“Exceedling Poor Food and Service”
Review of Applebee's

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Gig Harbor, WA
“Exceedling Poor Food and Service”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I don't know why, but I keep letting business folk take me to Applebee's. The one in Silverdale has perhaps the worst service, slow, and mistake prone. I've waited at a table for 10 minutes after everyone else had their entrees.

Applebee's has yet to meet a dish they couldn't make taste like warmed over cardboard covered in lots of flavored sauces.

Visited September 2013

Bremerton
“For Applebee's, This Place is Good”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I have eaten here several times. Most of the time we get the 2 for $20 7oz sirloin (now 2 for $25 Bourbon Street Steak) specials. The appetizers are too heavy, so we order salads. First off, be aware that this is a family place and sports bar with TVs, so the noise level is high. If you get a table in the solarium, the sounds bounce of the walls. We will not accept a table in that area again. The last time we ate at this restaurant was in May 2014, and we got a server named Jason. Our meal and service were perfect! The salads were fresh, Jargon was THE BEST, and the Bourbon Street steaks were cooked to a perfect medium rare. Top-notch cook. They are served on a sizzling platter with onions and mushrooms, accompanied by red (I think) potatoes. Excellent. And on the sizzling platter, everything stays hot throughout the meal. In the past, I have had to send back the 2 for $20 sirloin, either for not being cooked right or for the meat just tasting funky, hut they always accommodate. I recommend this particular meal. Most of the servers we have had at this restaurant have been friendly and attentive, even when it gets very crowded. Be prepared for a wait during regular meal times.

• Visited May 2014
Bremerton, Washington
“Night out”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Last weekend we were awarded with a night with out children, so we did a dinner and a movie. We ate here for our dinner having a 550 Cal. Serloin and the wife ordering a chicken pasta dish. Our food was good with my steak being cooked at medium rather than med. rare, but that is to be expected from a place like Applebee's. Only real issue is they didn't substitue my vegies for coleslaw and I had to remind them after the food came. Server was friendly and kept our drinks filled. Was not a bad dinner out.

• Visited August 2013
“My r-rated meal.”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

I have never been so disappointed . I took my 2 year old and 12 year old son out for a treat. They were busy but things were ok until the brought my steak it was well done and I asked for medium. That was ok it was alright. It was the gentleman that was seated beside us using the F word and other 4 letter words. I rushed my kids through dinner and tried to get out of there but I could not get a to go cup for my tea so we hung out a little longer. I finally gave up and left. On the way out I talked to the manager because I did not want to cause a scene. I don't feel that anything was resolved. The manager told me I should have said something to her or another manager. When I am with my two children I am not going to go draw attention to myself. Not sure we will go back.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank CGM-71213
Port Hadlock, Washington
“Great service assembly line food.”
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I attended a birthday celebration for a family member. We had 27 people in our party that included several small children. Two waitresses handled us with great skill. All of our orders were correct and even with 6 different people paying they had no problem separating the bill. Unfortunatly the food is so salty. Almost everything there is warmed up from a bag. The vegetables were mush. My chicken fried steak had very little gravy on it so I asked for more. After about 10 min I got a small cup the was so hot I couldn't pick it up and they charged me a buck for it. I'm not sure why this place is always so crowded.

• Visited May 2013