“Awesome Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 7 May 2014

When I last reviewed this hotel they were in the process of finishing renovations. They are complete and I was not disappointed!! As before the rooms are fresh, clean and updated. The entry and lobby look great with nice finishes and the staff were superb. I thought that the gas fire pit and seating area out front was a great touch and a very enjoyable space to socialize. Well done!
I stay at many Holiday Inn Express locations and I rate this one at the top of my list!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us again! And thank you for your patience through our renovation process. The weather is getting better every day and our outside patio area with the fire pit tables are becoming very popular. It is so nice to sit outside during this time of year! And thanks for noticing our expansive lobby and breakfast dining area. They have been a big hit as well. We look forward to your return trip!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was our first stay at a Holiday Inn Express hotel. We stayed for 3 nights. The room was nicely decorated, with a comfortable bed and we had a small balcony with a view of the river. We found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and so were the freshly baked cookies every evening. My only complaint was that when we checked in we were asked if we would like to sign up for a membership with Holiday Inns - if we did, we would have a newspaper delivered to our room each morning. Unfortunately the newspapers never arrived, despite two requests. I have since misplaced our temporary membership card but have not yet received the permanent plastic card. If we are to stay in Spokane again, we wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel. But are disappointed with unfulfilled promises as a member.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank for staying with us. Please accept my apology for the misunderstanding surrounding the newspaper. We do have complimentary newspapers available in the lobby near the front desk on weekdays. We also carry our local newspaper at the front desk for a small fee each day of the week. Next time you stay with us, let me know and I will see that a newspaper is delivered to your door. I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Excellent accommodation , highly recommended , staff very courteous , rooms excellent ,clean, walking distance to downtown restaurants, modern , good parking , complimentary breakfast great and appreciated ,although we missed the evening manager reception . Only complaint we had was we wanted a king bed but was given 2 queens, we were told there was no king available? Still worked out fine just more cosy. Check them out !

Room Tip: We noticed rooms facing downtown had nice balconys ,nicer view, we didn't get one of those but n...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I must agree that my staff is very friendly and helpful. I hope that you will come stay with us again!

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here on several occasions. The recent renovations are very nice making this hotel one of the best looking in Spokane. Breakfast area is beautiful. But, the front desk people seem to have an attitude that seemed condescending. After the second person treated me that way decided to leave early and switch to a different hotel. They give the impression that since they are relatively busy that customer service doesn't matter. Wrong!! Especially when paying close to $200 a night! Not sure if I will come back.

Stayed: April 2014
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

To Whom It May Concern,
I am so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our customer service. We strive to "impress" each and every guest. I would like to invite you to stay with us again; identify yourself to me, so that we can talk about how we can improve your stay and be more attentive to your needs. Thank you for noticing our amazing renovation. We want our service to match that standard!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I only stayed one night, but this castle in the middle of Spokane was terrific. Lobby was comfortable, parking lot was safe and well-lit, everyone I met was friendly. Too bad my 4:30 a.m. wake-up call came to early to really enjoy the town, but I'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Chris M,
Thank you for staying with us! We do look like a castle on top of a rock and therefore, have great views all the way around. We are very near everything downtown and have a shuttle available to get you there. Please come stay with us again; maybe plan an extra day so that you can experience our hotel and Spokane. Thanks again.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Staff was incredibly friendly and caring from check in to breakfast, snacks, even an evening call to make sure I was doing fine. Housekeeping and cleanliness was excellent. The bed was extra comfortable, the pillows, both soft and firm were so great. It was easy to walk my dog and the location was so convenient to the Veterinary Hospital, which is why I was there. I received a discount because I was recommended to the hotel by the Washington State University Veterinary School. Thank You very much Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: If you've got a pet, stay on the ground floor in one of the rooms with a patio to the lawn.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KUALOA1980
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Kualoa1980,
Thank you so much for staying with us. We, as a staff, do strive to make your stay comfortable, happy, and stress-free. It is so great of you to share your positive experience with other Trip Advisor users. We appreciate you and hope that you will come stay with us again!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We recently stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and enjoyed it very much. We travel with our doxie and she was welcomed as family too. The pet rooms are on the main floor and have a sliding door to a grass area (of course you still need to keep fido on a leash)
The Inn was quiet. Breakfast good but get there early as they tend to run out.
The room was clean, bathroom clean. The rooms are small but have a micro, tv and fridg.

Room Tip: Some rooms on main floor have designated parking and door open to your room. Dog stays free unless...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank retiredinidaho
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us! I'm glad that you had a safe trip and were able to travel with your doxie. We do enjoy four legged guests as well and have even been known to pet-sit when owners are out for the day. I am sorry that your experience at our breakfast bar was not well stocked when you arrived. I will address that issue right away. I hope you will come stay with us again.