Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Flagship Inn(Bremerton)(Great Value!)
US$99
Hotwire.com
1,072 results
All reviewswater viewfire pitbreakfast buffetbest westernspuget soundindoor poolshopping and restaurantshot tubbusiness tripgreat place to stayking roomcomfortable bedsvery nice hotelthe room was nicewafflesinletlounge
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My problem was with the staff and the fact that they do not care... period. I purchased a groupon to stay at this hotel to have a small get-away with my husband who is a disabled veteran and small baby. When I purchased the groupon our premature baby was only a month old. I figured we could go mid-October when our infant was a little older and stronger, we had until the end of October to use this groupon.

We had some unfortunate circumstances come up in early October and my husband ended up having knee surgery on October 8th, this was not a planned surgery so it took us by surprise. I was then informed of my lay off a few days later. I am the only income for our family so this was a huge hit. Once I got my feet on the ground and checked into my groupon information I realized I missed the deadline by about two weeks. I was devastated, as we could really use a little get away about now. I called and explained our circumstances to the hotel staff and they didn't care one bit. They said that if they honored an expired groupon for everyone, it would be bad for them. I said, but we are not everyone and life does happen... I asked them to please understand. I was told by the front desk staff that they would take the amount of the groupon off of our stay which would end up costing me another $70-$80. I expressed that it would be kind of them if they could at least give me a little bit better of a deal. I then asked to speak to the manager and was given her voicemail. I never received a call from "Jeannie" the manager. When I called back the front desk staff told me she was going into a meeting and planned on calling me later, that never happened. I cancelled my reservation.

I am currently trying to get my money back from groupon. I was left feeling that there is no compassion at that hotel and from reading some of the terrible reviews, I am not the only one who feels this way. I will NEVER stay at this hotel and I will tell everyone I know about my experience. I have already posted my experience to all of my social networking sites.

Room Tip: Hire people who care or at least call people back and pretend to care.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LauraPlew
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear LauraPlew,

Thank you for commenting, and I am terribly sorry for all of the confusion with your reservation. There are certain rules and regulations that we normally adhere to with special promotions such as Groupon, but I agree that sometimes life happens and exceptions can be made.

Genie left a couple of messages over the weekend for you. At your convenience, please call her back and we will do our best to turn this situation around. Or, if you would like, you can call me directly as well. 360-698-1000.

Thank you again, and we would truly appreciate the opportunity to correct our mistakes.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We saw this hotel on a groupon getaway and it looked nice so decided to try it out and use our Best Western gift cards. We found it to be a nice place but not as kid friendly as we needed. Our kids have food allergies so we did not purchase the bed and breakfast rate.....We ended up purchasing the breakfast "buffet" as it was the only option for morning food, although they could not really eat much of the offerings. There is currently no restaurant on site. The staff explained that there was a full menu in the bar but no kids allowed.... There was no place for our kids to just hang out and eat, as the lobby did not have tables and the room was too small and also had no table. Our daughter loved the pool and I found it warm enough to enjoy swimming with her. We found that being right on the water was great and the salmon jumping near the entrance to the creek a bonus! Because it is so close (but feels far away) we would stay again.

Room Tip: The king rooms are closest to the pool, so those are out if you have kids along. You could upgrade to a suite although I did not see one, so I don't really know if it was worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Hello FamilyTripplanner,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are very happy that you were able to enjoy the pool with your daughter, and you picked a great time of year to come to see the "jumping fish".....We look forward to seeing you again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Our overnight stay was for a Date Night for us. It was perfect. We got to enjoy a room with a king size bed, the hot tub, sauna and breakfast the next morning before leaving. We have our own business in Silverdale and so it was great to stay close by for a date night - but still "get away" for some private time. (We have 3 kids!) It was a nice retreat for us.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Member,

We appreciate the positive comments, are we are very happy that you enjoyed your "stay-cation" with us. Hope to see you again soon on your next outing.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Great staff, it's the people and their willingness to help you enjoy your stay that really makes all the difference. Impressive knowledge of everything the Kitsap peninsula has to offer. From shopping trips to great food, the staff at the Best Western Silverdale steered us right each and every time!

Hello Timothy L,

Thank you for responding, and for recognizing what I believe to be our strongest assets. Our wonderful staff! Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Cheers,

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel charges $7.95 for breakfast, when we get the same breakfast and more for free at the Marriott's Springhill Suites. We wanted a simple meal of just cereal, but couldn't justify eating only cereal when we pay so much. The food was cold and being precooked, not so good. We won't be back

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Hello Sherry O,

As we have already responded to you via another channel, I would just like to apologize once again for not meeting and your expectations. We appreciate the comments, and will use them to improve on this issue moving forward.