“Amazingly real ... if you order right!”

Taqueria El Huarache
Ranked #23 of 136 Restaurants in Silverdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This is one of the first Mexican restaurants (local, at least) that we have found with real south of the border offerings. We did watch several people come in and order boring burrito, enchilada, taco or chicken meals. But we went for the more traditional foods and it reminded us of food from my "Abuelita".

Reviewed 26 November 2012

We were in the mood for Good Mexican and decided to try this one's Poulsbo location.

What is there to be said about yet another mediocre Mexican restaurant, is this number 6 or 7, in a small town promoting itself as a quaint "Norwegian" village?
If only somebody would be brave and open a Norwegian theme restaurant, or even a decent Chinese! But alas we are inundated with Mexican places, 80% of which are not very good. Not a single Norwegian place.
This one is basically another purveyor of big plates of gloppy beans and rice. The chips were not fresh and homemade, the salsa was thin and runny. Chile Relleno was bland and smothered in bland sauce. Their small beef taco was OK and inexpensive but could have been better if dressed with some lettuce and salsa.
A total of 4 different servers attended us, two of whom had language problems. Which would have been tolerable had they not misunderstood our orders. I got a Corona Light when ordering a Corona. I received runny refried beans after requesting rancho beans.
My Margarita was too sweet and tasted like pre-made mix rather than freshly made and blended juice. I couldn't taste any Tequila.
So bye bye, sorry we didn't go to one of our more familiar Poulsbo-Mex places.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Very small local family restaurant, good food and fast service

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Unpretentious, humble little family run place. The interior isn’t going to blow you away but the food is nicely done and a bang for the buck. I'm no authority on Mexican cuisine, but there’s something my family and I find a more reminiscent here that's missing at the other variants of Mexican in the area. The menu isn’t as extensive as the local chain places, but you’ll find a few surprises if you’re the adventurous type. They actually cook here, so if you want to go "off menu", just ask and the cook will come talk to you. We eat here at least once a month and I always walk away feeling my money was very well spent!

1  Thank 4dafun
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Small, out of the way place. Do not let the outside fool you. They have wonderful food and the biggest burrito's ever. The combination of cheap, plentiful and excellent make this one of my favorite places.

1  Thank Navy27

Been to Taqueria El Huarache? Share your experiences!