“Great sales department, great location...”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Billings, Montana
“Great sales department, great location...”
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Stayed here 2 nights for a basketball tournament. Called for reservations 2 months in advance only to find out huge convention was in town and all hotels were already booked. Called and spoke to Ms Guinn in sales department and even though they were at group capacity she was able to squeeze in rooms for our team.
The hotel location can not be beat, downtown, on the river. Lots of shopping and dining. Every view, no matter room location was great, wether it be downtown, river, or foothill view.
Front desk was very accomodating, had a late game one night and ordered pizza at 11pm, wanted someplace that we could gather up team and parents, they offered us use of their coffee shop which had already been staged for morning service..and even though we picked up after ourselves I know the morning staff would have had some clean up left, so thank you again Doubletree.
We did not have any problems with parking in the parking garage, even though there was a large convention they made sure guests had ample parking available.
Definately our choice for stay in Spokane for the future.

• Stayed April 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
missoula,mt
Reviewed 5 March 2009

I arrived with my wife and child and found no parking by guest registration. I went in to register and carried in luggage, my wife was carrying our 16 month old and a bag. We were totally ignored by the concierege, he was running to help a newer SUV that pulled in behind us while my wife struggled with child.

In the hotel we are greet coldly by front desk staff after waiting on line for 10 minutes.
We find that there is a $16 a night charge for parking, we asked for a room with a king size bed and a crib. we got a room with 2 queens and no crib.

When i called down to front desk, we were given a playpen and not a crib. The pop machines were out of soda, water and juice, oh and there was no one to help uis get our bages to the room and no carts.

the room had a coffee pot but no coffee or cream . We could not just go to the frtont desk to get coffee or cream, we had to go through housekeeping and viola 30 minutes later we got two sugars and two small coffee filters.

our car was bumped in the overcrowded parking garage and oh yes, a small thing, they ran out of newspapers. I could go on but why bother

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank metsmania
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 24 January 2009

This is a business hotel. It's located directly attached to the Convention Center and located in Downtown. For that, it was nice as there are many restaurants and activities within a short walk. Azteca (good mexican) and a Chili's are directly across the sstreet.

However, this place has issues with the basics of service. Parking is a problem. It's $18/day to self and about $25 to valet. The valet is a joke. You have to essentially get out of your car, walk around find someone who will then call to have the valet come to park your car (up to 20 minutes) I later learned that bell services and valet are the same person. I felt bad until I was in the business center working and the valet/bellman was loudly (and profanely) carrying on about the game and their personal intimate relationships and ignoring another hapless couple trying to get their own cars valeted. When I called to have my car pulled up, either no one answered or I was continuously transferred.

On check-up, I guess it's the rule they give you a cookie. Seemed kinda stupid when you are carrying 4 bags (remember, the bellmen are non-existent or take forever)

The room was clean, comfortable and nice but there is no central air. The cooling/heating unit is like one you'd see in a cheaper motel and it's a bit loud and at two in the morning, it's a bummer to hear it kick in and blow cool air at you.

The hotel (as most are doing nowadays) is "green." Your bathroom is stocked with 2 large towels and a couple hand towels. When I required a few more for an unexpected situation, I called their "CARE" line to request some more. The "CARE" line told me I'd have to call housekeeping and actually hung on me. When I did reach housekeeping, the lady on the phone curtly inquired why I didn't have enough and was a bit resistant to fulfilling the request. When we came back later that evening, about thirty towels had been placed on my bed. Seemed kinda obnoxious.

Spencers is nice and had good food and room service was tasty although when I called the night before to place my breakfast order, the young man refused to take my order and told me the only way to order breakfast was to order via the door hangar card.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Kingbear23
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 December 2008

The Doubletree always starts off great with the cookies! Our room was on the 14th floor overlooking the Spokane Riverfront Park which looks fantastic at night. The room was large and VERY comfortable- the bed was one of legend! The restaurants in or near the hotel will provide something for every taste. We will stay there every time we are in Spokane!

• Liked — Bed.
  • Disliked — Had to come home.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank RobertL
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 24 September 2008

Although this place wasn't horrible, the facilities certainly didn't merit the price. The quality of the hotel is two-star, while the price was more appropriate for a four-star.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank WilMiRe
Bristol
Reviewed 21 September 2008

We stayed twice at this hotel during our trip and on both occasions the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We had booked an executive room for both stays and we were extremely pleased with the rooms allocated which were corner rooms and very spacious.
The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean on both stays.

The location of the hotel ensures easy walking to the local restaurants as well as the river front.

I would definitely stay here again

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WizardBristol
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 2 September 2008

The last time I had stayed at this property, it was under the Sheraton banner during a conference. So it was interesting to return for a weekend on a (mostly) leisure trip under the Doubletree brand.

I arrived very late, but check-in was very easy with an exceedingly polite staff. The room was very spacious and comfortable, albeit a bit bland in spots. The bed was more than comfortable and provided a sound sleep. Although I did not have a view of the scenic Riverfront Park, the views of downtown Spokane were nice. A drawback was that the room was adjacent to the elevator, so with the expected hallway noise, the noise of the elevator mechanisms in motion was a bit distracting at times. But other than that, the room was largely quiet.

Breakfast service in the cafe was very good, and price-wise, was reasonable. The service was also good, even in a busy stretch where many other patrons dining around me had small, boisterous children. I did not partake any of the other meals, though heard from others that the lunch and dinner selections were equally good.

The layout of the hotel is very good; there are no real "choke-points" if it is busier. As a whole, the property is in a phenomenal location. You can walk out the door right into Riverfront Park, and it is only a short-walk (less than 10 minutes) to the shopping and dining core downtown. For those inclined to drive, there is ample parking on-site, thanks to the new garage for the Convention Center, and the hotel is within short drives to other area attractions.

Getting to the hotel by vehicle is a bit tricky, thanks to the existing street layout. There are some small areas of the property here and there that were perhaps in need of touch-up or a renovation. But overall, this was a very pleasant and convenient place to stay. It is also worth considering for a stay thanks to a wide variety of special prices and packages that are both affordable and very attractive in comparison with other area hotels.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled solo