“Slow Waitstaff Serving Up Overpriced, Average Food”

Silver City Brewery
Ranked #1 of 134 Restaurants in Silverdale
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Description: At Silver City, we take care of our customers, staff and community like they are family. It is the owners' missions to make you feel at home and to serve the best food and drinks in town. Silver City has been acknowledged for their efforts by organizations such as the Silverdale Chamber of Commerce, who named them Business of the Year in 2004. Our craft brews have won numerous accolades from the North American Beer Awards and the Great American Beer Festival. Come in and try our popular Fat Scotch Ale and Ridgetop Red Amber. We promise you will not be disappointed! At Silver City, our menu items are made with only the freshest ingredients from scratch. Try our delicious Pepperjack nachos with tri-colored chips, tillamook cheeses, roasted garlic, and chipotle sour cream sauce for a twist on traditional pub fare. We also have a wide selection of burgers, main courses, salads and desserts that will please even the pickiest eaters.
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Even though I've been coming to Silver City off and on for almost five years now, I find myself reluctant to write a review, mostly because my experiences here have been so inconsistent, which I find is a very important factor.

Silver City is a big favorite for those having retirement luncheons, going away parties, or other gatherings, but I don't know why. Every time I've come with a large group, service has been painfully slow and the food arrived cold and at different times, so half of our party was ready to leave before the other half had even started eating.

The restaurant is almost always full and very noisy no matter what time of day you come, which might help to explain the slow service. I liked the atmosphere much better before the remodel. I'm also not a fan of the new bar area.

The beer that they produce is very good, Ridgetop Red being a standout. They have some very tasty items on their menu, but prices run higher than all their competitors and I can't say they are any better for it.

1  Thank arl3203

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Ate here twice during a recent visit to the area. The food is quite good but a little pricey. HAd chicken pot pie once and fish and chips once. Both were really good, good portions and tasty sides. Friends had clam chowder, salads, meatloaf, crabcakes and most said the food was good. Micro brews available but i did not have any..not a beer drinker. Place was packed for a Seattle game and the crowd went wild when they won. Great fun that day, atmosphere is great, service was sort of hit or miss --- once very good and once not so good but the place was pretty crowded so that could be why.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I had a craving for a big, bacon cheeseburger and my brother loves their Reuben so we chose this place for lunch. Everything was fantastic! I had the Big Daddy Burger with garlic fries & it was perfect. Cooked medium like I asked, two thick slices of bacon, & even free refills on the garlic fries. So good & garlicky I needed mints or gum immediately!
Although the wait was a little long, a manager noticed us looking around & promptly came to our table to see what we needed. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was our first experience here. Nice looking place, crowded and busy, they seemed very organized. They asked us if we would eat upstairs, I said sure. It was quieter and more intimate. Our server showed up in about 10 minutes, he was new and told us-no problem we were not in a hurry. I ordered a Winter Bok beer and it was excellent, my wife had raspberry iced tea, also delicious. We had onion rings, pulled pork sandwich and bacon-chicken Alfredo. The onion rings were OK, too much crispy breading and way to expensive, $8.99 for half an onion. My pulled pork was good, the bottom roll was wet and soggy, not at all appetizing, fries good and the Cole slaw bland with no flavor. But a good amount of meat. My wife's Alfredo had lots of chicken but was bitter to the taste. I good to better lunch-$57.00 is very high for lunch.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

When you grab a napkin to jot down the ingredients in your salad so that you can make it at home - it's a winner. The napkin is still in my kitchen, a month later. I think the greens were arugula. A light viniagrette. Crumbled bleu cheese, dried cranberries, walnuts, and matchstick-sliced apple, and a lovely piece of grilled salmon. Delicious. Every bite. I would go again in a heartbeat. I don't remember the beer that I chose, but it was excellent as well and the place was full, very busy, on a week night.