“NY Style Pizza -- in Snohomish??”

Number 1 New York Pizza
Ranked #60 of 93 Restaurants in Snohomish
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Description: We are the New Owners of Number 1 New York Pizza. Tony and Relita has retired and we wanted Tony's legacy of food to continue. The food is the same and the environment is great. Come in and have a meal. We are opened longer and earlier. Hope to see you soon.
Woodinville, Washington
“NY Style Pizza -- in Snohomish??”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I grew up in New York. If I stood on the roof of my house, I could see the Empire State building on a clear day. And I was raised on pizza. Really good, messy, cheesy Brooklyn pizza, that leaves a stain that soaks-through the bottom of the pizza box. The kind of pizza that is sooooo good, it does not need a half-dozen toppings. It can stand on its own.

Now, whenever I visit my old home, I have to have pizza, White Castle burgers, and an Egg Cream.
Happily, "Number 1" has two out of three!

While their pizza is not an exact duplicate of those I grew up with, it comes closer than any west-coast pizza that I've tasted. When I want a pizza that reminds me of NY, this is the place to go.

And yes, they also make egg creams. What more could a kid from NY ask for???

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Nightbeacons

Snohomish, Washington
“Best local pizza”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

With few exceptions in the area, the Snohomish area is not a haven of great food. After driving by for years, and with the required cash on hand (no plastic accepted), we finally tried this small, New York-style pizza. We ordered the large pizza with sausage, peppersoni and garlic-marinated mushrooms. The pizza was thin crust (of course) and very flavorful. None of the flavors of the three toppings nor sauce overwhelmed the pizza, but blended together nicely with plenty of fresh and chewy cheese. The crust was slightly chewy, but thin and pliable. My husband and 7 year old daughter also enjoyed the experience. The pizzeria itself is very small with only two tables, so getting it to get is probably the best idea. Next time I will have to try the homemade cannoli. For only $3.75 that might just be the best dessert in the area! We will go back.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Kristen M
Seattle
“Authentic tasting!”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

My husband and I are from CT & MA so good pizza is a childhood memory...until we stopped here. Need to go more often but it is quite a distance from our home. Alot of TO's, VERY small dining area and MANY chatch-kee's to entertain the kids!!!

2 Thank SeattleSkyGoddess
Snohomish, WA
“Thank God, NY style pizza in the Snohomish area!”
Reviewed 5 September 2005

I had recently heard about a NY style pizza joint along Hwy 9 in the Clearview area and I have found it. It is hard to find because it is set back from the highway on the East side of highway 9 just North of 180th St SE in Clearview next to a woodworking place that makes outdoor furniture and sheds.

I lived on Long Island, N.Y. until I was 18 and let me tell you this is the real deal. Complete with attitude and all this is the way pizza is done in NY. There are other items on the menu such as calzones, meatball heros, and lite dinners (bet you have not heard the term HERO since coming out West!).

Not to beat up on the NW since I love it here but the East coast knows food and this place has it right hands down.

Stop in and get a bite of the Big Apple:)

1 Thank Tony B