“Pleasant Surprise”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Spokane Downtown
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I booked a room in this hotel just to be close to the Spokane Airport for an early morning flight. Imagine my surprise. A spotlessly clean, just renovated hotel. The staff was helpful and outgoing and even let me grab breakfast before the official opening time. Nice. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Perkins restaurant handy right next door.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

Newly renovated. Had a king room which was a little smallnbut very clean. Definitely stay here again. Close to the water and in walking distance of several restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Stayed over Labor-Day Weekend (college move-in season - a combo of business and family) -- though the room was clean and reasonably outfitted, the overall experience fell short of what we'd expect from a Marriott. Indifferent/lackluster front-of-house; no newspaper; under-staffed, under-supplied breakfast room/shift both mornings (a single helper, different each day, and many empty chafing dishes) despite a high capacity (surely they could have anticipated the large number of guests that weekend?).
At one point a large puddle of water on the lobby floor was there so long that I finally put a "construction" cone there myself (it had been sitting unused in a corner) to warn people so they wouldn't slip, because the front desk never responded.
Next time we'll go back to a Courtyard or the Davenport.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This was my first time In Spokane, I stayed one week at another Hotel and one week at the Fairfield inn. My first Impression was that this was a Brand New Hotel, I found it very clean, with nice comfortable rooms, The staff also was very nice and helpful. Breakfasts was just ok it could be more flavorful. Would Stay here Again.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms are very quiet.
1  Thank JRPOLO
Reviewed 23 September 2011

What we mostly care about in a motel is: cleanliness, maintenance, and quietness.
We stayed 1 night mid Sep-2011. Excellent!! Extremely well maintained, spotless, everything is as new, spacious. Good location, 2 minute walk to the beautiful riverfront park. Friendly and helpful staff. I would give them 6 stars if I only could!

Bottom line: Very good choice. Highly recommended, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This place is a bit overpriced for Spokane: ($150 incl tax) I stayed there because of the legendary Marriott service quality (Fairfield is a Marriott Brand), but I was quite disappointed this time.

I had planned to get several hours of work done, but ended up on the phone with tech support until 11pm, trying to get the wireless to work. I mentioned this at check-out but received no apology. "I didn't get any other complaints" was the reply. These kinds of things happen and the desk staff are not to blame, but they might have pretended to care.

The breakfast area was nice and clean but very noisy. Staff kept walking through and slamming doors. Many guests were using it as a "staging area," with their luggage cluttering up the aisles.

I will try someplace else next time.

Room Tip: Higher Floor is quieter. North facing is quieter and cooler and have nicer views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My job sent me to Spokane for a few days, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. Very clean, modern, and with all the amenities one expects in a place catering to business travelers. Widescreen TV, FREE Internet (why do the more expensive hotels always charge for Internet access?), comfortable beds with LOTS of pillows, decent continental breakfast, fridge, microwave.

My only qualms were with the pool and spa - the room was redolent with the smell of the chlorine, and the humidity was too high to enjoy being in there for more than a few minutes. I was really looking forward to a good soak after a couple of hard days, but couldn't stomach being in there. I didn't see anyone else partaking of the facility, either.

Oh, and although the towels were plentiful and large, they weren't very absorbent and were on the thin side. But, the lighting in the bathroom was pretty good for putting on makeup. I've been in hotels where the lighting in the bathrooms or dressing areas was SO bad, you look like death warmed over while applying makeup.

I would definitely stay here again, maybe even on a pleasure trip.