“Economy Lodging”

Ranked #40 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Hemet, California
“Economy Lodging”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Econo Lodge & Suites in Spokane is a basic economy lodging solution. Our room was clean, though there was evidence of mold in the bathroom. Some of the outlets were old, two prong, and would not retain the plug when inserted. The location of this property is a good one. It is near the airport and the downtown area. The people in the room next door were smoking and the smell came through to our room and that is not acceptable to us. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Randy G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Trail, British Columbia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed one night at the econo lodge on our way to boston. The staff at the front desk were friendly and polite and our room was clean/comfortable. Their shuttle service to and from the airport was outstanding with prompt, efficient staff and vehicles. The shuttle cost was complimentary. Our car was parked safely in the hotel lot for the week we were back east and this cost was also included in our reasonable hotel cost. On our return, they sent a taxi to the airport to pick us up as their shuttle vehicle was busy. Would definitely stay here again when flying out of spokane

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Cheryl G
Scranton, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed there last week and used their airport shuttle. It was quiet, clean and totally sufficient for making an airport connection. The staff was courteous and had good people skills. We were the only ones checking in so there were no delays etc. Breakfast was fine and available at 4:00 am for those of us who were catching the early flight. I have a very finicky back and the bed was okay for me. It was not worn out, just not a luxury pillow top. I probably changed position more often than I would have at home, but didn't wake up with sciatica as I sometimes do when traveling. Pillows were small, but again, not worn out.

This is not the Ritz. If you want luxury, go somewhere else. If you want a clean, guiet place to sleep and a decent shower, this is great.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lawana M
Creston, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We booked a night at the econolodge near spokane airport, paid an extra $40 and parked our car for the two weeks we were away. Car park is fenced locked compound near the hotel, great. The night clerk Jessica was wonderful, the cold continental breakfast OK. Limousine service to the airport was good if prebooked, due to flight delays they weren't prepared for our arrival but used a taxi instead, thank you. Economical basic accomodation convienent to the airport.

Room Tip: Outside entrance but quiet area so ground floor facing street was fine.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank riverboat_11
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge near Spokane Airport the night before flight. Room very clean, new furtniture, nice bed, staff very friendly, grounds clean, even their recommendation for dinner (rib dinner) was excellent. Only negative is that you do need a car to eat as there is no place to walk to.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pat c
Lolo, Montana
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Looking to escape the smoke from a big forest fire near our hometown, we booked 2 rooms in Spokane for us and our son and daughter-in-law. The motel was away from noise and in a pleasant neighborhood, easy to find, yet only a quick trip to downtown Spokane.

It was very quiet and clean and our visit was quite enjoyable. Staff was helpful and super nice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Doris Y
Kansas city
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I showed up approximatly around 3:30pm to check in. Long check in line and only one person working the desk and the phones. Finally got checked in for 2 nights in a queen room. get in my car and drive around the building, I park and grab all of my bags and head to my room. when I opened the door I was appalled, the room was not clean. Bedding was stacked up on the table with the pillows stacked on the bed with a pillow on top that was so yellow it looked like someone urinated on it, uggh. So i venture in further just to see if maybe they just needed to make the bed and get new linen. Crumbs all over the floor, trash in the cans and the bathroom was filthy (toilet NOT flushed with well you know what was in it). So i gather my bags head back to my car and drive back aroud the front of the building and I go back in and advise the room was not clean and this was not going to work. She quickly apologized and got a new room and said it was an 'upgrade'. Curious to what an 'upgrade' is for an econo lodge I head to my new room. Ok, the upgrade was a king size bed with a regrigerator and microwave, at least the room this time was clean. So the night before my two day stay is over I end up having to stay one more night so I went to extend my stay. I was told I could not keep my current room since this is not what I reserved and no rooms were available 'yet' so I would have to check out in the morning and return the next day after 3 to get a new room. I was not happy about this since I was already inconvenienced in order to get the room. But I did as I was told and checked out at 9 am and returned around 4 pm. At this time the clerk was very accomodating and was aware of both of my inconviences and went ahead and gave me a new King room and it was clean. Would I stay here again? probbaly not unless I was in a pinch I might go across the street to the motel 6 which looks to have a better pool anyway.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo