“Amazingly bad”

Terra Vista at Snoqualmie Casino
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Vista at Snoqualmie Casino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 50 Restaurants in Snoqualmie
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I-90
“Amazingly bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Had reservation before the Al Jerreau show. Beautiful room. Service was beyond slow. Meat was flavorless and served with 14 small French fries. Salad was a wedge of iceberg lettuce with an indifferent blue cheese dressing for 18 dollars.. For the price I would have expected at least passable food. Suggest stopping anywhere else if going to a concert at the casino. Even a homemade PBJ sandwich would have been an improvement!

• Visited May 2013

Bellevue, Washington
“We expected more for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

I really have no complaints about the food, which was excellent. However, I was disappointed with the level of service for an establishment which is classified as fine dining. If you're expecting service similar to the Metropolitan Grill.. you'll be disappointed as well.

Visited April 2013
Bellevue, Washington
“The Staff is Killing the Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have to say that my wife and I love fine dining. This is our experience on a Sat night. I had the Piedmontese Filet Mignon cooked medium. The Chef did an outstanding job. My steak was cooked to perfection! My wife had the Snake River Farms Kurobuta Pork Prime Rib (pork chop). I had a couple bites and it was fantastic.

The décor and atmosphere is nice. If you are lucky enough to sit in the back then you will have an outstanding view of the mountains.

Issues: The staff! The staff has not been trained to be fine dining staff. The staff walks side by side chatting with each other everywhere they go. It's very difficult to flag someone down. I know that some of this will sound mundane but this is supposed to be a fine dining restaurant. They had 2 different people refilling water glasses etc. They came by after our glasses were completely empty. They didn't remember who had sparkling water and who had regular water the entire night. Maybe if they had set the bottles up at the end of the table so that the water that belonged to a specific person would be closer to that person than they wouldn't have to remember. They had the bottles flipped so they obviously didn't have a procedure in place so anyone could refill glasses.

The restaurant was less than 1/2 full but you couldn't eat there unless you had a reservation. They must really be short on staff. Another issue that they have is the front of the restaurant. You have to walk directly past to 2 or 3 tables just to get to the Matradee! It's terrible. I told my wife that if they sat us there than we were leaving. All they have to do is put the Matradee where he or she belongs, at the front of the restaurant. It makes absolutely no sense.

We won't be back. I'd much rather go to the Met in Seattle. It will cost you the same.

• Visited April 2013
Snoqualmie
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Decided to visit Terra Vista as an Anniversary present to ourselves. Used opentable.com - noted it was said celebration, asked for view table. We were seated promptly and given the requested window. Nice. The staff were friendly and unpretentious. I should note that I find the casino very, very smoky and the restaurant had the same problem for about the first 10 mins. Then a nice fan kicked in and the smoke smell was non-existent. It remained that way for the balance of our visit.

The menu was not expansive, but had a decent variety. There was a nice selection of appetizers. I wanted desert, so I opted out of the appetizers, but crab cakes or onion soup were tempting me. The market lobster were fresh in the tank. King crab was available pre-shelled for (8oz ) $40. I decided on the salmon and my husband went for the filet with the Oscar add-on (nice bernaise with crab and asparagus).

The main plates are all sold with one starch which is basically a bunch of different potato options. They had a unique 'potato puff' which we steered from because of the feta inside and instead, went with the truffle potato puree (mashed potatoes). My salmon was perfect and very tasty. The potato puree was a little loose for me....like a watered down version of mashed potatoes, but they were very good. My husband had the petite filet, which unfortunately was delivered rare (he asked for med-rare). He would have eaten it, but the whole slab of meat was cold, so he asked for it to be re-heated. Our server, Alyce, was overly apologetic and even offered a new one, which wasn't necessary. The slab came back promptly much warmer. My husband thought the taste missed the mark, but we took some of it home and I had a piece cold and I thought it was amazing. He also opted for the Oscar. The bernaise was scrumptious...with just the right amount of garlic. The asparagus were monstrous but deliciously fresh without all the dripping doses of oil that a lot of restaurants like to add. The fresh crab was very generous, but it disappointed. It was kind of dry with only a hint of that sweet crab taste. In hindsight, I'm glad I hadn't opted for the fresh shelled crab, as I'm think that's what this was.

When it came to the desert I had held off having appetizers for, I was disappointed, but only in myself - as I hadn't read the menu well. I saw 'Molten Cake' and 'caramel' and thought I was getting a molten chocolate cake with caramel (heaven!). Instead, it was basically an apple spice cupcake, cold, with some gooey caramel inside. It had a nice drizzle of tiny apple pieces, some cherry size dollops of sorbet and this very entertaining shock of spun sugar that looked like a cross of spun fiberglass and whacky professor messy hair. Since I was really expecting a warm, molten chocolate cake I was somewhat disappointed. However, the cake itself was moist and good, the caramel was modest but good. The shock of spun sugar was fun but had the consistency of what I envision eating fiberglass would be like. My husband disagreed-- he thought that besides being fun, it melted quickly and tasted just like cotton candy! The saving grace here was the little balls of sorbet! Next time I would order just the sorbet if offered. Overall, I think if you wanted a nice apple spice desert, this would do it.

I should also mention there was an extensive wine menu, although I found a very limited number of white offerings by the glass. This was a pretty disappointing. I don't like red but found the on tap craft beer offerings limited so really wanted a glass of white, but not an entire bottle.

Overall, this was a great experience. Most the food was very good and the staff were outstanding, treating us like royalty on our 20th Anniversary. Our server, Alyce was exceptional - very knowledgeable about the menu, drinks and had some good recommendations. I will visit Terra Vista again and try some of the appetizers and some of the other menu options.

• Visited April 2013
Washington
“Elegant and a perfect oasis away from the crowded casino action.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

We went to happy hour before the Engelbert concert and enjoyed it very much. The Pinot Gris wine for 6.00 per glass and the 8.00 appetizers were very good, although very small portions so we ordered a couple items each. The fish and chips seemed adequate and the fish was salmon. I liked my iceberg lettuce with shrimp salad..the blue cheese dressing was great. Our server Natalie was as pleasant as could be! They do add 17% gratuity to your bill.

• Visited February 2013

Been to Terra Vista at Snoqualmie Casino? Share your experiences!