“Don't come here for Nachos :-)”

Terra Vista at Snoqualmie Casino
Ranked #15 of 50 Restaurants in Snoqualmie
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I-90
Seattle, Washington
“Don't come here for Nachos :-)”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

These kinds of experiences are more about service, refinement, and the over all experience than they are just a food review.

My wife and I eat out quite frequently, and at very high end places. In a region (Seattle area), void of formal service dining establishments, the Terra Vista stands alone! I wish it weren't true, but having dined at ALL the areas highly acclaimed restaurants, many times, Im sick and tired of waiters trying to be your friend, guests wearing hoodies, and casual attitudes. Don't get me wrong, these more casual experiences are great, but when you are looking for refinement, there isn't much left in Seattle (and this includes private clubs like Rainier and The Ruins). If I hear "hey you guys, how ya doing" from the wait staff at the metropolitan grill one more time, I'm going to jump off a building!

I found the menu choices, outstanding. The classic pâtés, and other starters, great salads, fine steaks and fresh fish. . . .and CLASSIC refined service, with a SMILE. . . instead of a "hey dude, how's it going?" The wait staff here is NOT trying to be your friend. I know, its hard to adjust to in this area, but they will expertly guide you thru the menu, and provide an excellent DINING experience, not a comedy act.

Don't come here for over salted Nachos, pretzels, baked potatoes, and enormous portions (love em all), but come here for your anniversary, engagements, and other romantic endeavors.

I only wish it weren't in the Snoqualmie Casino. Not a big fan of the atmosphere there. I feel it doesn't match well with the Terra Vista.

• Visited December 2013

Camp Verde, Arizona
“Good Food, Extremely Expensive”
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

It's a beautiful restaurant, and the staff is very nice. Food is good, but not a wide range of selection unless you like steak. The desert is off the charts though! The deconstructed cheese cake is the one must have on the menu!!

Visited June 2013
“Amazingly bad”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Had reservation before the Al Jerreau show. Beautiful room. Service was beyond slow. Meat was flavorless and served with 14 small French fries. Salad was a wedge of iceberg lettuce with an indifferent blue cheese dressing for 18 dollars.. For the price I would have expected at least passable food. Suggest stopping anywhere else if going to a concert at the casino. Even a homemade PBJ sandwich would have been an improvement!

• Visited May 2013
Bellevue, Washington
“We expected more for the price”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I really have no complaints about the food, which was excellent. However, I was disappointed with the level of service for an establishment which is classified as fine dining. If you're expecting service similar to the Metropolitan Grill.. you'll be disappointed as well.

Visited April 2013
Bellevue, Washington
“The Staff is Killing the Restaurant”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have to say that my wife and I love fine dining. This is our experience on a Sat night. I had the Piedmontese Filet Mignon cooked medium. The Chef did an outstanding job. My steak was cooked to perfection! My wife had the Snake River Farms Kurobuta Pork Prime Rib (pork chop). I had a couple bites and it was fantastic.

The décor and atmosphere is nice. If you are lucky enough to sit in the back then you will have an outstanding view of the mountains.

Issues: The staff! The staff has not been trained to be fine dining staff. The staff walks side by side chatting with each other everywhere they go. It's very difficult to flag someone down. I know that some of this will sound mundane but this is supposed to be a fine dining restaurant. They had 2 different people refilling water glasses etc. They came by after our glasses were completely empty. They didn't remember who had sparkling water and who had regular water the entire night. Maybe if they had set the bottles up at the end of the table so that the water that belonged to a specific person would be closer to that person than they wouldn't have to remember. They had the bottles flipped so they obviously didn't have a procedure in place so anyone could refill glasses.

The restaurant was less than 1/2 full but you couldn't eat there unless you had a reservation. They must really be short on staff. Another issue that they have is the front of the restaurant. You have to walk directly past to 2 or 3 tables just to get to the Matradee! It's terrible. I told my wife that if they sat us there than we were leaving. All they have to do is put the Matradee where he or she belongs, at the front of the restaurant. It makes absolutely no sense.

We won't be back. I'd much rather go to the Met in Seattle. It will cost you the same.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Terra Vista at Snoqualmie Casino? Share your experiences!