“Comfortable, contemporary, and convenient”

Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Seattle, Washington
“Comfortable, contemporary, and convenient”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here while visiting Gonzaga University. Beds were comfortable, the room was clean, and I was surprised by the contemporary and updated design in the breakfast area. I would like to go back when I have more time and walk the river trail that passes by the hotel. I wold definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I LOVE the Courtyard by Mariott! I reside in Spokane, and often times will drop by their spacious and beautifully decorated lobby/bistro area to sit and work comfortably with my colleague. The staff is always so welcoming and accommodating, so much so, that we really don't want to leave! The food is always wonderful and there is a great variety. I have often stayed at the hotel also when "going out on the town" for the night. The rooms are beautifully updated, quite, and the beds are very comfortable. I always sleep so well! The spa/pool area is also very nice and has a great view of the courtyard. I highly recommend this versatile facility to anyone traveling or just wanting a place to get away for the night. Whether business or pleasure, you will find that the Courtyard by Mariott can meet your every need!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Coupeville, Washington
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The room and lobby spaces are well thought out and customer forward. Bed, pillows, thermostat, shower pressure, cleanliness are attended too. The lobby bistro is inviting and welcome. Bravo to a functional general use space we all want! However awkward conversations with guests at the front desk are carried too well to guests eating right nearby.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Robyn M
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Last weekend I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Spokane, near the Convention Center and along the Spokane River. The hotel was recently remodeled and was a very comfortable stay. My room had a king bed and included a sofa (looked to be a sofa bed, though I didn't pull it out). It came with free wireless internet, a small (and pleasantly empty) fridge, flat screen TV and nice work desk. The desk actually had a pull out table for folks who really need to spread out! Good amounts of space all around - bathroom, closet, room. And a balcony with chairs. Some rooms will have river views, mine did not. By prepaying (non-refundable), I saved a decent amount too. Worth doing if you are sure! The lobby area has a little restaurant/cafe (not free, though there is free coffee nearby) and plenty of seating areas. A TV near the front desk will warn you of the day's weather. Nice staff, nice stay. Next time I visit Spokane, I'll return here.

Room Tip: See if you cannot get a room with a river view!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MaryPope-Handy
indianapolis
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel has a very nicely updated lobby area with very customer focused associates. The courtyard outside had comfortable cushioned chairs and couches with tables. There were also lounge chairs right outside the pool area. It was so relaxing. We also asked for a balcony room and it overlooked the river walk and that was very nice. The bonus was the fact that the hotel backed up to the River walk and you could take it along the Centennial Trail. We walked it and found a great Irish Pub and sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful evening. We felt very safe walking back to the hotel. This hotel was not high end but it def. met our needs as we were just passing through. We also used our Marriott points to stay here so cost wasn't a factor for us. Overall it was a perfect location and had a nice comfortable bed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amgobrogge
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed here with my two sons, 9 and 7, this past weekend. The location was great, right along the river and on the Centennial Trail. The boys are really liked the courtyard (where we shared some evening milkshakes from Sonic!) The room was fine, but we could defintely hear folks in other rooms and in the hallway. The hotel seems to cater to business travelers and older couples. When we checked in, the lady at the front desk seemed displeased to see children. She was not friendly at all. I'm coming back to Spokane in October for a business trip, and definitely won't be staying here. (The Fairfield Inn is across the parking lot and much friendlier.)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank judiecwm
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I booked a room at this hotel to take a break in a long drive from Banff, Alberta. We usually stay at the Red Lion Hotel at the Park while in Spokane but since we were able to get a good rate here decided to give Courtyard by Marriott a try. We were pleasantly surprised by the friendliness and flexibility of the staff, as well as the size, cleanliness, functionality, and decor of the room. In my opinion, it greatly exceeded our experience at the hotel mentioned above. The balcony overlooking the river was a bonus. This is a very well run and professional hotel, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple