“Best Pork Chop Ever”

Trails End Taphouse & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 93 Restaurants in Snohomish
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Snohomish, Washington
“Best Pork Chop Ever”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

After hearing many good things about this restaurant, we finally decided to give it a try. I ordered the Pork chop with wine garlic cream sauce. YUM! The chop was a lollipop cut, more than a inch and a half thick, cooked perfectly, with the most delicious sauce covering it. We've been back, I changed it up and ordered a steak salad, again...YUM! This just might be my new favorite local eatery.

• Visited July 2014

“Need more circles!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We heard about this place from our friends over a year ago, but could never find it (we were looking in the wrong place). After they mentioned it again last week, I got good directions this time. Today, we finally got there. From the outside it doesn't look like much...just another cafe / bar. But, the food was beyond excellent and the service absolutely wonderful! Located across the street from the new Snohomish Aquatic Center, it is NOT to be missed. I had the Ribeye, & my wife had the Pork Chop, and all I can say is the flavors were to die for. Perfectly cooked, green beans still crunchy & flavorful, topped off with homemade ice cream. Oh, and did I mention the beers on tap? Too many to mention, but a great variety of craft brews! Can't say enough. The best meal I've had in a long time! And no, I don't work there, or even know anyone that does. Just a great place!

1 Thank scottlb767
Everett, Washington
“Good food & beer list”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed Trails End! The beer selection was great, and there were plenty of other beverage choices for the non-beer drinkers like myself. I had the Black & Blue pizza and my husband had the pork chop, both were fantastic. The environment is festive and very loud, but more like a restaurant than a bar. There is a side that families can sit in, and I saw quite a few children. The servers were all very friendly. We plan to come back.

Visited June 2014
washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food &Beer”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our food and beer was good as always. Our server was very friendly. Too bad the weather wasn't good, unable to enjoy the outdoor seating.

• Visited May 2014
Lake Stevens, Washington
“Go for the beer and the bread . . . sometimes the staff. . . not the food”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Trail's End is that place that you want to see succeed. Snohomish County has awful choices for quality food (outside of the million Mexican and Teriyaki restaurants). Unfortunately, it didn't get a new quality source in Trail's End, what it did get is a fantastic tap house.

Being right off of Centennial trail is awesome, it is 8 miles door to door on the trail from my house and my love for quality craft beers make this a potential go to spot. It is right across from the new Snohomish pool (complete with water slides, lazy river, etc.) and I have already rode my bike to TE only to meet up with my wife and kids for their swimming lessons and a ride home. Talk about perfect. Add to its great location, a rotating beer list of more than 20 unique beers and a great bottle selection available (for a $1 "corkage fee") and you have a great place to imbibe some amazing beers. My only complaint about the location is the poor parking and the look on the outside as if you bolted a warehouse on the side of a craftsman lodge, but its a minor complaint.

Also on the positive side for TE is (usually) the staff. Most of the staff has been friendly, smiling and willing to help beer selection with free sample tastes. I have had some intermittent problems with friendliness from the wait staff, but we all have off days, right?

Ok, now for the negatives: There are very few food dishes on the menu that are any good. In particular let me highlight the soups. Anything meat based on the Soup of the Day menu that I have ever tried looked and tasted like "grey meat" served before it went completely bad. I mean the meat based soups (every single one of them that I have tried) have been so bad I didn't eat more than a bite. I mean really, really bad.

The paninis are fairly good . . . did I mention not to get them with the soup?

The two items on the menu I have come back to time and again are the amazing bread bites and the steak salad. The bread bites are a thick (over 1 inch) round bread dish coated with a butter / garlic / cheese mixture and baked in the pizza oven served with a side of marinara sauce. It is fantastic and something we order ever visit. To get the calories down a bit we order it dry and just dip the warm delicious bread into the sauce. Very very good. One would think this would make the pizza fantastic but I find it only to be so so. I am not a big fan of their pepperoni (not sure where they get that meat but it kinda reminds me of the soup "grey meat").

The steak salad is also very good. They prepare the steak well seasoned, flavorful and a perfect medium. The dressing is a bit bland for blue cheese but not bad and the blue cheese crumbles ties it together. Overall it is a good salad a bit small for the premium price, but there is steak on it so . . . ok

The other salads, not so good. My experience with the spinach salad was that it was doused in dressing and still bland. They recently had a Greek salad and it was served on a small side plate, drowning in oil and wasn't even enough salad to be considered a side dish with a burger, but they charged over $8. Totally not worth it. When we commented about the over abundance of oil on the salad we were given an "im sorry" and extra napkins to try to dab the oil off. =(

My daughter once ordered a chicken kids dish not on the menu. The chicken was cooked much like the steak . . . with almost a roasted taste like you would find if they cooked it in their wood fire oven (perhaps they did). It was delicious and should be on their menu.

Oh, I should mention that their kitchen is so small when they convert to dinner their paninis aren't available so it really limits what you can order.

Anyway, I wish I could suggest another restaurant near to TE to eat at and then go to TE for drinks but there really aren't many choices. Probably why this negative review of their food won't do anything . . . the place is always crowded on a nice day, but at least I provided my 2c.

Definitely go for the beer!

• Visited May 2014