All reviewshi expressmilk and cookiesthe riversmall balconythe breakfast areabreakfast ladyyogurtriverfront parkhighly recommend this hotelparking lotcomfortable bedsfirst floorhotel is beautifulfree breakfasthousekeeping staffstaff was very friendly and helpfulshuttle service
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We are big fans of Holiday Inn Express and have stayed in many however we found this property below what we have come to expect. Yes, the brand new lobby is beautiful but perhaps they should spent a bit on the rooms too. Our mattress was too soft and definitely needs to be replaced. We found the room very stuffy. Opening the sliding door was not an option because of the traffic noises so we tried to use the A/C which did not work well. All we could get is a loud fan noise with some cold air that would come on every 10 minutes or so which we found disruptive and not effective at all. My last complaint is the free breakfast and the rotten bananas offered for the 2 mornings we were there. Really - they should have been thrown away days ago! I do like this hotel chain and will continue to use it but not sure I would choose this location again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear ghisl,
Thank you for staying with us! I appreciate your comments, thereby making me aware of your experience first with the AC and second with the breakfast. I will certainly visit both issues. We love our guests and want your time with us to be great! I would like you to come stay with us and give us another chance to win your loyalty!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We spent the night in Spokane so that we could do some shopping the next day. We got a suite with 2 queen size beds and nice living room and bathroom. The bathroom had a nice Jacuzzi tub in it. We got into our room around 11 pm and my daughter decided to start up the jacuzzi, well it was hilarious as it sounded like a Mac truck had started in the next room. It was very loud, but funny at the same time. So if you don't want to wake the neighbors use this earlier in the evening.

When we arrived there we got a bag filled with candy, Doritos, and water. It was very nice to receive this. The morning breakfast was also very good and filling. I would suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Cutiethebear,
Thank you so much for staying with us and enjoying our 2 room suite with the separate living area. I am glad to hear that you daughter enjoyed the jetted tub! We do our best to make your stay great and a little welcome gift snack is part of our efforts. Thank you for sharing your comments, and please come stay with us again!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed here when they were close to finishing an extensive remodel project. The rooms were pretty much the same and as comfortable as in prior stays. The most significant change seemed to be the addition of small balconies big enough for a single chair. The staff is well-trained and attentive to the needs of the guests. The evening manager's reception was a nice amenity. The remodel results in an expanded seating area for breakfast. There are at least two new flat screen TVs hanging in the lobby/dining area. The only negative I noticed was that they turn them on during breakfast. Not only that, they had it on Court TV (something like Judge Judy) with the sound on! It was just noise with nobody watching. What's with these hotels that think, if they have a screen hanging on a wall, it needs to be on?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear KennMan,
Thank you for staying with us. Our front entrance and patio will be finished soon, so we will have more space to share with you. I will take your comments about the TV's in consideration. I hope that you will come stay with again, next time you are in Spokane. Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The front lobby was pretty much non-existent. The business computer had over an hour of updates to do so that was of no help to have either. There was no restaurant which made 2 weary travellers challenged to find food. The air was not working in the elevator and it was hot like an oven. Having said that, the staff were exceptionally helpful. There was a shuttle van with complimentary service to a local restaurant, which was also quite nice despite slow service.

The rooms were what you expect from a Holiday Inn. If we go to Spokane again, we would probably stay there but only once the renovations are complete.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear WayneNHez,
Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate you sharing your experience. We do have good news. Our new lobby and breakfast area are complete and we are now enjoying the benefits of the additional space. Three evenings each week, we do offer a complimentary light meal and beverages. The other evenings of the week, we do have a complimentary shuttle to take guests to nearby restaurants to enjoy our local cuisine. Thank you again, and please, come stay with us again and let me know what you think of our new spaces.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I recently stayed here and wanted to let people know that even though they are remodeling, everything is fine. I was there on business and clients were downtown so it was nice to have a place close to downtown that was quiet--the hotel is tucked on a side street off Division up on a hill so there was not much urban noise.

Good breakfast, very friendly staff. Good sized room and comfortable beds. For business, it was great. I asked for a room on the first floor and they were very accomodating.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Chriskum,
Thank you for staying with us "on the rock". It is so great to be using our new space in the lobby and breakfast area. Our front entrance and patio will be completed soon, so we will have some great outdoor space for you to enjoy as well. Thank you also for sharing your experience and we look forward to you returning to stay with us again.