DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Longview, United States
“Expected”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had an extremely poor experience with Hilton last year. I expressed my concerns to the hotel manager, and then to the regional manager, and I was treated incredibly poor for a service-related business, such as yours, and swore I would never stay at another Hilton, if I could help it. - As the conference hotel, I attended in Spokane, I was forced to stay there. The service and accommodations were as I would expect them to be. - Hilton has not restored my faith and trust in their corporation, but this stay was a step in right direction.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. I was sorry to hear about your past experiences with some of our other hotels but glad to see that your experience here was an improvement. I hope you continue to give our hotels opportunities because I am confident you will continue to be swayed back.
Thanks again and I hope you enjoyed your conference.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
Spokane, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

First time I've stayed at this hotel. Was there for a Judo tournament at the Convention Center. The room was fresh, clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and Shutters restaurant was clean w/ great food. No complaints whatsoever. I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Scott M
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. It was really nice to get a warm chocolate chip cookie upon check in. The staff, however, didn't all seem to be fully educated about the property or area. I had called the front desk to ask if the there was a place to change into my swimming suite at the pool, and she didn't know the answer. While she did find out for me, it seemed like a pretty easy question for a front desk associate to answer. While the room was fairly clean, the closet door mirror hadn't been cleaned propery and still had copious streaks and spots on it. Also, after being gone from the room for most of the day, my room hadn't been cleaned when we returned in the late afternoon, so I had to call to get someone to come clean it. Then, she didn't change the sheets but simply tidied the bed, and spent maybe five minutes total in the room. I did tell her to not bother to vaccuum since we had come back to the room to catch a nap/quiet time before dinner and were waiting for her to finish. Also, we had been put on a floor with several teams of teenagers and they were very loud. Slamming doors at all hours, running down the stairwells, and screaming in the hall in the wee hours of the morning. I probably won't be booking here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay here in Spokane. Your input does help us identify our opportunities so it truly is appreciated. I would like to apologize and let you know that I have already passed on your comments about my front office and housekeeping departments. I am also sorry about the disruptions our other guests caused during your stay. There were several sporting events happening in the area so we had an unusual amount of youth teams staying with us.
Thanks again and I hope you will stay with us if your travels bring you back to Spokane in the future.
Spokane, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It you are staying on the 4th floor, forget about catching an elevator going down around check-out time. All of the floors above are emptying out so never any room to get in. The parking garage was a little confusing as the attendant said to go in using the "exit." She had a sign blocking the entrance. When we tried to follow her directions, she came and explained that she meant something different. They charge $12 to self-park. The room and the bar tender were good.

United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was so pleased with our stay. We got into our room before official check in time which was a life saver for us, because we drove all night long to get there for the Empire Judo tournment. Great rooms and service. Loved the free buffett tickets for breakfast we recieved.

Centennial
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our Air Conditioner didn't work properly the first night. Had Maintenance fix it next day. Asked for additional Towels. Was told there was a "Towel Limit" and we only received 3 additional Towels even though we asked for 4. One Front Desk Clerk was RUDE next morning when I asked about the Towel Limit. And she said "HOLD ON" while she answered the phone. We left a day early because of this POOR experience and went to The Davenport Hotel where the Room was EXCELLENT, the Staff was SUPERIOR and well-trained, and it was even less expensive.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the review of your past stay at our hotel. Hearing from our guests helps me and my team provide the best experience possible. I am sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted by the malfunctioning A/C but glad to see we were able to address it. I’ve shared your comments about your front desk experience so we can do a better job of delivering quality service and made sure everyone understands that additional towels are always available and not limited.
Thanks again and the next time you travel to the area, we hope that you’ll be our guest again.
Spokane WA, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I really don't have much time for an elaborate review, instead I'll give you an itemized review: - First of all, your front desk employees need to "SMILE" more. I checked in around 4pm on 5/19 and the employees, I thought, were just having a rough day. There was one employee, who kept looking straight in my eyes as she was talking to me and it felt really awkward, and they don't smile. They don't have that "guest personality" - they looked really dissatisfied with their jobs. One was called "Courtney". - Do you clean rooms everyday? My room was not cleaned on Tuesday, 5/20. - They really don't clean the bathrooms. I left a piece of hair in the bathtub, or a "marker" if you might want to call it, to see how well they clean. Sure enough, I came back, the marker was still there. - Don't you have enough "Bell" people to greet and help guests? It felt like once we get in the hotel, we're on our own. I noticed this with every DoubleTree Hotel. - The most annoying part of my stay was when I couldn't access the Internet ALL DAY on Wednesday, 5/21, because of some website that I accessed which apparently I had to call your WiFi vendor, AT&T, who told me that I would back up in an hour...NO INTERNET after an hour and I had to call again and then another hour, yet still no Internet. I had to submit a very important report which I wasn't able to complete because of this disappointing issue. And the worst part is, whenever I called your front desk, they wouldn't even apologize for the inconvenience instead just transfer me to IT. - Overall, very disappointing, unsatisfied stay. - There was ONE piece of good fortune...Garland, your bellman, was truly an awesome man. He's 81 years old and should be commended for the work he does. I don't think you guys even appreciate the good work he does...I wonder if you deserve employees like Garland???!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Maria-Pilar F
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here in Spokane. As I mentioned in my email to you personally, service, cleanliness and our internet are both taken very serious and I am sorry we fell short.
We have a few new team members at the front desk including the one mentioned and based on what I know about them so far I think they may have been too new to be on their own. I know they have grown quite a bit in the last ten days already so we will look our training timeline for the future. I also shared your housekeeping comments with the manager so she can coach the team member that cleaned your room. I was also surprised to see we had internet issues; I was not made aware of any problems. We made a significant investment in our own infrastructure so it is frustrating to see that we had issues at all.
Thanks again and I do hope you will consider us in the future.