“not happy”

Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Seattle, Washington
“not happy”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

i called ahead to make sure that my room had a fridge and micro,, and to find out if they have a guest laundry - which they do , well when i get there the gal puts me as far from the laundry as possible, ,3rd fl , laundry on 1st fl ,,we were able to that fixed and get me a room on the 1st fl ,, then when i get into the room one of the first thing i notice - is that the fridge and micro i called ahead to confirm,, is not there ??? i call thou had a room desk and the girl tells me that i can put my food into the office fridge - and that i dont have a fridge or micro cause they rented all the rooms that have fridges - WHY did you tell me on the phone you had a room for me ????
then when i tell her no way im staying here ,, she now informs me that she dosent know how to process a refund and will have to have the manager do it tomorrow , i will never stay here again ,, my work requires me to travel - alot - and i stay in alot of motels
and i will not stay at this place again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vardis3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Grand Forks, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2014

When in Spokane for a couple of days we always stay at the Comfort Inn on North Division. It is clean and comfortable . The staff is very attentative to any needs you have plus they are super friendly. Always fresh cookies for snacks..

Room Tip: Rooms on the north are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
British Columbia Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I am a single mom of 3 kids and have been planning a Spokane trip for quite some time now. A friend and I went to Comfort Inn North for Black Friday Christmas shopping, the hotel is older and we were in room 336. First of all our room door didn't shut properly and you really have to pull hard when leaving as came back for a pit stop and the door to the room was not shut completely, just pull hard when leaving and the door shut fine : ) we were forced to park in the back as hotel was packed, we left the vehicle in parking lot for around 45 mins, came down and found the window smashed and all gifts for kids were gone, from Pjs to wrapping paper to clothes, 3 10" tablets ect $1800 worth of stuff. Called front desk and told them we were robbed, asked if they had cameras, she said no, she gave me the crime number though, she was not compassionate at all, all she said was that we shouldn't have left anything in the vehicle, she was right, but it's not like we went to bed and left everything there, 45 mins was all it took...they do have signs saying they are not liable for theft or damage to vehicles. I did call the manager who said they do have cameras, I assume the girl at the front desk must not have known? he was more than willing to look back at his cameras and did find video footage of the culprits. Hotel owners should be keeping their customers safe as that makes for a much more relaxing stay and the manager/owner here did everything he could to help, he even refunded me my nights stay, a big thank you to him as he really did provide good customer service and spoke to his employees about steps to take in a situation such as this, he also said its an uncommon occurrence at his hotel, I see it as a learning experience for all. This could of happened at any hotel and am glad that the manager here had cameras. We had 2 queens which were comfy, location is GREAT 24hr hot tub n sauna. I had stayed here prior and kids and I loved it, Golden Coral next door, and a seasonal pool. Wish there was more security here cause this place was my fave in North Spokane but am going to look for better security in a hotel from now. If security is beefed up would stay here again. This individual experience was awful due to theft. I just really don't want to see this happen to anyone else.. ..be safe everyone and thank you to the Owner Shaun for helping us in the only way he could, trying to find the thieves..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mar H
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is an older structure that has been re-badged as a Comfort Inn. While the staff was very friendly the bed was comfortable, and the rate was good, the experience was not up to what we have come to expect from Comfort Inns. The building is built in a semi-circle, making the rooms oddly shaped. When our large room was renovated, the quality of restoration work was subpar. There were paint splatters on the bathroom door, the trim was split in several places with nails protruding slightly, and the breakfast area was narrow, crowded, and noisy. Moreover the carpeting seemed tired and worn out. I think that on the next visit I'll stay at the Quality Inn, just up the street and in the same price range.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

It is an older hotel, but the rooms are big, clean and modern.

Right next door is a great Martini bar with amazing food and staff. It's called "Styr"--walk on over!

I left my phone charger on the room, and when I called; April was helpful, friendly and went to the room, found it, called me back and is holding it for my husband to pick up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Not a hotel we would stay at again. You can tell this is an older hotel they have tried to remodel and while some things were done alright, it still has the old hotel feeling especially in the bathroom. Musty smell in room and bedding had that old feel to them. People at the front desk were friendly, the breakfast was pretty good, and the room was larger than expected.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank c1marvin
Fircrest
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Compared to Downtown Spokane rooms the Comfort Inn was a steal. Staff very accomodating. Maintenance gentleman graciously offerred to unload our many bags and took them to our room. Staff supplied an extra table and straight back chairs. Upholstered ones in room were too low for old bones. Bathroom counter IS very small but office supplied extra towels, wash cloths. Breakfast was plentiful. Other guests indicated they were repeat clients because of price, location and proximity to many restaurants and shopping. Too cool to use the pool and the hot tub was full of kids. Fitness equipment is sparce and meant for jocks, not ordinary users. Yes, there were many "picky" areas to complain about but overall the great staff did everything to make us happy and comfortable.

Room Tip: Very short on handicapped accessible rooms. If you require one make your reservation early.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends