“Anniversary getaway”
Review of Salish Lodge & Spa

Salish Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Snoqualmie
Reviewed 18 August 2014

A stay at The Salish is a phenomenal way to celebrate an anniversary. I would highly recommend the restaurant as a romantic location with truly exceptional food. A trip to The Spa is a wonderful addition.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear T M,

Thank you for your short but sweet review. We do have a lot of guests celebrate anniversaries, honeymoons, and birthdays with us. But of course one could always find a good reason to make it up to the lodge!

We are happy that you enjoyed your anniversary stay. Thank you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,394)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Lovely setting, excellent and attentive staff, however the rooms are dark with no way to sit at the desk to read or write. All the lodge info is on the TV and there is no folder or booklet with info which makes it hard to use the remote to navigate the TV when the room is so dark.
The spa is very small...no toiletries in the shower, no blow dryers, etc. just 2 open shower stalls facing the jacuzzi. No switch to be found to turn on the jets and I walked all over the place. The switch to the steam sauna is not well marked so that too was a challenge. The masseuse however was excellent.
We were there for 3 nights and had no clean sheets. Nor could we find a sign that mentioned saving water, etc so there is no bedding changes at all. The first day when we got back to our room after a day of hiking, we had to call the front desk at 3:50 pm to have someone come and make up our room. Our room service dishes and old food was still where we left it. The bed was just straightened each day with no explanation as to why they do not change out sheets.
Our safe in our room didnt work and they tried to repair it twice. I do not like to carry my valuables everywhere I go when on vacation, including when going down to dinner or going on hikes. I would leave my purse at the front desk each time, thinking they were putting it in the safe but what I found out on the last day was they just kept it behind the front desk counter.
Dinner at The Dining Room was superb as was breakfast!
Since it was unseasonably warm when we stayed there (96 degrees record the day we arrived), the AC fan faces right onto the bed so when we tried to sleep with the AC on we had cold air blasting on our faces so had to turn it off. There is no way to adjust the fan strength it is either ON or OFF with no fan settings available.
Would go back to eat but will never stay there again.

Dear stilltired808,

Thank you very much for your review and your feedback. I am very sorry for the parts of your stay that were not up to either of our expectations. I assure you that this is not the usual experience of our guests, as noted by the other reviewers.

I would very much like to speak with you further and apologize personally, if at all possible. If it is not too inconvenient, please call me or email me directly.

Thank you again. I hope the have the opportunity to speak with you.

Scott Guthrie
Assistant General Manager
425-831-6501
scott.guthrie@salishlodge.com

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had a lovely anniversary. The best surprise was the note congratulating us on our 30th wedding anniversary and accompanying bottle of champagne! The room was even nicer than expected. It had a view, mini frig, internet, fireplace, hot tub, Kurig and a magnifying mirror!!
A BIG thank you goes out to housekeeping. After we got home I realized I let a blouse in the closet. I called and they mailed to top out priority. A+
Oh yes, the waterfall was so amazing. The hotel is right there! The spa looked very nice but we were just happy in our room or the restaurant or wandering.

Dear Jill E,

Thank you very much for your review and for spending your 30th wedding anniversary with us.Thank you as well for highlighting our housekeeping team that works hard to get any lost and found items to their rightful owners.

We hope to see you again for your 31st!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Location, location, location! I doubt that it could be better. We had a falls/river view room with a small balcony. It was so pleasant to open the door and listen to the falls. My daughters and I took advantage of the Spa for several treatments. I highly recommend the Thai massage. I had never had one and after my older daughter tried it and came back raving about it, I had to give it a go. Oh my....I am so glad I did. I don't think I have ever felt that relaxed after a treatment in my life. I had a wonderful facial performed by Kathleen. I recommend her very much. I also had a regular relaxation massage which I would not recommend. I've had much better. My daughters had the honey/oatmeal scrub as well as facials and other massages which they enjoyed. Our room had a fireplace but it just wasn't cool enough to use it. We were in the Spa Class rooms and had access to the Continental breakfast and
wine/cheese/fruit in the late afternoon. The lodge is old and perhaps could use some freshening up but overall it was what I expected. I did not want modern glass encased space. The grounds are delightful. My daughters also did the morning yoga overlooking the falls. Now...the falls. Beautiful, refreshing and awesome. There is a park adjacent to the hotel that has paved walkways and is handicap accessible. There is an unpaved but wide and graveled trail to the bottom of the falls. Just
Walking through the forest is delightful. We also drove to Franklin Falls and hiked there. The
Lodge is expensive. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear darlinbeck,

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted that you and your daughters enjoyed your stay at the lodge. Thank you especially for pointing out our treatments, Kathleen and other team members in the spa. We will make sure to share your comments with all of them.

