“Overall, nice place, but the mildew in the shower takes it down a big notch.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel

Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Silverdale
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Olympia, Washington
“Overall, nice place, but the mildew in the shower takes it down a big notch.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Service was great, staff was helpful, the room appeared clean, amenities were nice, including linens and towels. Not fancy but quite nice. I didn't pay much attention to the room as I was at a conference and didn't spend much time there. However, when I got up the next morning to take a shower, there was mildew in the grout and at the top of the walls in the shower.

The "free" breakfast was decent, but arriving only 10 minutes after it opened, much of it was cold. While many may like it, the biscuits and gravy didn't look very appetizing, and certainly don't help my health. There was also no-one at the dining room to greet you and let you know where things were (they were in a back area that you don't see when you go in.) I sat there for probably 20 minutes with colleagues before a wait person came by and actually noticed that I didn't have anything.

All in all, above average in most things, but the shower took away a bunch of brownie points, and the lack of service in the dining room was below par.

Room Tip: While all rooms are reasonably quiet, if you want to be sure, AND have a great room, ask for a beach...
Green Features: Not at all unique, as most hotels, basically fake.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hello Al K,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. The bathroom issue, as well as the lack of service in the breakfast room, are both unacceptable, and thank you for bringing those to our attention. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Spokane, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice hotel. Breakfast was the same as most hotels but their was a $7.24 charge. Although it was all you can eat. It was the same breakfast that is free at other chains. Slow to get and keep pool towels handy. Room charge was not the same as was quoted.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Hello Pamela P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, and I do apologize for not meeting your expectations in a couple of areas. Hopefully you'll give us another chance to impress sometime in the future.

Kind Regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Upon arrival the front desk got me a better rate that included breakfast. The rooms are small, but comfortable and the staff are friendly and helpful. There are plenty of restaurants and stores within walking distance. This hotel is clean, quiet and comfortable. The prices are good at the bar and restaurant. I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hi F6817AHdanielr,

Thank you for the great review, and I'm glad you were able to enjoy our clean, quiet and comfortable hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,

Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a Best Western so not a boutique hotel, but it was a good experience overall! Trip Advisor needs something between average and very good (ie good!:)) so I bumped this up to very good. We arrived with a prior reservation, and I had specifically asked for an ocean view with 2 queen beds and the clerk on the phone had said 'not a problem, we have that reserved for you'. When I arrived, I was told that it was a partial ocean view and a queen/sofa bed and I explained that I requested a full ocean view and 2 queen beds and this was confirmed. I was told: 'I wasn't on the phone with you, so I can't verify what was discussed. We have no ocean views and you have partial ocean view'. I tried to diplomatically deal with this but this clerk was quite rude and continued to suggest that 'it wasn't her problem'. I did look at the 2 partial ocean view rooms ... The view was really of the parking lot with a tiny (tiny tiny) ocean view. I was given a key to access the room that didn't work and when I checked the sofa bed (we were supposed to have 2 queens), the sofa bed would not come out. It was stuck, so I didn't get a chance to see if the sofabed was comfortable or not. I returned, with my 3 year old in my arms, to the front desk and was thrilled to have the manager greet me while the clerk who I had interacted with gave me dirty looks from the back area. I shared the same information with the manager and she got me into an ocean view room with 2 queen beds in 5 minutes and apologized for all the inconvenience. It was a dramatically different costumer service approach and a dramatically different result ... I was getting the room I had reserved! I did not deal with that first clerk again. The room was clean, and the bedding was comfortable. The on-site breakfast (which was included in our package) was average but the servers were lovely. Everyone was helpful even on the day that they were super busy. There s a trader joes in silverdale so we grabbed snacks, and had fabulous beach walks. The evening front desk clerk provided great food recommendations. The swimming pool was great but one night, there was a huge extended family and they pretty much took over the space and there was a lot of chaos (9-10 kids and only 3 adults (who weren't really supervising until someone got hurt)). Our daughter collected 2 buckets of shells over our 3 night stay and we brought them home (they are fabulous!). The ferry was quite convenient and cheaper than BC Ferries. We did meet the owner and conveyed our experience with that first clerk and the manager's different approach. He was really thankful for the feedback. He ended up being on the ferry back to Seattle and we got a chance to chat further -really lovely man. We would return and we really liked the ocean view, and we really wish to acknowledge that the manager single handedly shifted a bad situation into a really good experience. It is unfortunate that a 'it's not my problem' approach was taken at first. Looking forward to a return trip to silverdale! :)

Room Tip: Go with a full ocean view!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hello PinkGypsy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, and I'm very pleased that, although it started out less than ideal, we were able to turn it around and provide an enjoyable experience for you. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Silverdale.

Ellensburg, Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here during a heatwave in Seattle just so we could enjoy the pool and air conditioning. The rooms are all remodeled and we found them to be very cleanly and pleasant. Overall the hotel is very clean and has some great features (like the back patio that overlooks the water, a great bar and restaurant and movie channels in your room). My only complaints were that the pool was a little dirty and they didn't place pool towels in your room, you had to walk back to the lobby in your swim suit to check-out/check-in towels from the front desk (seems a little anal to me-- do people really steal weirdly-striped towels?). We would stay here again and we often recommend it to out-of-town guests. They offer a military discount and it makes this hotel very reasonable!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water and you'll be able to view beautiful sunrises and sunsets!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linnea T
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hello Linnea T,

Thank you for the great review, and we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay-cation with us. For future reference, we do provide pool towels in the wooden stand next to the pool stairs, and there is a phone there to call the front desk if we ever run out (although we stock them regularly). I apologize that was not conveyed to you during your stay. We look forward to having you as our guests again, we appreciate the great review.

Portsmouth, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Silverdale Best Western was a great place to stay while working in the area. The room was quiet, and the view was beautiful overlooking the bay. The beds were very comfortable and the wi-fi accessible. I am a fan for in-room coffee and the quality of the coffee was great. And to top it off, the staff at the front desk, breakfast restaurant, lounge and the manager were all interested in ensuring their guests were satisfied and comfortable. I'll stay there again.

Hello Trevor K,

Great to hear that you enjoyed everything our hotel has to offer, from our beds to our breakfast, and all the friendly staff in between. We appreciate such a positive review, and we hope to see you again!

Cheers,

NZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

LOOKS like a nice motel on the lake so we tried to stay...
a tad nervous about the pets on site..but we were going to ask for a pet and smoke free room..so that was fine.
We waited at the front desk whilst the over worked clerk fielded phone calls and 'MADE" another couple of calls..whilst other staff member who failed to make eye contact when she entered and exited offices ignored us.
having driven many hours..being tired... question... were we impatient......
15 minutes plus is unacceptable in our view...
(we only wanted to know if a room to suit was available)
so we kept moving...
pity because we have a loyalty card

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank r s
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello r s,

I am terribly, terribly sorry to hear about your experience, and thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. We strive to provide excellent customer service by anticipating proper staffing levels based on forecasted occupancy levels. However, in some cases, it's impossible to predict an unusually busy rush of customers and phone calls, and regrettably, it appears that we lost your business due to a circumstance such as this. We truly appreciate your loyalty to the Best Western brand, and hopefully you'll give us another chance next time you are passing through.

Very Sincerely,

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Island Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Baymont Inn & Suites Bremerton WA
Flagship Inn
Flagship Inn
#3 of 8 in Bremerton
Poulsbo Inn
Poulsbo Inn
#2 of 2 in Poulsbo

Been to Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!