“Outstanding?”

Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Davenport, Iowa
“Outstanding?”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

This HIE is the cream of the crop! Tanya is wonderful. Even though I previously booked a room she honored my hotel discount coupon. We had a lovely conversation. She gave me a quaint IGH reward gift bag. The lobby is enormous and very clean. The room was immaculate and Janice left a thank you card with candy. Breakfast area very clean well stocked by Dzenana she greeted everyone with a warm good morning and thank us with a card and Andes candies. She wished us a safe trip. I observed Jessie cheerfully greeting and petting a customers dog as they were leaving. We will definitely return to this HIE and tell all our friends about the excellent service we received.

• Stayed September 2013
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear 155shortround,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your great comments. I will share your review with my staff at our upcoming employee meeting. We do focus on giving better than great customer service. Our hope is that our guests will feel welcomed and comfortable while staying with us. Please come stay with us again on your next trip to or through Spokane.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Our first impression on driving up their driveway was their shuttle van was constricting traffic in and out of the parking lot. Second impression was opening the door to the temporary lobby, horrendous smell of room deodorizer. Third impression was the attitude of the check in clerk, "That smell is required by all Holiday Inn Expresses" with an attitude. I've never smelled it in any other H I E before. Fourth impression was when said clerk handed us our keys and told us our room number without the customary directions to elevator, room etc. Fifth impression was getting into the elevator that felt like a sauna, glad it was only one floor up. Sixth impression was looking at the floor when we entered our room, the carpet was filthy. Seventh impression was having to scout out where breakfast was then looking at it and thinking that if Seven Eleven served breakfast that is what it would look like. Final impression was thank goodness we're out of there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Fritique,
Thank you for staying with us. I am so sorry that your impression of our hotel was less than satisfactory. Please accept my apology for any indiscretion you experienced while you were here. I will use your comments in further training my staff on proper attitude and hotel etiquette. The good news is that we have moved our front desk back out to the newly renovated lobby, and breakfast is also more presentable in our newly renovated breakfast bar and dining area. I would like to invite you to come stay with us again, so that maybe we can change your impression of our hotel and our staff service. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 September 2013

They have recently completed a full renovation of this hotel and did an exceptional job. The outside of lobby entry is still under construction but looks like it will be equally impressive. A side door to the lobby is adequate in the mean time.
The rooms are fully renovated and nicely furnished with very comfortable beds. The bathroom is a bit tight but not too bad.
The staff was exceptional!! There is a manager's reception Mon, Tue and Wed. They also have light dinners which I was unable to experience due to work commitments.
I travel extensively for business and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jim C,
Thank you so much for staying with us! Our new lobby/dining area is amazing! Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed our new space and also for letting me know how great my staff has been. I do have a great team! I will share your comments with them at our next employee meeting. Please come back and stay with us again on your next trip to Spokane!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Nice hotel however they did have some renovations going on. The rooms were already done.
The location was great. My husband and I are impressed with Holiday Inn Expresses they have all been nice and they have a good price point. I worked for Hilton Hotels for 26 years and these hotels are nicer than a lot of Hilton's that I have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Valerie B,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind words. We do have a very nice location near most everything that downtown Spokane has to offer. Because of our location on top of this basalt rock, the view is incredible all the way around. I hope that you will come stay with us again on your next trip to Spokane!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We arrived in the late afternoon . The staff went out of their way to be helpful. The Main lobby was under renovations so the setup was not optimal but the staff more than made up for it. They suggested several places for us to go. It is a short walk to the river park which is very beautiful.
My first visit to Spokane but it won't be my last. The breakfast was great and again the ladies there were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear CharissaDawn,
Thank you so much for staying with us. And thank you for sharing the compliments about my staff. I do have a great staff! Everyone is willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay great! We also have a great location, near the Spokane River, Riverfront Park, and everything downtown Spokane has to offer. We have moved our front desk and breakfast bar/dining out into our new lobby. It creates a much more relaxing check in and dining process. I hope that you will come stay with us again!
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We come to Spokame frequently and were really looking forward to staying at this hotel. Driving up to the lobby we realized there isn't a front lobby, or parking. The breakfast area is a hotel room with tables in it. There isn't even carpet in front of our room in the hall. My family does construction so what a total disappointment this place is! Cancel your reservations and keep driving!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Donna541145
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Dear Donna541145,
Thank you for staying with us. I am so sorry about the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us. Good news! The hallway carpet is finished and looks great. We have new hallway carpet throughout our hotel! And our new lobby and breakfast area is complete! I know that you have encouraged others to keep going, but you must stop and see the improvement. It was worth waiting for!!! So, this is your special invitation to come back and stay with us again and experience our new areas! Lori, GM
Lewiston
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The hotel was undergoing renovation of the lobby area so finding the entrance was a little confusing. The staff was great and provided transportation to and from our event. The room was comfortable. The breakfast was great.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I just received great news! We get to move out to our new lobby next week. There will still be finishing touches to do, but we can begin utilizing the space next week! I am soooooo happy, and I believe you will be too! Thank you for sharing your experience and please come back and stay with us again!