Thank you again. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

beautiful lodge, rooms were wonderful. Attic was great, main dinner was very expensive. Venture out into other towns and areas and there are gems to eat at. A Cafe where Twin Peaks was filmed was wonderful.
You are a good distance from Seattle which we liked.

Room Tip: Aim for a room overlooking the falls and not the power plant
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew A
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Andrew A,

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. You are right, the nearby towns have a lot to offer, including some Twin Peaks nostalgia! Thank as well for mentioning our rooms and Attic.

Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Salish and went to the summer concert on the green. I have to say it was most awesome, very relaxing especially with the wine and treats. The music was very good, Sera Calhoune was very easy to groove with, loved her. Our room was so amazing but our favorite was getting to have breakfast overlooking the falls in our own special room. Our hostess Rachel Campbell couldn't have been sweeter and her service to us was absolutely incredible, she obviously knows how to engage with her guests with a big smile and friendly aura. I would suggest asking to be seated in her section, it was worth it! We actually went to another concert last night and I recommended her to the couple sitting next to us. They are staying for their 9 year Anniversary, woot woot.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view, oh and I ordered a lavender pillow to sleep with, oh my gosh was it amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Rinak65,

Thank you for your review of the lodge, Music on the Green, and our Dining Room restaurant. And thank you especially for pointing out Rachel and the great service she provided. We are are very proud of our team members and love seeing them recognized.

Our Music on the Green concert series was a hit with our guests and locals alike. We are delighted that you attended.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had a 1-night reservation at Salish Lodge, the night before beginning our Alaskan cruise out of Seattle. This night also happened to be my birthday. We were there during peak (summer) season, so naturally the rate was not a deal, just the rack rate for that time. The hotel was beautiful as expected. Our room was spacious and provided ample room for my family of four. My girls greatly enjoyed the special bathtub that had all-around jets and different color lights that could stay constant or change with the quick press of a button. The bathtub is larger than most in a master bathroom; the bottom stays wide, as opposed to others that come in. I also like the feature that you can slide the door between the bathroom and bedroom to enjoy the view or breeze from outside, see or hear TV in the room, or talk to others in the room (if privacy is not an issue). If you so choose to have a partition between the bathroom and bedroom, just slide the door back.

The night we spent there was cold, so we opted to start a fire with the logs that were provided in our room. It was nice to hear the crackling sound of the fire as we got ready for bed, while it also kept us warm at night. That was a very special touch.

My only complaint about Salish Lodge is they were unable to accommodate us in their Dining Room for dinner or for brunch the next morning. When we approached the front desk about this, they explained to us that they recommend in the welcome letter provided at check-in to make reservations at the Dining Room in advance as they book up. However, that was not helpful for us as we only got the welcome letter upon arrival. Whey did they not inform us of this at the time of booking? That was one of the reasons we chose to stay there, to have a special dining experience. When we asked if they could accommodate us, they did not budge. There was a wedding party there that night, but you would also think they would make room for guests not affiliated with a special event. In the end, we had dinner in The Attic, which was very good, though we still would have preferred the Dining Room experience. Since they were booked for brunch the next morning, we took a walk to the waterfalls, packed, and checked out earlier than expected to visit Seattle some before our cruise.

All in all, though, a positive experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear mariewt,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that overall you enjoyed your stay. You highlighted two of our unique features, our jet tubs and real fireplaces. Our guests love them!

Thank you also for your comments regarding restaurant reservations. We will look into why that was not explained better at the time of the reservation as that is what we typically do. I am sorry that it was overlooked during your booking.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Snoqualmie
Belltown
The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Salish Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!