DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Nice but security was called both nights. Great food and walking distance to riverfront park. Love the area and can't wait to return but only on business because I had to call for house keeping to take care of the room and even then it was half done and the bed sheets where messed up.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tawnya P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were in town for a graduation. We walked to the ceremony, after a wonderful dinner at Spencer's. The service at both the hotel and Spencer's was wonderful. Our room was spacious and clean. We have to go back in July for a wedding and I'm disappointed to discover they don't have rooms available for that weekend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Could not be a more perfect location. Lobby is beautiful and well kept. Rooms show wear and tear but it was clean and comfortable. We required a crib for our daughter and it was in the room waiting for us with soft clean sheets and baby blanket. We brought a blow up twin bed for our son to sleep on and the housekeeper left us set of sheets and blanket without even asking her to, which was a pleasant surprise. Housekeeping gets an A+. Front desk staff upon check in was efficient but not as friendly as I had expected from this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I am a HHonors Diamond member, and just completed my first stay at this property. It was a pleasure...very nice suite with a GREAT view. The location of this property is OUTSTANDING. Staff was very nice (especially check in which was my primary exposure) friendly, efficient, and professional. The only negative - and the only reason this isn't "5 Star" (I would have given 4 and a half stars if I could) - was the rather "mature" state of the bathrooms: Outdated, not great lighting, and the counters were so low! However - the bath was VERY clean and everything worked efficiently. Even though one had to pay extra for self parking, it was conveniently located, for the most part sheltered the entire walk, and there were ample spaces.
Patsy Garretty

Room Tip: A room with a view of the river also enjoys beautiful sunsets!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've stayed at the Doubletree several times now and it's always a great place to stay. Everything is ready for my arrival and check-out is simple and fast. Also, the location serves me well since I like to shop and dine downtown.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I love the location of this hotel in the heart of Spokane. The hotel had some really good amenities, such as a Starbucks, etc. However, some really poor things like old style loud HVAC, dirty rooms, shower drains the don't drain, etc. They need to reinvest in this hotel and make it a destination. I stayed here because I'm loyal Hilton. Hilton, needs to communicate to theses franchisees they need to implement that the same quality that the Hilton brand stands for. Also, Hilton, please change the clocks that I cannot read without putting on my glasses. One more thing. Yea to Kerig, get rid of old coffee makers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. First, let me apologize for not meeting your expectations, both for the hotels condition and for our service levels. As I mentioned in my response to you directly, I have passed on your comments to my team so they could address the cleanliness and drain issues as well as making sure the HVAC unit is working properly for that room. As I also mentioned, we are working on plans to complete guest bathrooms, this project was not fully completed in the rooms and corridor renovation in 2011.
Thanks again and I do hope we have the opportunity to be your host again in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

In town for conference. Check in very fast ,staff very friendly at all hours, so nice after flying! Staff informed guests of a "run" 1 morning and provided alternate routes for drivers Shuttle driver friendly and informative. Convenient to walk to restaurants in area if not dining in. Will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business