“Favorite resturant”

Aahaar an Indian Eatery
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Snoqualmie
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Aahaar is my favorite indian resturant! I give them 10 out of 5 stars!! I highly recomend this place to all of my friends and family.

There are newer reviews for Aahaar an Indian Eatery

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I visited here with my friends and family. My wife is a big fan of South Indian Food and we keep trying different restaurant. On our way back from Leavenworth and we planned to have our dinner here. We had to wait for 60 mins to get seated. This place was so full and when I was chatting with a neighbor of this place, he said its always like this irrespective of the day of week. So, lesson no 1, book before you start. We were ready with our order and the owner helped us in placing the order before we were seated. This was the best of all caz as soon as we settled, our food was on our table and there was no wait. We were greeted by hot 'Rasam' as welcome drink which was the best rasam I ever tasted. Then came the food and it was amazingly tasty and superb. Despite of that much rush, there was no compromise to the quality and this was the south indian food never eaten before. Mysore Masal Dosai and Onion Dosai is to try for. Vada Sambhar was the best vada I ever tried.

I would recommend, if you are near this area, and wish to eat Indian Food, your search ends here.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This Indian restaurant is very popular and doesn't take any reservations. We went for lunch on a Sunday and had to wait for more than a hour to get a table. Once seated, service was fast and swift. Unfortunately the quality of food was not consistently good, hence the "Average" review. For starters, Rasaam was full of flavor and spices and Vadaas were crisp and fluffy. Idlis were a big let down, they were dense and heavy. For our main course, we ordered Dosas. The masala dosas were not crisp and the potato filling was bland. To be blunt, an average South Indian restaurant in India would serve much better masala dosas. The plain dosa (without filling) was crisp and tasty. The sambar and coconut chutney were bland and lacked the punch.

However, our meal ended on a high note since we ordered the Aahar Special dessert. It has three halwas: Carrot, Almond, and Beet topped with Vanilla ice cream scoops. All three halwas very tasty and satisfying. This dessert is big enough for four persons and costs $10 - so it is a steal at $2.50 per person.

We are going to cut Aahar some slack since they were very busy and it is possible that kitchen staff was rushed. We plan to go there once more on a weekday, hoping for a better experience.

2  Thank olopSeattle
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Looking for something very different and extremely tasty and reasonably priced ($8.95 was the highest price on the 10 item lunch menu)? I’m no Vegan nor do I need to watch my gluten intake but there were liberal mention of these on the menu (dinner) for those that do. “Healthy” is there too.
Weary of some mediocre, among great meals, at the Salish Lodge or Snoqualmie Casino I was pleasantly surprised by my recent lunch at the Aahaar restaurant on Snoqualmie Ridge.
You won’t find the typical buffet style food presentation I have been used to and the tables are either intimate or grouped with white linen tops.
I’ve always had a fond taste for the broad spectrum flavors, textures and aromas offered by Indian cuisine but this particular restaurant is extraordinary good. I didn’t ask but was told by others that the owners incorporate South India cuisine into their menu. It that’s what it takes to be extraordinary, sign me up.
If you are like me and sometimes don’t know what you are ordering by the name on the menu, just ask your waiter or the owners who are nearby or take a peek at the food pictures from their lunch and dinner menus at their website beforehand: http://www.aahaaronline.com/dinner_menu
I settled on the lunch menu item of Malabar Parotta Mutton Kurma which was incredibly delicious and I must say, like nothing I’ve ever eaten and now relish. I now have another new favorite.
The mutton of the Malabar Mutton Kurma was very tender and bathed in a great and savory sauce. The Malabar Parotta (Indian version [normally flour based but not sure if that was the primary ingredient here] equivalent of a tortilla) had a crispy exterior with a wonderful texture, the result of multi-layering of the dough batch as it is prepared and pan seared.
I’ve attached a picture of my lunch below. Their menu pix look better than my IPhone one. Anyone know how to zoom an IPhone camera? Think I wet my nose in Kurma or was that the Raita, trying to take a close up.
I also knew I had struck culinary gold noticing that at least half of the cliental were Indian or near India decent. It was similar to knowing the best Chinese restaurant to visit is to look for one frequented by Chinese. Some of those there that day had heard about Aahaar an Indian Eatery’s reputation and traveled here for a meal from the Seattle area.
I am sure part of their past, current and future success is their long history in the restaurant business, 17 years of which was in New Jersey, where you have be scrappy as well as superb, if you expect to survive the restaurant business for any period of time plus be able to flourish. Please note no one was scrappy at the Aahaar restaurant.
The next time you’re headed to Snoqualmie Falls, the Casino, a hike up Mount Si, Snoqualmie Pass or just out driving around, drop in for lunch or dinner (closed Monday). You won’t regret it.

7  Thank SnoqualmieDen