Salish Lodge & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sunset Motel(North Bend)
View Hotel
North Bend Motel(North Bend)
  • Free Internet
Mt. Si Motel(North Bend)
    • Pool
    • Pool
    Great 4.5/5
    Great 4.5/5
    • Breakfast included
    1,406 results
    All reviewssnoqualmie fallstwin peakscountry breakfastwood burning fireplacesoaking poolsjetted tubsteam rooma river view roompillow menuwindow seatromantic getawaycostco packagepacific northwestvalet parkingone night stayvalet serviceseattle area
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I just got home from an incredible stay at the Salish Lodge and I couldn't be happier with the experience that we had. My husband took me up there for my birthday and from the moment we walked in until the moment that we drove off, we were given nothing less than first-class treatment. The valet was attentive and polite and the front desk staff were friendly and very knowledgable. They made us feel right at home, which was a wonderful way to start off our stay. When we went up to our room, there was a wine and cheese plate waiting for us with a card, wishing me a happy birthday from the entire staff, which was a thoughtful touch. The rooms there are beautiful. They have a rustic feel with wonderful amenities like their large soaking tub and wood-burning fireplace. Our dinner at The Attic was fantastic. I am a really picky eater so my husband and I ordered many different dishes to try and I ended up loving them all. Our server was so helpful and really made me feel special. The next morning, we ordered breakfast in bed and again, the food didn't disappoint. All in all, the service throughout our stay was amazing and I definitely would recommend this place for anyone looking for a first-class experience!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

A very impressive stay at the Salish from start to finish. My wife and I were celebrating her 30th birthday but kept it a little more casual for dinner by eating in the Attic. The food was excellent, but most impressive was the level of service we received. Being the more "casual" option, I was expecting more casual service. Not the case as our server provided a first class dining experience and really took care of the birthday girl. Our room was incredible, a great mix of luxurious amenities with an old school cabin feel, especially with the fireplace. We ordered breakfast in bed the next morning and the presentation and food quality were top notch. A big thank you to the Salish for making my wife feel special on her big day. I will definitely be returning for future celebrations!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here in September, 2013 for our anniversary. Our overall experience was that this is just a big "cheesy" hype to get you in the door and pay a gregarious amount of money for a room next a water fall.

Before I dive deep into this establishment, you should note, there is not ONE room that has a view of the water falls. Despite what they tell you, the best view you could ever get is the teeny top of the falls running over the edge. It looks like a little river running over rocks. The best view is from the observation platform 100 yards away.

Think about it, look at pictures of the Lodge, it's sitting on TOP of the falls, therefore the only view you could ever get is the very teeny topsy top of the falls.
    Don't go into this thinking you will be all romantic snuggled watching a waterfall, you will be leaving 1-star reviews like us! Also, don't expect anybody to make you feel special, nobody has any clue what's going on much less wants to wish you a "Happy Anniversary."

Here is the breakdown:
    Valet/Parking:
    5 Star, fast, attentive and all around good people.

Front-Desk Staff:
    1 Star, they couldn't know their left from their right. Check-in is at 4PM, and god-forbid you show up a few minutes early. This gentleman at the front was so snooty that we were there just a few minutes before 4PM. Our bad?

Food:
    1 Star, AVOID. Overpriced, it was cheesy, it tasted like somebody heated something frozen up in the back. The steak was burnt black and cold blue in the middle, that's medium rare? Our waiter looked like a dishwasher and couldn't speak English. Since it was our anniversary...I just wasn't in the mood to argue with everybody. We ordered a package from Salish, big mistake. Our waiter had no idea what we were "owed" and we ended up going off-course quite a bit. DON"T buy the packages. If you go, just do your own thing.

Room:
    2 Star, the room itself is great! Fireplace, spacious, cozy, but we paid extra for the premium "View" room. Do you want to know what the view consisted of? Puget Sound Energy equipment....ROMANTIC!!!!!! So glad we paid extra for that!! I would leave negative stars just for that fact alone. Remember: No rooms at the Salish Lodge have a good view!

Moral of the story, it's a big cheesy mistake. But if we ever go back, which I doubt we will, stay in any room, the cheapest room you can find. Go to the "attic" for dinner, they have better service and food.

But best yet, just go and look at the falls, it's free and go on your merry way to another place to stay.

**UPDATE**
    The Salish Lodge just overcharged me by $200....as if this nightmare could ever be over!

Room Tip: DO NOT UPGRADE, there is NO rooms that have "views" they will try to upsell you! check the photo, you will be looking at a power plant!
    8  Thank trident2963
    Reviewed 12 September 2013

*Aside* Let me start off by saying that this is an expensive hotel, and that many of the people that have reviewed it did not feel that it was worth it. I COMPLETELY feel that they are wrong, as everything that was in the Salish's power to do right, they did. They cannot control if the water has something in it (Washington Water Power) or that you cannot go straight to the falls from the hotel (Reclamation Department.)

We (my wife and I) checked in at around 2 after valeting our car with a polite man outside who went and opened doors and carried bags in for us. After negotiating the check in process with a gentleman who was just learning (and did a wonderful job) we were taken back to our room.

First impression of the room was WOW! This is a beutifully redone room that maintains its old world charm, with new world amenities. Something the Salish does very well, as it stays away from the gaudiness of many LV hotels, while still offering the great staying experience.

The bed was very comfortable, and was strewn with rose petals as my wife and I were coming for a romantic getaway. The view from our room, while not breathtaking, was adequate for our needs. Growing up in Washington you get used to having dam's on most rivers or falls, so being able to see part of the structure bothered me in the least.

We partook of afternoon tea and coffee in the library (a great place to go read if your significant other needs to nap/refresh or sleeps in like mine.) Then just wandered around the hotel some and saw where/when it was built and all the history that goes along with it. This is part of what you are paying for, the fact that this place has some history to its bones and has been serving the greater Seattle area for years.

The two person tub in our room was wonderful for soaking away the drive, and just relaxing with the jets and the light show. We did not take part of the bath butler, though many do. It completely merits a look (check out the in room booklet.) While in the booklet, order yourself a pillow if you would like. My wife chose lavender, and nestled her little head there for the night. Me, I am a memory foam guy.

Sleep that night came fast, as we had dinner in the dining room and had relaxed in the spa (I will review those as well.) When morning peaked through our blinds we readied ourselves for the day and headed out for breakfast, again in the dining room. This morning was rife with fog, so it had a real cabin-y feel to it. During breakfast we re-hashed our visit and felt that if that was the end of our vacation (we still had 6 nights left) we could have went home and felt like we had a wonderful vacation. It was that good.

1  Thank Stuart and Kris... P
    ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Thank you so very much for sharing your tremendous experience! We value your feedback, and appreciate you taking the opportunity to inform others of all the opportunities within our walls that are possible with each guest stay. We greatly look forward to your next visit, and the next chance to impress!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The hotel is very nice but the rooms facing the street have traffic noise all day and all night. It seems that such an expensive hotel should use better sound proffing. You might as well be at a motel 6 on a major highway. Also, the wifi in the room did not work. For the prices they charge-see the falls and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you can't face the falls-don't bother to go.
    • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. The majority of our guestrooms are located far away from the road leading to the property. We have many options including quiet garden rooms & wonderful river view guestrooms. Traffic noise of any kind is not typical, and I apologize that this was experienced. It is our hope that you return once more to enjoy a different room type perhaps, one that is a bit more in line with the serene atmosphere we are used to providing!