“Very nice”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snoqualmie
Canberra, Australia
“Very nice”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The hotel has great views of the falls, as do all the rooms. The lodge-y feel is well done. Rooms have jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces, nice. Clean and well run. Yeah, it's definitely pricey. But it's pretty nice too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear axs666,

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and the lodge-y-ness of the lodge!

We hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel is touted as a first class hotel and spa and has first class prices to match (around $350 per night). The room was nice, but had two big deficiencies. The bathroom was not completely clean, with some mold in the grout and on the shower curtain. In addition, our river view was not terribly romantic because it looked out on a power plant.

The biggest problem we had was with the service. When we checked in on August 13, my wife and her friend went to the spa to make an appointment to have their nails done. There was no nail service available, which is surprising in itself for what purports to be a top spa. The spa person then suggested that a nail place in town and told my wife and her friend that she had made an appointment for the next day at 10:30. When we drove to the nail place, they had no record of an appointment and could not take them. Thus we were sent on a wild goose chase and wasted our time.

It gets worse. I asked the person at the desk to let the manager of the hotel know what had happened, and then we didn't hear anything back for a day. I then complained again at the desk. When we were checking out there was a message on our machine. Maybe it was an apology, but ironically we never found out because the answering option on the phone didn't work. We called the desk and an engineer did come to the room, but he couldn't get it fixed either.

All in all, our three day stay at the lodge was so disappointing. Conde Nast rated this as a top spa, but it must have gone downhill. We have stayed at first class spas before, but this surely wasn't one. We felt ripped off.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank frederic m
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear frederic m,

I am very sorry that we have not been able to touch bases directly. I would very much like to speak with you about the incident with the 3rd party who made a mistake with your reservation.

In addition to trying to call you while you were in the hotel, I also sent and email on 8/16 to the party you were traveling with in hopes to reach you (as their e-mail address is on file for you).

As I still do not have your contact information, please feel free to call me any time. My direct number is below. Once again I apologize that I have not yet been able to reach you directly, but I assure you, I have been trying.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Loved the fireplace and jacuzzi in the room. If you like dark rustic rooms then it is a great place to stay. Beautiful setting next to Snoqualmie falls and hiking available too right from hotel. Treatments in SPA is nice but facility itself needs renovation to have more roomy locker rooms. There's no jacuzzi in the SPA and only soaking tubs and steam room is not ideal. If you are a couple I recommend you spend the money on a suite. It has the best views

Room Tip: If you can't afford suite get a room closet to the falls that has next best view. The challenge...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank SummerSoloTraveller
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear SummerSoloTraveler,

Thank you for your review. It seems that you enjoyed your stay overall, but we are disappointed that your impression of our spa facility was not up to either of our expectations.

Due to the intimate nature of our spa and locker rooms, we recently took steps to ensure the facility is used exclusively by guests with treatments or staying in a spa club level room. We have found that this exclusivity has dramatically increased the enjoyment of the spa by our guests.

I would love the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your comments about our steam room as well, if possible. My direct phone number is 425-831-6501. Please feel free to call me any time.

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We just had the best 9th anniversary we could ever have expected. All personnel were both gracious and professional. What a wonderful experience. My wife had a smile ear to ear the entire time.

How often do you walk away knowing people by their first names anymore? We picked up the best room they had and it was so worth it. The view was spectacular.

The food has always been great, but everything was top notch. They actually improved to the highest standards here. Wow! The tbone steak and salmon were perfectly cooked and seasoned, the drinks were to die for. Desert (barely had room if that) were delicious.

All we can say is thank you Salish Lodge & Spa for such a perfect time. Your management has done an amazing job at hiring first class people. We love you all! Special thanks to Akeem (front desk) and Michael our (waiter).

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor. view is amazing! Remember there is a pool & jacuzzi! we forgot this.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Daniel D,

Thank you for your very thoughtful review. Thank you especially for mentioning Akeem and Michael. We are very proud of both of them.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your anniversary stay. Thank you again!
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Salish Lodge offers wonderful accommodations with beautiful grounds. We were very pleased with the Valet service and hotel amenities. However, we were very disappointed with the room service. On one day of our stay, our room was not cleaned or refreshed. The hotel staff were not very sympathetic. Furthermore, the concierge service was not offered (as expected in an upscale and expensive hotel) and the staff was not very helpful with ideas of what to do around the area. Otherwise, we had a great experience and found the lodge to be peaceful and perfect for a romantic getaway!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Esther W,

Thank you very much for your review. I am surprised by and very sorry for your impression of our team members that you encountered during your stay. I would very much like to speak with you further, so that I may both apologize personally and ensure that the issues are fixed.

Please feel free to contact me any time. I look forward to the possibility of speaking with you.

scott.guthrie@salishlodge.com
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This property was just one disappointment after another. The aging hydroelectric plant next door kind of spoils the natural beauty and views from the "falls view" room we paid extra for. The food in the main dining room was barely average but the prices were astronomical ($65 for a ribeye steak with less flavor than I get from my backyard grill). There is a problem when the honey butter is the best item served in a very expensive dinner. The valet guys were great with directions and local points of interest (blueberry picking, bakery, and hikes). The spa attendents were sweet but not knowledgeable. I did not get a treatment but booked a spa floor room with access to the facilities. The soaking pools were relaxing (although too similar - variety would have been nice), steam room and sauna were acceptable but otherwise unremarkable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Chuck J,

Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry that you found some aspects of your stay not up to either of our expectations We always strive to provide excellent service to our guests and would like to address your concerns.If it is not too much trouble, I was wondering if I could speak with you personally. If so, please feel free to contact me any time.

Thank you again.

Assistant General Manager
scott.guthrie@salishlodge.com
Nashville
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Salish Lodge is very romantic and beautiful. The staff very accomadating. Loved the room,bed,and peacefulness of the setting. A great romantic spot just a short distance from Seattle. I might recommend room service for dining as the Dining room can be crowded and noisy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear laddiebuck,

Thank you very much for your review and for highlighting the beauty of the lodge and the "accommodating" nature of our team members.

I am sorry the dining room felt too busy, but am happy you enjoyed our in room dining.

Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snoqualmie
Inn at the Market
#1 of 101 in Seattle
Downtown
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#4 of 101 in Seattle
Grand Hyatt Seattle
#6 of 101 in Seattle

Been to Salish Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!