“The Best Place to Stay in South Bend!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seaquest Motel

Seaquest Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Bend
Virginia
“The Best Place to Stay in South Bend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2010

This hotel is very clean and has newly renovated rooms. It has everything you need for a stay with family or for a business traveler. The full kitchen was a plus and also very clean. The beds and linens were crisp, clean, and comfortable and the hotel is in a safe location. The hotel owners go above and beyond with their services and knowledge of the area. They are always going out of their way to help which was a nice change from the hotel chain mentality. We were pleasantly surprised to find such a nice place in such a small town! We will be back again on our next business trip to Washington.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank BusyTraveler13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Small Town, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2009

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and will continue to do so when I need to travel to Raymond/South Bend. The rooms are clean and cozy with a full kitchen (normal size fridge, big sink and counter, microwave, normal size stove, coffee maker, all dishes/pots/pans/utensils). It is on the hillside just below the historic Pacific County courthouse. My room had a living room area with a sofa and a coffee table, with the bedroom separate. There are DVD players in each room, and the owners have a box full of DVDs that they will loan out to guests. Hair dryers and ironing boards are not in every room but can be obtained from the staff. The internet would not work in my room for some reason, but a computer and printer are available for use in the motel's office. I felt welcome and safe here.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank hasquishy
Olympia WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

Excellent motel with terrific service and clean, attractive rooms. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Brookingham
Puget Sound, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2009

I stumbled upon this motel a month ago when I was just passing through and returned a week ago to share it with my husband. It's warm and cozy with lots of hanging baskets and private porches. The rooms are immaculate - I've never seen such a spotless, odorless refrigerator! It's a wee bit run down but the owners are busy upgrading and it's very comfortable. After my first spur of the moment stay, the owner shared the area's history with me and showed a picture of the then hotel in its heyday. And when I mentioned I wanted to come back with my husband he showed me several units, all unique. I chose #15 for our return - over the office with a generous private fenced deck overlooking the water. The deck is accessed through the bathroom, which is a little strange but typical of the quirkiness of this place. It's a convenient location to be a tourist for Long Beach and the Cranberry Coast and I'm sure we'll be back again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank faunadoc
Washinton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

We traveled to the Seaquest Motel with our two young children and had a wonderful stay. The room was beautiful, clean and well maintained. The owners were great, and really seem to care about their business. We will stay again and will recommend to friends and family traveling to the area.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenbeth
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

This is a great place to stay. My wife and I found this place by mistake but have returned twice. We are bird watchers and it’s close to some wonderful spots along the coast. It’s clean and very nice. We used the kitchen and it was clean and had pots and pans and utensils which was a big help. I used the WIFI close to the office but it does not reach the lower rooms for my ipod. The manager said that he was working on it and hoped to have it up very soon. So if you’re strictly on cordless ask for a room closer to the office.. However there are wall plugs for corded access to the net. The town has a nice espresso bar and bakery that’s open with limited hours. The cinnamon rolls are very good and homemade. There are some beautiful old building’s in town which are must a must see with a well-landscaped park next to the pacific county courthouse. Shopping at the local grocery is nice because it’s a larger store with fair prices and good selections. The town also has a well-maintained boat ramp and inexpensive fee parking for boat trailers. Just make sure you watch you speed while driving in all the costal areas we saw several getting stopped along the costal roadways Its not in the AAA book so we found it by just walking in, now its our place to stay in that area .. the Boen’s .

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jerryandval
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2008

After some dismal experiences with motels in the past I didn't except much, so I was pleasantly surprised with the SeaQuest Motel in South Bend. The owners were friendly & helpful and seemed to take a lot of pride in their property, which was refreshing. It's in a picturesque part of town and it looks like it's been recently renovated-we will be back again! I only wish we had been able to stay longer...

• Liked — The clean and comfortable room
  • Disliked — I only had very minor complaints, like the lack of a hook in the bathroom to hang things.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Bend
BEST WESTERN Plus Aberdeen
Chateau Westport
Chateau Westport
#2 of 14 in Westport

Been to Seaquest Motel? Share your experiences!