Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center
Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were in town for the NCAA basketball tournament. Location is great, short walk to everything, easy to get back to the highway. Rooms were clean, bed was a bit firm, took my back a couple of nights sleep to get used to it. Price was a bit high but I guess expected given the proximity to the event (Spokane Arena). I'd recommend it but at a much lower price than $200 a night.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ras59

Reviewed 7 January 2014

After business meetings all day, we decided a nice glass of wine and retiring to our room for the evening would be great. We didn't feel like going to a bar. When I asked the front desk person about getting a glass of wine from their cafe - she said,"with low occupancy we don't have staff to serve wine." I thought - oh, lower occupancy equals less service. Maybe cross training the front desk staff, who really was just standing there, on how to pour a glass of wine.

Oh, with such low occupancy I'm wondering why our room was right next door to a family that was coming and going every few minutes... We own a motel and understand that for housekeeping it's easier to have rooms near each other - but for customers - leaving a bit of space would make the stay better.

In general, rooms were clean, though pictures were very dusty. Pool and hot tub area was well maintained. We appreciated the free parking and location to downtown. We booked at Booking.com and the King regular room was $119 - looks like Priceline has better deals.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay when they have a high occupancy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank FallsMotelMT
Reviewed 6 January 2014

An older property but well maintained, spotless housekeeping, comfortable bed, and EXCELLENT customer service. Pleasant Bistro with well presented food and drink. Nice pool for this type property. Safe and quiet for the business traveler.

Room Tip: River view is nice but so is courtyard in winter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This hotel is located right on the river in downtown Spokane.....$51 on priceline.....no brainer....pool and good sized hot tub......room was clean and the place was quiet.....quick check in was nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Whenever I visit Spokane, it’s on a solo trip to visit a buddy of mine. Since he works most of the day, I choose to stay near Riverfront Park so I can take some nice strolls to fill in my free time. For me, this Marriott Courtyard is in a great location. I can access the Centennial Trail almost immediately, walk to the downtown area in under 20 minutes, or stroll around the campus of Gonzaga University (20 minutes, opposite direction from downtown). Unless you need to be next to the airport or smack downtown for whatever reason, I think you’d do well to stay at this Marriott property. The hotel staff was very friendly and treated me like a special guest. [Disclosure: I am a Marriott Gold Elite Member].

Some notes:
* This is a three-floor facility
* You can get rooms facing the courtyard, but you might hear groups of people conversing into the evening if the weather is nice
* My room had a balcony overlooking the parking lot, which faces away from the river
* Room thermostats are easy to figure out; heating/AC units are in the windows
* The fridge in the room was pretty loud
* Free internet access is available in the lobby
* “Fitness center” is pretty small
* Reserve early if there is any event regarding Gonzaga University that would be a draw for alumni

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim L
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My family stayed here while visiting Gonzaga University. Beds were comfortable, the room was clean, and I was surprised by the contemporary and updated design in the breakfast area. I would like to go back when I have more time and walk the river trail that passes by the hotel. I wold definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I LOVE the Courtyard by Mariott! I reside in Spokane, and often times will drop by their spacious and beautifully decorated lobby/bistro area to sit and work comfortably with my colleague. The staff is always so welcoming and accommodating, so much so, that we really don't want to leave! The food is always wonderful and there is a great variety. I have often stayed at the hotel also when "going out on the town" for the night. The rooms are beautifully updated, quite, and the beds are very comfortable. I always sleep so well! The spa/pool area is also very nice and has a great view of the courtyard. I highly recommend this versatile facility to anyone traveling or just wanting a place to get away for the night. Whether business or pleasure, you will find that the Courtyard by Mariott can meet your every need!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Spokane hotels
Fairfield Inn & Suites Spokane Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center
Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane
The Davenport Grand, Autograph Collection
Best Western Plus City Center
The Davenport Tower, Autograph Collection

Been to Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!