“Great Service - Nice Motel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites Spokane

Rodeway Inn & Suites Spokane
Ranked #33 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Calgary, Canada
“Great Service - Nice Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Rooms are a good size. Very clean and property is "fresh" and well maintained. I particularly noticed the friendliness of the owner Terry and his wife and particularly the friendly interaction of guests who regularly stay at this property. Both aspects speak well of this Rodeway.

Additionally, they had difficulty inputting my Choice Reward card. The person that I spoke to at Choice hotels told me that my stay didn't qualify because I had not booked thru the Choice website and was not a premium member (altho' I have been a member for quite a few years). Even though I said it really didn't matter to me, Terry took it upon himself to make the calls and reassure me that he had taken care of this issue.

I will happily stay here again when passing through Spokane.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Trail, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

I wanted a place close to the Ballpark. It was easy to get to although not in the nicest part of town. The check in was quick and easy, the room was clean and I didn't hear any noise. During the night, I opened the window and soon heard a train; after I closed the window, I couldn't hear the train again. The breakfast wasn't much. There is a Flying J truck stop a block away if you need a quick meal.
I was offered an upgrade to a king sized bed for $4.00 but passed on the offer.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank AlanFCastlegar
Seattle, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

My brother & I were traveling from WA to MN for a funeral. We started out in the evening, so we decided to stay in Spokane the first night. As we were traveling on limited funds, I booked a room at this hotel on points. We'd stayed there 11 years ago when my brother moved here. At that time, it was a friendly, clean, comfortable, well-run motel. Not any more. It took the desk clerk 20 minutes to check us in, even though we were the only ones there. The clerk was on the phone with her boss, changing a later reservation while we waited. This call came in after we arrived. I was asked for my card, but told no charge would be put on my account. This was not the case. They put a $20.82 charge on my account, which effectively blocked me from the last of my money. The room was tragic. There were pieces missing from the lamp shades, all the lamps were unplugged when we arrived, the security lock was half missing, and the beds were extremely uncomfortable. I don't expect a Rodeway Inn to be the Waldorf-Astoria, but I also don't expect it to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. This one was. I would recommend that everyone avoid this place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Cathy C

Travellers are raving about these Spokane hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Arrived after 9pm to. A very friendly and nice desk staff. Upgraded to new wing for free. King bed....comfy not plush but comfy. Lobby did smell like curry but only in the lobby. Room is clean and spacious. King has a sofa bed. Area where hotel is located is sketchy but room is quiet.

• Stayed April 2012
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

This place was clean and the staff were very helpful. Not in the greatest part of town but its where we needed to be so it worked perfect. I would stay here again if I needed a room in this area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Melissa R
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

Nothing Fancy- just good value of travelling Business people. Small breakfast.
Honest and genuine front desk staff.

Room Tip: All in good shape
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank David R
Spokane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

We needed a hotel in Spokane that was pet friendly, and also preferred to be away from the freeway. I read the reviews, saw the photos, and thought this would be an ok place to stay. Wrong. When my husband checked in the guy at the check-in desk told him the only available room (because of our having a dog) was a smoking room (we're not smokers). It smelled (well, it is a smoker's room, so...), there was some kind of conduit going up the corner of the room and a napkin covered the top where it appeared there was a hole. One of the table lights didn't work. The bed was not in any way firm and kinda "soft". The toilet continuously ran, and the shower leaked. In fact, it took several minutes for the water to get hot. And the towels were thin and of poor quality. My flight got in pretty late at night, but I still would have expected ice, and the ice machine was empty. So if you have a dog or other pet, don't bother renting a room from this place even though it's cheap. Find another hotel that is pet friendly--I think the Quality Inn on the other side of the freeway would be a way better choice for sure, or any other place, but highly recommend you DON'T stay here!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank telegrrl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spokane
Rodeway Inn
Fairbridge Inn Express
Fairbridge Inn Express
#30 of 46 in Spokane
Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley
Crossland Economy Studios - Spok...
#12 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Apple Tree Inn
Apple Tree Inn
#29 of 46 in Spokane
Tiki Lodge Spokane
Tiki Lodge Spokane
#36 of 46 in Spokane

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Spokane? Share your experiences!