if/when you move to this beautiful corner of the world.

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton
Baymont Inn & Suites Bremerton WA
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Flagship Inn
Flagship Inn
#3 of 8 in Bremerton
Poulsbo Inn
Poulsbo Inn
#2 of 2 in Poulsbo

Been to Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!