“Average inside but excellent location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center

Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Virginia
“Average inside but excellent location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The location is amazing. No need to use the fitness room (which has the usual). Go around the lake on the path and enjoy the incredible views! The room has had a few updates like the wallpaper behind the bed, maybe the fabric on the sofa and a fancy phone by the bed. It was clean. The layout of the bathroom area is the standard old layout. I did have a small balcony and it seemed the door and screen had been updated and worked smoothly. The room had a bit of (chemical / cleaning?) smell so I opened the door. A pine tree took the whole view which definitely offered an advantage. I suspect this is an older building renovated because it was in a horseshoe shape (which they don't seem to do anymore) which makes getting to and from your room a lengthy process especially if your forget something or have a fair bit of luggage. Interestingly, the elevator was definitely old but worked quickly. They have renovated the entry and outdoor seating so those areas were modern, bright, and very lovely. To get to the fitness room, you have to go through the pool. The folks in the hot tub said the jets essentially didn't work - very little pressure in the jets even when they used the timer. Most of the staff was very pleasant and helpful. To get anywhere you do need to drive or bike.

Green Features: No recycling in the room but available in major areas
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jennifer L
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel! We appreciate it very much and always welcome the feedback. We are very lucky to have the wonderful location that we do.....right on the river with the Centennial Trail just outside our doors. Downtown Spokane, Riverfront Park, and Gonzaga University are all reachable in just a few short minutes! Our hotel goes through extensive renovations every few years and our last room renovation was about 14 months ago. Marriott is always looking to stay fresh and new for our valued guests. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you the next time your travel brings you to Spokane! Oh, and by the way, the Spa jets are on order and due to be replaced next week! Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have stayed here before. Always perfect. The central location is ideal. Friendly and efficient check-in. A room spotlessly clean. It's a bit pricey for Spokane, in my opinion... but well worth the extra cost. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DavidinYVR
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel! We appreciate the kind words -- it means so much to all of us that work hard to make each and every guest experience special. The entire staff and I look forward to your future stays with us!
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Check in was easy and the staff were very friendly. Beds were comfortable and rooms was very clean. We had a room along the riverside and had a nice view of the river. The downside is the river trail runs along the river, right in front of the hotel, so if you are looking for privacy, don't request river side rooms. Great location to walk to downtown activities, especially hoop fest. We did have breakfast at the bistro in the lobby. The food was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rctaj
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you, ractaj! What a nice review of our hotel! We appreciate it very much and are thrilled to hear that your enjoyed your stay and that you will be back! We love to hear that and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I travel frequently for work and this is one of my favorite Courtyards EVER.

The location (right along the Riverfront) is right next to the convention center and a quick (easy, beautiful) walk from the heart of downtown.

The hotel has been renovated in the last year and is very clean and modern, yet inviting and warm. The new beds are *very* comfortable- I like them better than the beds at the famous (and expensive) Davenport downtown.

The staff is friendly and helpful and the offerings from the Bistro and not dude tasty, with many health-conscious options.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DeutschDiana
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review -- we appreciate it! We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Spokane!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This was a nice hotel, however when we arrived at our room there was no information to be found about TV channels or amenities(pool, exercise room, guest laundry, etc). I call the front desk and found out they were paperless,which was not helpful to me but I'm sure it saved them some money. Also the no breakfast or even coffee in the lobby reminds me of the new money making scam of the airlines! For the cost Hampton Inn was much better value and the rooms were just as nice.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel -- we always appreciate the feedback! I am so sorry to hear that a Guest Directory was missing from your room.....those books are located on the desk next to the tv and have all the pertinant information regarding our hotel services (although we love the opportunity to engage with our guests when they have questions about our hotel as well!). Courtyard as a brand upgraded the look and feel of the lobby a few years ago, introducing The Bistro and incorporating Starbucks as well. While none of it is complimentary, we do have many different options and price points for breakfast and dinner. We do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future -- our downtown location on the river is beautiful this time of year! :-)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

As noted by others, this hotel is ideally located. There is good access to Division, the Gonzaga campus, the Centennial Trail. It is located on the Riverwalk and provides a good strolling opportunity. Breakfast was good, and on the day that I had to get up early, I could get a decent cup of coffee (not room coffee) even though the food place was not open yet. All the staff that I encountered were exceptionally nice people. There is a Perkins restaurant across the parking lot if you were looking for something else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank wireleds888
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of our property here in Spokane! We really do appreciate the kind words. We are lucky to have such a great location and all of our guests love to use the Centennial Trail outside our doors to walk into Downtown Spokane or head over to Gonzaga University. Our Bistro is a quick and easy way to grab a cup of Starbucks and breakfast and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed that. From my entire staff.....Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Spokane!
Snoqualmie, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Spokane for one night over Memorial Day weekend. The room was spacious and clean, and the bed comfortable. The location of the property is adjacent to the Centennial Trail which is a pathway that travels along the Spokane River and makes for an excellent walk any time of the day. There is a Perkins next door and other dining establishment within a 10 minute walk. The reason I gave this review an average rating is because my room was $160.00 in Spokane and I feel that is a bit over priced for the quality of the property. I've stayed at the Davenport Hotel for less than that amount. That said, I would stay at the Courtyard in the future, if I could find a lower rate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Angie B
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel -- we always encourage feedback and we appreciate your time in doing so. I am thrilled to hear that you loved our hotel and location! Springtime in Spokane is one of my very favorite times of the year and all of us (residents and travelers) love the Centennial Trail for nice walks along the river. Our rates fluctuate a bit due to demand for city-wide events, our proximaty to the Convention Center and downtown -- so I encourage you to check with us the next time you are coming to the area to ensure you are getting our best available rate!