“Channeling Twin Peaks” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snoqualmie
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Channeling Twin Peaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

My wide and I stayed at the inn on a frigid December visit. The views are spectacular, but due to the cold temperature the hiking trail was closed.

Room was very nice with fireplace and view of the falls. Staff was very attentive and friendly at both restaurants, Jordan the valet could not have been more helpful, and despite the cold, we had a great time.

Easy access to Woodinville wine area from the lodge.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evan R
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate knowing when we have provided exceptional service, and will be sure to pass the comments along to Jordan in Valet!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Many folks have commented on how expensive this place is, and they aren't wrong. We had gift certificates for the room, which really helped, but we blew some major coin on meals and drinks and felt it was worth it. We really enjoyed the service we received from our front desk guys to Gwynne, our awesome bartender in The Attic. We did not have a view room and we were okay with that, since it's winter and gets dark at 4:30 anyway. The 2-person jacuzzi tub was so very nice, and you can choose a color of lights from within the tub--I mean, is that fun or what? You can also light a fire in your own fireplace, and it's not even the light switch gas fireplace; you have a few logs, and some matches, and a damper. Fun, right? Breakfast was fattening and delicious and speedy, but we could have lingered if we wanted to. Wine and coffee/tea in the Library was also a nice option. The next time we stay we'll try to reserve a seat in the dining room with a view of the Falls. Not a place we can afford on a regular basis, but we had a great time and would go back for our next getaway. Consider gift certificates for your friends!

2 Thank Sue N
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We look forward to seeing you next time!
Port Townsend, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed mid-week for 3 nights at the lodge. It's very nice but compromises had to be accepted that make me unable to give it five stars. For example, the room was freezing cold when we entered it. The heat was off. Even with it on, we couldn't get the room warm. I investigated and found a window behind the blinds was open about 1". (It was 12F outside.) Unfortunately, the latch was broken but I managed to get the window shut with some ingenuity. (If management reads this and they didn't get the memo -- it's the right window in room 418.)

Wednesday night at 11:30pm, the fire alarm went off in the entire building and we all had to go down to the lobby for 30 minutes while they figured out which room forgot to open the fireplace damper. Granted this isn't the hotel's fault but the next morning, not even an apology.

The room's tub is nice but Thursday night, the water was lukewarm at best.

Like I said, it's a nice place. Will it be our go-to "romantic & get pampered lodge/spa"? Probably not.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Henry F
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Henry,
Thank you so much for your feedback. The shortfall with the room is one that is not typical. The part has been replaced, and please accept our apologies for the challenge. In regards to the fire alarm, guest safety is paramount to us, and while a very unfortunate incident occurred-an apology is always due given the difficult circumstance. It is our sincere hope that you join us again in the near future, perhaps a warmer weather visit.
Redmond, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Staying or eating at Salish is a special treat. The Salish Falls are simply gorgeous, and I had never seen them before in November. They were glorious!! Huge water run and sending up clouds of vapor!. A friend had treated me to their special holiday tea, which I highly recommend. Having stayed here for years over my birthday weekend I can attest to the beauty and ambience of the dining room and guest rooms, especially with a natural fire going in the fireplace.

1 Thank Beverly S
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thanks you so much for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I received a Salish Lodge & Spa One-Night Stay Package for Two purchased at Costco as a gift, so I am not the one who paid for it, but I was the one who came away from the experience feeling cheated and mistreated.

When I made the reservation for the room, I also reserved a time for the spa treatment at 8am followed by the country breakfast at 9:30am. When we checked in, they said our spa treatment was at at 9. Since the spa treatment takes 50 minutes, it was essentially in the same time period as breakfast. They claimed I made a mistake and I had to choose between breakfast or spa. Or that we could move breakfast to 7am. That's the only choice, take it or leave it. I didn't mind an early breakfast, but I could not do the spa treatment after such a large meal, so I missed out on the spa. My wife didn't mind, so she went ahead with the spa treatment. I complained in the morning before breakfast, but they still refused to move the time of the spa treatment, just as they had done at check-in. When I complained again at check out, they agreed to compensate me for the value of the spa treatment ($120) by taking that much off my overall bill (dinner, gratuities, and resort fee), so at least in the end, they tried to make it up to me.

What bothers me the most about the whole sorry experience is that they are free to treat guests with the Costco coupon in a disrespectful manner because it is prepaid and they already have their money. They expected me, the guest at this very nice resort, to accept the blame for their booking mistake and for me to make all the adjustments to correct it. It was only when I complained again in the end that they did something to compensate me. Only after trading several emails with the management did they stop implying that I was at fault for the "miscommunication." I am not sure if they double booked the spa time I reserved and had to bump me for a new paying customer or if someone just made an honest mistake, but they would never say and they refused to correct it in the beginning when I checked in.

A couple of other notes about the visit: the tub drain was clogged, the faucet dripped constantly, and two of the jacuzzi jets did not work. The famous country breakfast was good, but the fabled "honey from the sky" was just that, a fable, or clever marketing, because it never happened. The bed was king size wide but dwarf size long. It was the first king or queen size bed where the feet of my 6'1" frame hung off the end. The promised coffee and paper in the library was not there when I went down at 7AM. These may not be big things, but for a resort that charges so much for a room and even an extra resort fee of $17 per day that includes the newspaper and coffee, I expect much more.

I had such a bad experience with Salish Lodge and Spa that I would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: When the guest is blamed for the resort's booking errors, he or she feels so unwelcome that ther...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
19 Thank JOhn_CU3893SK
Mr. Caples,
Thank you for the feedback and additional information. In no way were we implying the miscommunication was any fault to you in the process. We place an incredible emphasis on ensuring the guest experience is one that is memorable for all of our guests, and memorable for all the right reasons. This is especially true with our Costco offering, as it constitutes the lions share of our packaged business. After speaking with you at the desk, I did apologize profusely for the reservations error which led to a double booking. We did extend multiple options to you and your wife to remedy the situation. I am pleased that the adjustments made up for the booking error. Again thank you for your feedback.

Best Regards,
Salish Team
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I've stayed at the lodge many, many times and booked corporate events with the lodge so it is sad to see the degeneration. The recent remodel ruined much of this lodge's charm. The place feels stripped of it's woodsy, nature-loving spirit, which was replaced by fluorescent lights, harsh red glass fixtures, and urban furnishings. (The electrical in our room was a mess; lights flickering, outlets not working, the TV required an extension cord run to the hallway to run!!) The place used to feel rich and luxurious. Now it feels under-coiffed and even common. Unless I hear that the design and lack of quality has been remedied I'll not stay there again. I guess all things must pass.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank WorldTravelGoddess
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We are sad to hear that you had challenges during your stay. We will work diligently with our engineering team to ensure these items are addressed.

Best Regards,
Salish Team
Squamish, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stumbled across this gorgeous lodge last winter and had an incredibly beautiful stay!
Every where we went we were blown away, from the wonderfully relaxing full service spa that is included with your stay, to the private in-room jacuzzi featuring the quietest jets I've come across, no mood-dampening air compressor racket here, just the crackling of the burn log fireplace. The trail to the bottom of the falls was closed for a rebuild last year, but word is that it has now reopened, and I am very looking forward to the stroll when we are able to make a return trip, which we have been looking forward to since we left...

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travis L
We look forward to seeing you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snoqualmie
Inn at the Market
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,959 reviews
Hotel 1000
#10 of 100 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,935 reviews

Been to Salish Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!