“yummy”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 January 2013

i think that it was yummy and delightful, could be cleaner and the wait was a smig long but it is ok i think... i recomend it to people

Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Hakata with my family for almost 20 years. My last visit was about two weeks ago. Their food is authentic and wonderful. My mother is from Japan, and this is one of the only restaurants that has her stamp of approval. My grandparents insist on dining there almost every night when they come visit the United States, because they miss their native food. However, this is still very much restaurant food. It's not food that people eat on a daily basis. So, I don't want to give the wrong impression. The sushi is fresh and delicious. I love their nigiri. It's all beautifully prepared. You have the option to sit at the sushi bar or a table. I am a huge fan of their geso (squid). I also enjoy their tonkatsu among many other things. They serve complimentary tea to everyone with their meal, which is refreshing nowadays when everyone seems to charge for it. The restaurant is small, and rush hour is very busy. Pay close attention to their hours of operation before heading out there. There have been a few times where I have tried to go there just to find them closed. They close after lunch hour to prepare for the dinner rush. The atmosphere of the restaurant is nice. They always play Japanese music in the background. They also have some nice decorations to look at. Be prepared for minimum charges in order to pay by credit card though. I believe the minimum was $15 last time I checked. Anyways, I love Hakata. I now live out of state. But, I make a point to visit there at least once every time I visit the area. It's definitely worth checking out. But, again - check their hours!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Whenever I am in Silverdale on business, I make it a point to eat at Hakata. The sushi is so fresh and well prepared. I especially like their saba, which is so fresh, its like biting into the sea. Everything I have eaten at Hakata has been exceptional. This is a very authentic no nonsense sushi eatery. They also have a selection of Korean and Japanese main courses. The restaurant is sort of small and usually quite busy, so you may have to wait for a table during peak hours and days. The atmosphere is so so and they are a bit difficult with taking credit cards (no Amex) and they have a minimum charge to use credit. Try Hakata, you will enjoy your meal.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Enjoy going every time. Tastes like home cooking with fresh ingredients. Friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I only gave this restaurant four stars because I took out my food, but it was the best sushi I have had in a long time. Fresh, flavorful veggies and fish. Excellent flavors. Not so much rice in their rolls that it fills you up too much. Just good, fresh, exquisitely flavored, authentic sushi.

1  Thank CMC4N6