“A mixed review”

Aloha Kitchen
Ranked #23 of 132 Restaurants in Silverdale
Cuisines: Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Townsend, Washington
“A mixed review”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The place is large and has an ambiance much like a school cafeteria. Service was very friendly and pleasant. The menu is very varied with reasonable prices. Chinese chicken salad was good, nothing special. Huli-huli chicken included a surprising 5 chicken thighs, but the skin was unpleasantly soggy and fatty, rather than crispy as described on the menu. Not sure if we'll try Aloha Kitchen again. If we do, we'll order different dishes..

• Visited January 2014

the great pacific northwest
“They really have the aloha spirit”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Just finished a meal with a couple friends at the Aloha Kitchen and we all enjoyed the experience and the food. I didn't want to go to another chain eatery where everything comes out of a can from Sysco. I wanted good, fresh food made in their kitchen today, and that's what I got.
My frends had never eaten Hawaiian food before, so they were in for a treat.
One had the sampler plate, and left with two doggie bags - one with her leftovers, and one with two hotdogs the cook grilled up for two very hot dogs out in the car.
The other had a teriyaki beef that she loved but could not finish because of the generous portions. Amother doggie bag.
I had the kal-bi ribs which were very tasty though a little greasy and gristly. Another doggie bag.
We all enjoyed the creamy macaroni salad that comes with every decent plate lunch.
The waitress, Pepper, was very attentive and responsive and accommodating. I ordered a beverage, but realized all the cash I had was $100 bill. They couldn't break it, so the drink was on the house.
I am on crutches and walking far is difficult, today made more so by the ridiculously hot weather we are having. Pepper volunteered to help, and went to the handicapped parking area way down the row and brought my truck closer so it was easier for me to get to and get into.
What lovely people. And good, fresh food. We will be back.
Oh, I don't want to forget the sweet sounds of the Hawaiian Ukelele Group of Silverdale strumming and singing the afternoon away in one corner.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank dybdahl
Western Washington
“Made me feel like I was in Hawaii!”
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

The picture above is not of the place I visited. Perhaps it is their main location? The one in Silverdale is in a strip mall near Starbucks and Verizon stores. When you walk in, it is bright, funky and warm. There is a mural on one wall and Hawaiian music radio playing in the background. We sat at a booth and ordered Kailua pork plate lunch and Pog to drink. The pork was smoky and rich, served with cabbage, rice and macaroni salad. It tasted like I had just gotten off the plane and found a cozy hangout that the locals all crowd to at noon. It was delicious!

I'm taking my husband next time so we can get our aloha fix together!
Mahalo, Aloha Kitchen!