“Great Stay!”

Ranked #41 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Lolo, Montana
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Looking to escape the smoke from a big forest fire near our hometown, we booked 2 rooms in Spokane for us and our son and daughter-in-law. The motel was away from noise and in a pleasant neighborhood, easy to find, yet only a quick trip to downtown Spokane.

It was very quiet and clean and our visit was quite enjoyable. Staff was helpful and super nice.

2 Thank Doris Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kansas city
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I showed up approximatly around 3:30pm to check in. Long check in line and only one person working the desk and the phones. Finally got checked in for 2 nights in a queen room. get in my car and drive around the building, I park and grab all of my bags and head to my room. when I opened the door I was appalled, the room was not clean. Bedding was stacked up on the table with the pillows stacked on the bed with a pillow on top that was so yellow it looked like someone urinated on it, uggh. So i venture in further just to see if maybe they just needed to make the bed and get new linen. Crumbs all over the floor, trash in the cans and the bathroom was filthy (toilet NOT flushed with well you know what was in it). So i gather my bags head back to my car and drive back aroud the front of the building and I go back in and advise the room was not clean and this was not going to work. She quickly apologized and got a new room and said it was an 'upgrade'. Curious to what an 'upgrade' is for an econo lodge I head to my new room. Ok, the upgrade was a king size bed with a regrigerator and microwave, at least the room this time was clean. So the night before my two day stay is over I end up having to stay one more night so I went to extend my stay. I was told I could not keep my current room since this is not what I reserved and no rooms were available 'yet' so I would have to check out in the morning and return the next day after 3 to get a new room. I was not happy about this since I was already inconvenienced in order to get the room. But I did as I was told and checked out at 9 am and returned around 4 pm. At this time the clerk was very accomodating and was aware of both of my inconviences and went ahead and gave me a new King room and it was clean. Would I stay here again? probbaly not unless I was in a pinch I might go across the street to the motel 6 which looks to have a better pool anyway.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank ConnieSlack
Calgary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Aug 03/13: We arrived approx 1 1/2 hours to the check in time. Our room was not ready. Not a problem,as we had a lovely afternoon at Riverfront Park. Came back at around 5 pm, room still not ready, so we left for an hour. 6 o'clock came back and room still not ready. Not very happy by this time as we have been up since 5 am travelling to Spokane. Finally got keys to our room by 6:45pm. Next morning went for the continental breakfast (if you want to call it that) What a joke! Very poor tasting coffee, no fruit, muffins etc. only dry looking white bread and fruit loops...Really? when back to our room to get our luggage and our key would not work. What really is sad is that No One every apologized for such a late check in or even gave us a reason as to why. Expect to go out for breakfast and this one is really poor! Very poor customer service and I have no desire to ever go to and Econo Lodge anywhere do to this experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Katz119
Edmonton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful but the hotel is tired and needs a some renovation work. It is well out of the way from anything including restaurants. It does have airport shuttle and a great pool for kids. Our room did the trick and had a good sleep. Great stay for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank princesscruisers
Cody, WY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We endured an abysmal night at this hotel only because we were too tired to look for something else.

Check-in took over a half-hour even though we had a reservation. The hotel was woefully understaffed and while the staff was friendly, they were inefficient and ineffective. At 7 p.m., half of the rooms had not yet been cleaned from the night before - including our requested ground-level room.

At first blush, the room seemed clean - until we looked in the bathroom and there was black mold on the ceiling. The lamps did not have the full complement of bulbs, so "mood lighting" was the rule of the day, apparently. For 3 guests, we were given one washcloth.

The beds and pillows? Honestly, you're better off sleeping on the ground. The pillow and bed was like lying on a rock on a boulder. Actually, the rock and boulder would haven been preferable and far more comfortable. I didn't know it was possible to sleep on something so hard outside of a tent on a gravel pad.

"Breakfast" this morning was equally disappointing. No juice. No milk. Stale donut Holes. Boiled eggs sitting in water ( no ice). That was it. At check-out, the front desk clerk mentioned he was about to go home and drink a beer before going to bed. Classy.

To give the devil his due, the air conditioner did, indeed, work well. It did have a pretty courtyard; perhaps we'd have been better sleeping out there.

I have always trusted the Choice Hotels mark for quality. That has come to an abrupt halt.

4 Thank tigergal8993
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

its neat and cheap but i am not satisfied with friend desk man. i booked through Expedia may be that why he didn't given room with fridge and microwave it was good for me because i have kids with me.
other wise its great,good breakfast
neat and clean

Room Tip: ask for fridge and microwave otherwise they will not give
1 Thank monu1
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

You could see everywhere that that cut corners to provide the mere minimum for guests. The room had just the basics. The breakfast consisted of a three cereal dispenser, boiled eggs (no scrambled eggs, bacon, or sausage), orange juice inside a small refrig, small donut holes, coffee/tea. There were only 4 tables and a small computer table there for guests use. There was a group of 5 older men talking and laughing very loud and acting out a fight or something swinging their arms around... They can not be held responsible for that, however, perhaps that motel may appeal to those kind.

I had a reservation for a room with a queen size bed, however they only had a room available with 2 double beds on the upper floor.

Their "Free High Speed Wireless did not work! Their "tech guy" at the desk claimed they have tried but can not get it to work for people with "notebooks".! For the record, I have never had a motel/ hotel tell me that before. I have always been able to connect to the web via their password or service.

I would not recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple