“Crowded but fun!”

Private Tour: Snoqualmie Falls and Woodinville Wineries Day Trip from Seattle
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Snoqualmie
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Snoqualmie Falls is one of Washington state's most popular scenic attractions. More than 1.5 million visitors come to the Falls every year. At the falls, you will find a two-acre park, gift shop, observation deck, the Salish Lodge and the famous 270 foot waterfall.
Reviewed 27 February 2010

I've been to Snoqualmie 2-3 times in the last couple of years and every time I remember it being somewhat busy. The last time my family and I went, it was in the Fall but there was still a crowd. I think i prefer my hiking to be serene and quiet so I can take in the beauty. Oh well.

The hike down from the parking area (after crossing the bridge over the highway) is easy. I think you can drive down to the bottom of the hill, but don't quote me. I think I saw some elderly people cheat and had their car waiting for them at the bottom (the half-way point). Once you pass this area you know the falls are just around the corner. The beauty and power of the crashing water is amazing and gets you pumped up for the hike back up to your car again. I dont know, but I about had an asthma attack trying to make it up the hill!! My legs were shaking by the time we made it to the gift shop.

Overall, this is a good hike, but beware of the crowds...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,532)

Reviewed 26 July 2009

We stayed in downtown Seattle and decided to take a trip to the falls. Didn't take us long to get there and boy were we impressed. Like that you can walk right to the top or take a 1/2 mile hike down. Boy was the hike worth it. We really enjoyed it. A must see!

Reviewed 9 July 2009

Beautiful & Free! They have added more parking since the last time we were there. It is a quick walk to the viewing platform to view nature in all her glory.

Reviewed 28 June 2009

only thing i can say is this is worth the trip and free! only 45 minute drive from Lynnwood. wish i could've driven on to see more of the scenic loop.

1  Thank ciera1love
Reviewed 22 July 2008

From the upper viewing deck the view is spectacular. We went in late June and with all the snow runoff still going on the falls were in full effect. We went in the late afternoon and got a clear-as-day rainbow from the mists.

After viewing from the top we decided to be adventurous and hike down to the bottom. We wanted to do this becuase we could see people right on the rocks around the bottom of the falls and it looked incredible.

They have plenty of signs telling you it is very steep and they are not kidding. It is a 20 minute hike on a wide path but it is very steep. The disappointment is that after all the hiking you get to the bottom and there is a small lower viewing deck where you are still quite a ways from the actual bottom of the falls. You can climb over the viewing deck rail and scale down a rock wall, as many people were doing, but we had a child with us an decided against it. The horrible hike back up the trail was very hard and we didn't even feel like we got a better view because of it.

Unless you are willing to do a little "over the rail" climbing then hiking to the bottom is definitely not worth it.

1  Thank TexasTraveller56