“Great Service but the Food was Terrible”

Bahn Thai Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 134 Restaurants in Silverdale
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The first time I came here a few years back, there wasn't anything good I could say about the entire experience and I didn't plan on ever returning. However, my son and I were in Silverdale recently, craving Thai, so we thought we would give this place another chance.

We arrived soon after they opened and were promptly seated. Let me say right now that the 2 waitresses who came to our table were absolutely cute and adorable, so much so that I found it impossible to say anything other than that everything was great because I didn't want to disappoint them. They were just so sweet!

Having said that, the food was almost inedible. We ordered the D3 Combo for Two which consists of Chicken Satay, Tom Yum with Prawns, Moo Yaang (BBQ pork) and Red Curry with rice. The satay and the Moo Yaang were extremely salty... not just a little bit... a lot! The peanut sauce was too sweet and runny. The Tom Yum was so overloaded with lemon grass, you couldn't taste anything else. The Red Curry had an unpleasant aftertaste that tasted like cheap artificial sweetener and the steamed rice was so mushy, there were no separate grains of rice to be seen.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great atmosphere, friendly staff and good food make it a must come again place. We liked everything about it and will be back again.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We've been going to Bahn Thai for 15 years...The two brothers that run this restaurant are continuosly looking to give their customers the best experience. Are whole family love the superb food, friendly service and great atmosphere
Thanks guys much appreciated

1  Thank SeaSoup
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Our family always loved going to Bahn Thai. We moved away from the Silverdale area and always reminisce about eating here. The staff were always great and worked well with out young children. Given the choice this would be my first resuraunt of choice.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We have been going to Bahn Thai for years. Their food has always been so yummy! You have a choice of how spicy you want your dish to be. One time we got it level 3 and it was very spicy! The last time we went we got a level 3 and it was not very spicy. But if you're not used to the spice I'd stick with a 1 or 2 level.

There is nothing we have tried that we haven't enjoyed! Consistently well-made food with great flavor is a draw for us! The staff is friendly. We sometimes have to wait awhile. Last time we went there we waited about 15 minutes for someone to even come out and direct us to a table, even though they were not full. Then it took about 35 minutes to get the food (the waiting, with no reason or apology, is the reason I gave them a 4 instead of a 5). But once we got it---oh my, DELICIOUS! :) The guy waiting on us had just gotten to the United States 2 days before, and he was already a waiter at the restaurant! He did a very good job, especially since I'm sure he was still fighting jet-lag!

I am a vegetarian, and there is always something that I can get! Since everything we have tried has been so good, I don't have one dish to recommend. What I DO recommend is that you go there often so you can try everything! :)