“Comfortable Rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snoqualmie
Issaquah
“Comfortable Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2008

Make sure you order some special pillows from room service. There should be a menu of pillows in the room, if you don't have it then ask for it. Also you should get the ol' country breakfast that is like 3 or 4 courses of food. You won't need to eat anything for the rest of the day.

Also bring some marshmallows as there are wood burning fire places in the rooms!!!!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Vancouver, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2008

My husband surprised me with a 2 night stay at the Salish for my birthday. We had a waterside room (a bit disappointing because we thought that meant a view of the falls...you see the river above the falls with powerhouse). The large room had a wood fireplace we enjoyed both nights, large jetted tub in the bathroom (could have had a bit more oomph to the jets but was very relaxing), French doors out onto a small deck, VERY cushy king size bed with lots of pillows, relaxing decor, spa style toiletries, bathrobes and slippers.
We used the spa soaking pools one evening, where no talking is allowed. We enjoyed the quiet, peaceful surroundings and view outside. The first night there the area experienced an early spring snowfall, which added ambiance.
Each afternoon tea and cookies are served in the library, a nice treat. A computer with internet is available.
We enjoyed breakfast in the dining room each morning. Their specialty muesli was wonderful, with fruit garnishes and steamed milk, and the egg dishes were yummy. Prices are high, reservations are highly recommended, and service is excellent. We checked the dinner menu and decided based on prices to drive to local restaurants. Someone else on TripAdvisor recommended the Irish Pub in town, so we checked it out. Great food, reasonable prices.
All employees at Salish were VERY helpful and pleasant, particularly the valets. Their services are included with a stay at the lodge, although we did tip.
My only complaint would be the cost. At $250/night and up it's a very spendy stay. I don't know that we'd go again unless we got a special deal beyond the special "internet" rate. They take AAA but that rate was even higher.
Apparently Costco sells a package deal in the Seattle area but it wasn't available in SW WA.

• Liked — Setting, view, service, room
  • Disliked — price of room and food
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2008

Had a great night, used a costco package certificate, upon checkout was loudly interrogated by the assistant front desk manager as to how we got the room we got while using "THE COSTCO PACKAGE"! After being rudely asked 3x I told the gentleman to not ask again as I had explained I had no idea. The asst mgr then held the front door to hasten my exit. Very interesting. Kind of a loud, nasty, little man who has no good reason to be in the hospitality industry.

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank stayedatsalish
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2008

Our room was gorgeous - we loved the wood-burning fireplace, and the view over the top of the falls.

The front desk staff was nice, as were staff in the halls. We found the valets very aggressive and the valet proces to be cumbersome and expensive.

Our room service (2 dry hamburgers) added up to $53.00 after a $4.00 service charge, and an automatic 20% gratuity. Very pricey for a poor meal.

We were much happier heating at a local Irish Pub - better food and great service!

Still, we found the hotel to be beautiful, and would return.

• Liked — wood burning fireplace
  • Disliked — valet service poor, food poor and EXPENSIVE!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2008

My husband and I splurged for a weekend at the Salish Lodge and it was one of the most relaxing trips we ever had. We booked the "Salish Signature" package and although it is expensive (more than $500.00/night), I think you get a lot for the rate. The package included four 50 minute spa treatments (2 per person) and a huge breakfast each morning.

I found the service at the Salish to be top notch. We were there over an especially busy weekend (Leap Day), and there were several weddings going on, but the staff was still very helpful and did everything they could to make our stay memorable. We ordered food and champagne from room service and it arrived with a "Happy Anniversary Card". I thought that was a very nice touch. I only briefly mentioned it was our anniversary at check-in.

ROOM: The decor and furniture could use some updating, but overall it was very nice and cozy, especially with the wood burning fireplace. The bed was so comfortable we had a hard time getting up for our 10:30 breakfast reservation. The soaking tub is also a big plus.

SPA: I'm a regular spa-goer and was a little disappointed with the Salish Spa. I had a hot stone massage and it was fabulous, and my husband had a regular message which he also liked. But my facial was not that great. First the steam was way too close to my face and going up my nose. I had to ask the aesthetician to move it, because she didn't seem to notice I was coughing. Then, her cell phone went off twice!! Who brings a cell phone to a spa, let alone the treatment room!!!!

ATTIC BISTRO: We ate there one day for lunch and it was ok. Food was nothing to write home about., but wasn't terrible. Nice cozy atmosphere, especially if you can get a window facing the river.

THE DINING ROOM: This place was great. I had never heard of making reservations for breakfast, but now I see why they do it. The breakfast is unbelievable and the place is very popular.
Our package included the "Country Breakfast" which is four courses!! If that's too much food for you (it was for us) you're can get anything you want off the menu and the bill is covered up to $75.00. We've already made plans to go back there for Easter Brunch.

Overall, Snoqualmie is a great place to explore and the Salish Lodge is perfect if you want to celebrate or just unwind from a stressful week. It's expensive, but I think you get your money's worth.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The room looked a bit outdated.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2008

My hubby and I loved Salish Lodge! We stayed there for one night shortly after Christmas. Nothing is better than a long day of skiing at Snoqualmie Summit and later cozing up next to a roaring fire in one of Salish's exquisite rooms. If you really want to feel pampered this is the place to be. My husband relished the enjoyment of our room's mood dimming lights, jet bathtub, big TV, complimentary pillows, soft bathrobes, comfy king-size bed, and breakfast in bed! The service was impeccable. For instance, whenever we asked for complimentary pillows and extra firewood, someone would be knocking at our door within a matter of minutes with our request. The only disadvantage was the price. Yes it broke the bank, but the hubby and I enjoyed being indulgent for one night.

• Liked — fireplace
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sweetiyee20
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2008

We stayed at the Salish for a long weekend. A perfect amount of time to spend there. The room was perfect with a real wood burning fireplace, a great view, and great room service!

The spa was nice, we spent an entire day there. Book ahead. The staff was overly acoomodating and went out of their way to make sure nothing was missing.

The main restaurant was great. We splurged on the course meal jam packed with meals only found in the Pacific Northwest. Make sure to get a window table. We were lucky to be there with a bright moon that lit up the view for the evening. A great dinner.

Take the time to walk down the trail to see the waterfall...and keep going, all the way to the rocky bottom...it's worth the extra effort to see the falls from directly across the small pool of water that it cascades in to.

• Liked — Relaxing
  • Disliked — Nothing else to do in the area - but that was a positive too!
  • Stayed February 2004, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gbucciferro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snoqualmie
Inn at the Market
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,960 reviews
Hotel 1000
#11 of 100 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,939 reviews

Been to Salish Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!