“Treated poorly” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“Treated poorly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We booked by phone, and we're quoted one price. We were told the indoor water slide would also be available to our children at the time the reservation was made. After we checked in, the price was $20 more, We attempted to resolve the dispute, and Thomas Lee, staffer at the front desk was abrupt and rude. When we asked to speak with the manager, this person was repeatedly unavailable to speak to us. The indoor water slide never opened, and we were then told it would not be opened. For a family traveling with young children, the breakfast was good, the restaurant staff friendly and helpful. The room was clean. Beyond these few good points, treating customers with respect and professionalism by the staff is EXTREMELY important. This did not happen at this establishment.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lori S
D V, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
We do apologize for any inconveniences you had. I did follow up with Thomas Lee who was the Manager on Duty during the time you were dealing with the front desk as the General Manager was out of the office. As was explained to you, your reservation was booked at the rate which you were charged, however rates do fluctuate from date to date based on availability and at times other rates become available as the date gets closer. Our water slide is open only Thursday, Friday, Saturday evenings and Saturday and Sunday mornings during this time of year, however come mid-June we will have the slide open 7 days a week. As is required, we must have a lifeguard on duty for the slide, therefore it cannot used without a guard available.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Spokane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Overall the hotel was perfectly adequate. Our only complaint was that when we went to the lounge on Friday evening at about 10:30pm, we were told that it closes at 11:00pm. There were only 3 other people in the lounge, and while I understand they have hours, the waiter/server seemed particularly annoyed that we arrived at 10:30pm so close to closing. Room service ends at 10:00pm or we would have done that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

D V, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and please accept my apologies for the lack of customer service you received during your visit to our lounge. I appreciate hearing these comments and you can be sure that I will follow up with the team that was on shift during that time. I hope you will not let this incident tarnish your feelings toward our hotel or lounge, but rather you will allow us another opportunity in the near future to be of service to you.
Denise Vickerman
Marlborough, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

By its own definition, a "reservation" is a guarantee for whatever you're reserving. When making a reservation at the Ramada Inn at the Spokane International Airport, though, a reservation is not what you would expect.

I had reserved two rooms here 4 days in advance, and asked for two cribs (for my twin infants). I was informed by the representative I spoke with that they are not guaranteed. I asked "If they are currently available for that night, can we make sure that we'll have them?" otherwise, we wouldn't be able to stay there. They simply replied with the rote, scripted "There is no guarantee." (The representative then asked if we'd prefer a room with two full-size beds. Apparently they don't know that twins cannot sleep in regular beds.) I also asked for the two rooms to be adjoining, but this too is not guaranteed. When I arrived at the hotel to check in, I again asked for adjoining rooms, and the woman at the front desk said it's not guaranteed. I am not sure why she said this now, since I was there, checking in....

This "no guarantee" policy baffle me, since here I was, making a reservation for them. I feel that if the requested item is available, why can it not be guaranteed?

A day before my arrival, I called to confirm the reservation and check on the availability of the cribs. The representative said she saw my reservations for the two rooms, but then asked "And what else did you want?"

Apparently, listening to the customer doesn't end there. The representative tried to upsell me on selected promotions, even after I said I'm not interested in any of them. This aggressive type of marketing, especially after I said I am not interested, is poor customer relations etiquette.

While the rooms are clean and the location excellent, the customer care at this facility is reason enough for me not to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent visit. I hope you will accept my apology for the lack of confirmation to your needs when calling the hotel. Upon deeper investigation into your reservation and the person checking you in, I did find that further training was necessary for new front desk team members. Please know that we can guaranteed cribs for our guests, however due to some guest extending their visit, we cannot always guarantee adjoining rooms. We do want our guests to realize that when booking their reservation so as not to be disappointed upon check in.
I truly hope you will not let this incident tarnish your feelings toward Ramada, but rather you will allow us another opportunity to be of service to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spokane
Wingate by Wyndham Spokane Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peppertree Airport Inn
Hampton Inn Spokane
Hampton Inn Spokane
#1 of 46 in Spokane
Hilton Garden Inn Spokane Airport
Holiday Inn Spokane Airport
Days Inn & Suites Spokane Airport Airway Heights

Been to Ramada at Spokane Airport? Share your experiences!