“Ruined at checkout”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snoqualmie
seattle
“Ruined at checkout”
Reviewed 29 March 2008

Had a great night, used a costco package certificate, upon checkout was loudly interrogated by the assistant front desk manager as to how we got the room we got while using "THE COSTCO PACKAGE"! After being rudely asked 3x I told the gentleman to not ask again as I had explained I had no idea. The asst mgr then held the front door to hasten my exit. Very interesting. Kind of a loud, nasty, little man who has no good reason to be in the hospitality industry.

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank stayedatsalish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2008

Our room was gorgeous - we loved the wood-burning fireplace, and the view over the top of the falls.

The front desk staff was nice, as were staff in the halls. We found the valets very aggressive and the valet proces to be cumbersome and expensive.

Our room service (2 dry hamburgers) added up to $53.00 after a $4.00 service charge, and an automatic 20% gratuity. Very pricey for a poor meal.

We were much happier heating at a local Irish Pub - better food and great service!

Still, we found the hotel to be beautiful, and would return.

• Liked — wood burning fireplace
  • Disliked — valet service poor, food poor and EXPENSIVE!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 March 2008

My husband and I splurged for a weekend at the Salish Lodge and it was one of the most relaxing trips we ever had. We booked the "Salish Signature" package and although it is expensive (more than $500.00/night), I think you get a lot for the rate. The package included four 50 minute spa treatments (2 per person) and a huge breakfast each morning.

I found the service at the Salish to be top notch. We were there over an especially busy weekend (Leap Day), and there were several weddings going on, but the staff was still very helpful and did everything they could to make our stay memorable. We ordered food and champagne from room service and it arrived with a "Happy Anniversary Card". I thought that was a very nice touch. I only briefly mentioned it was our anniversary at check-in.

ROOM: The decor and furniture could use some updating, but overall it was very nice and cozy, especially with the wood burning fireplace. The bed was so comfortable we had a hard time getting up for our 10:30 breakfast reservation. The soaking tub is also a big plus.

SPA: I'm a regular spa-goer and was a little disappointed with the Salish Spa. I had a hot stone massage and it was fabulous, and my husband had a regular message which he also liked. But my facial was not that great. First the steam was way too close to my face and going up my nose. I had to ask the aesthetician to move it, because she didn't seem to notice I was coughing. Then, her cell phone went off twice!! Who brings a cell phone to a spa, let alone the treatment room!!!!

ATTIC BISTRO: We ate there one day for lunch and it was ok. Food was nothing to write home about., but wasn't terrible. Nice cozy atmosphere, especially if you can get a window facing the river.

THE DINING ROOM: This place was great. I had never heard of making reservations for breakfast, but now I see why they do it. The breakfast is unbelievable and the place is very popular.
Our package included the "Country Breakfast" which is four courses!! If that's too much food for you (it was for us) you're can get anything you want off the menu and the bill is covered up to $75.00. We've already made plans to go back there for Easter Brunch.

Overall, Snoqualmie is a great place to explore and the Salish Lodge is perfect if you want to celebrate or just unwind from a stressful week. It's expensive, but I think you get your money's worth.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The room looked a bit outdated.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 11 February 2008

My hubby and I loved Salish Lodge! We stayed there for one night shortly after Christmas. Nothing is better than a long day of skiing at Snoqualmie Summit and later cozing up next to a roaring fire in one of Salish's exquisite rooms. If you really want to feel pampered this is the place to be. My husband relished the enjoyment of our room's mood dimming lights, jet bathtub, big TV, complimentary pillows, soft bathrobes, comfy king-size bed, and breakfast in bed! The service was impeccable. For instance, whenever we asked for complimentary pillows and extra firewood, someone would be knocking at our door within a matter of minutes with our request. The only disadvantage was the price. Yes it broke the bank, but the hubby and I enjoyed being indulgent for one night.

• Liked — fireplace
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sweetiyee20
Chicago
Reviewed 21 January 2008

We stayed at the Salish for a long weekend. A perfect amount of time to spend there. The room was perfect with a real wood burning fireplace, a great view, and great room service!

The spa was nice, we spent an entire day there. Book ahead. The staff was overly acoomodating and went out of their way to make sure nothing was missing.

The main restaurant was great. We splurged on the course meal jam packed with meals only found in the Pacific Northwest. Make sure to get a window table. We were lucky to be there with a bright moon that lit up the view for the evening. A great dinner.

Take the time to walk down the trail to see the waterfall...and keep going, all the way to the rocky bottom...it's worth the extra effort to see the falls from directly across the small pool of water that it cascades in to.

• Liked — Relaxing
  • Disliked — Nothing else to do in the area - but that was a positive too!
  • Stayed February 2004, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gbucciferro
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed 21 January 2008

We had a great time and the enjoyed all the amenities at the Lodge. We found the service to be exceptional and after reading some of the negative reviews posted I was careful to notice different details. Everyone asked us how we were doing and how we enjoyed the lodge from the front desk to the valet parking attendant.

We won a night's stay which included a spa treatment for me and my spouse and a "country breakfast" at the restaurant in the morning. The lodge was great when we called in to book our trip and walked us through the different services and made our spa and breakfast appointments. The spa was great and they treated us very professionally. Wow was it nice - we had the heated rock massage. 50 minutes went too fast!

Breakfast was the "country breakfast" off the menu. It is a four course deal! Our waitress and the wait staff were great and were prompt in bringing food.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Salish Lodge and Spa. If you live near a Costco, check and see if they have a package special. It is very nice.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rdhfn
Everett, WA
Reviewed 7 January 2008

We really enjoyed the Salish Lodge and Spa but we started our stay with a late lunch at the Attic Bistro and it was terrible. We ordered 2 cheeseburgers and 2 domestic beers and the tab was $45.80. The cheeseburger was the most disgusting thing that I have ever tried to eat. A big wad of over seasoned, greasy hamburger on a dry bun. Even after requesting mayonaise, ketchup and mustard to try to mellow the taste of the seasoning; neither of us could eat them.
Other then that, everything else was great.
The room was lovely. The Spa was very nice and the service was very good.
We ate breakfast in the dining room and the food was plentiful and very good. We had a very nice table in the back but a table by the window, overlooking the falls, would have been much preferrable. The service was excellent.
We intend to go back but will eat before we arrive to avoid the food in the Bistro.

Stayed January 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snoqualmie
Inn at the Market
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,987 reviews
Hotel 1000
#12 of 100 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,968 reviews

Been to Salish Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!