“Friendly Staff Serving Up Overpriced, Bland Food”
Review of Yacht Club Broiler

Yacht Club Broiler
Ranked #4 of 134 Restaurants in Silverdale
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Yacht Club Broiler in Silverdale, WA offers a water side dining experience with the freshest seafood selections, prime steaks, pastas, and more.
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I've been to the Yacht Club Broiler a few times because I really want to like it... really I do.

They are located on a beautiful piece of real estate, but on a recent visit, the windows overlooking the water were so dingy, you could barely see out of them. The restaurant is laid out rather strangely. There are tables lining the wall of windows, but the entire center of the restaurant is taken up by the semi-walled in bar area.

Although they have a fairly good sized menu, I never seem to find anything that sounds really good to order. That accompanied by the steep prices makes it unlikely that I'll be returning anytime soon.

The best thing I can say about them has been the service. The staff has always been friendly and efficient. They do such a good job at creating a satisfactory dining experience that you forget that the food was just okay, and that although it's meant to be an upscale restaurant, the place is really dated.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

The only good thing about this place is the friendly service. This place tried to come across as a upper class place with prices to match in reality it's a old run down building that they tried to modernize it has no light the tables are on top of each other someone is always bumping into your chair. The food was flavorless and cooked wrong my steak was medium raw I ordered it medium the vegetables had no flavor and were mushy another person in my party ordered the prawns they were so cooked they were like rubber the mashed potatoes cold the third person had hazelnut chicken the hazelnuts were burnt and chicken was way overcooked. All in all we spent 80 dollars on bad food I won't waste my money here again.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

We have friends coming in town for the holidays from Anchorage, AK. They are used to the best seafood. We are meeting them in Silverdale. We were told this is the most upscale restaurant in town. We went there for lunch last week to check it out. First of all there is nothing on the menu for $10-$13 range. This is a special occasion though & there will be six of us. We did get a window table with a view of the water but didn't see anything suitable for a party of six. My husband ordered oysters & coffee. I ordered fish & chips. The waitress brought the coffee and as she set it down on the table she splashed coffee all over the napkin, didn't apologize or clean it up, kept right on going. She didn't even ask me if I wanted anything but water. When our lunch came the presentation left a lot to be desired, not pleasantly presented. The oysters were over fried & had too much batter. The fish was extremely dry; it was cod and that's ok, I like cod better than halibut but it was pretty tasteless. She never returned to see if we needed anything else. When he had taken his last bite she jerked the plate away and said oh, did you want to keep your fork? Not that she ever returned to see if we wanted dessert, which we didn't after our experience. We live in Sequim, WA and he was sick all the way home. We won't be returning ~ the waitress can either make it or break it!!
Guess which she did?

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My family and I have dined here regularly for over 22 years. Although to menu is limited, the daily specials are often very good. When our kids were little, we came here because they are the only restaurant I know of that has a good sized serving of CLAMS on the kid's menu, and a large, entertaining fish tank next to one booth. The clam chowder is rich and tasty, salads very good, iced tea the best, and almost always the service is friendly and attentive. There are many choices for side dishes if you ask. Yes the price range needs to be updated to $18-35 or so for entrees. Appetizers on sale all day on Sundays. My only complaint is that desserts are not as good as they were several years ago.

1  Thank Susan T
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The TripAdvisor entry for this restaurant suggests entree prices of $10 - $15. I paid $24 for my salmon, and was countenancing $30 for a steak, and in total, dinner for two (we each had appetizer, entree, and one drink) came to $80 plus tip, so that price range definitely needs to be updated.

My herbed king salmon was perfectly cooked in terms of 'done-ness' but was very very bland and unflavorful. Penne pasta and tomato sauce as a side dish was not something I'd normally expect with grilled salmon either - some nice potatoes would have been a much better choice.

My companion said her Manila clams were excellent (appetizer) and broiled prawns were okay to good.

There was a hiccup in the service (entrees served before we were halfway through our appetizers) but the manager, Mike, did a brilliant job at making us feel better about that, and I appreciated the sincere open and honest rather than artificial way he approached the challenge. Thank you, Mike.