“Very important legacy”

Northwest Railway Museum
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Snoqualmie
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest and oldest continuously operating railway museum in Washington State welcomes over 88,000 visitors yearly to its historic depot and 7 ½ acre developing Railway History Center. The museum’s collection of railway artifacts and equipment is one of the most significant in the United States and includes over 70 examples of locomotives, passenger and freight cars, and specialized railway equipment. Antique train excursions operate on weekends, April - October.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I'm not sure if there's much to do on this museum. It's on open space and a bit limited, I'm not too much of a train connoisseur either. However, it has a very nice Twin Peaks feeling all around, since the series shooting happened in that location. Nice!

1  Thank Antonio_Borba
There are newer reviews for Northwest Railway Museum

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were recently staying at the Salish Lodge and had some time to explore to venture in to this quint little town. As most Railroad town - it's small - quiet - small town America so we didn't know what to expect to find. This Museum was clean, inviting, the staff depicted the time and I'm sure the kids enjoyed the rides on the historic cars.

I have to say - overall - the town's well maintained but especially this Museum! One never knows what you're walking in to when exploring small towns - especially where economics over the years have not fared well.

We walked the entire town - spent hours 'window shopping' - had lunch - had dinner and just enjoyed 're-living' history - not sure when this town formed but would guess in the 1800's.

Come - visit - eat - explore - enjoy!

2  Thank NEAzGuy
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Took my 7-y/o grandson on the train ride. He was fascinated by everything. Wonderful gentleman "conductor" onboard. Great day and plan to do it again next year. Oh, and the gift shop had great variety and prices for everyone.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My family drove out to Snoqualmie Falls and stopped by for a short time at the Northwest Railway Museum. It's pretty cool for kids who are obsessed with trains like my son is. Lots of old trains to see, and a small play area for kids. I wish we went on a Saturday, because they have an actual train ride on a classic steam engine train. I think that would have really been a fun activity for the family. Definitely a place to stop by if you're already out that way to see Snoqualmie Falls (which is just down the street).

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I'm not a railway buff, but we have a friend who is, so we stopped on our way through Snoqualmie, and took lots of pictures of the old trains and the museum.He was delighted when we showed them to him.