“The comfort food of B&B's”

Roberts Mansion Inn & Events
Ranked #1 of 13 Spokane B&B and Inns
Everett, Washington
“The comfort food of B&B's”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Fortunately, my business travels are now taking me back to Spokane and I am able to stay at the EJ Roberts Mansion rather than a regular hotel. This is such a splendid place to call home while I am traveling. Mary, Kristy and the staff take excellent care to ensure the stay is special. I always love spending time in the parlor, playing a game or two of pool and taking in the beauty of the surrounding landscape. This home has been so well maintained over the years and Mary has done such a terrific job of sharing about EJ Roberts and family that you feel like you are completely a part of the rich family history.

The Roberts Mansion sits in the heart of the Browne's Addtion, a beautiful neighborhood that is made for morning walks. Just 1/2 block away is the always fun Elk Pub House, EJ's Garden Bisto, coffee houses and other terrific restaurants so there are lots of options to choose from in this vibrant neighborhood. Always a pleasure to stay here and I always look forward to my return.

Room Tip: I love Marian's Suite....great little porch off the bathroom is an enjoyable place to relax.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank EHO89

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Indonesian first
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My husband and I spent one night at Roberts Mansion in Dec. 2012. The holiday decorations throughout the home made the experience all the more magical. When we arrived, we were given a very informative tour after being shown to our room. The mansion retains many historical details and unique characteristics; the antique decor makes you feel as though you are stepping back in time.

Breakfast was simply wonderful. The food was cooked perfectly.We had interesting conversations with the other couple staying at the mansion as well as the owner. The staff and owner made us feel very welcome. I would definately recommend Roberts Mansion to any couple looking for a romantic weekend.

Fairbanks
Reviewed 12 February 2013

My sister and I stayed for a night. It was easy to find even in the dark. The home is beautiful. We very much enjoyed seeing all of the hidden gems in the home. We were like kids playing dress up with the hats all over the house. It was wonderful to hear from the owner the story of the house. Breakfast was three courses. The food was not bad, but not memorable. The only other negative I have is the staff that handled the bills could have much more friendly. The place was very clean and was conviently located near some good food spots. I would probably stay again if I were ever in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ashley H
Pordenone, Italy
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed at the Roberts Mansion as a family. Checked out all of the rooms, which was a great idea. Felt like our own home! We played piano, pool, board game, and enjoyed the beautiful decor of the mansion. It's kept in superb condition. My husband and I had Marian's Room. It was lovely. A pity that the water pressure in the claw foot tub wasn't working. Since we only stayed one night, and I'm from the area, I just waited for a shower at home.
The breakfast was plentiful and very tasty, and we requested the history of the house at the end. Mary was a gracious hostess, very graceful and classy lady. The staff on hand were welcoming and friendly. Upstairs in the little office there was a coffee machine and computer for public use. I recommend this to locals, because it gave me new appreciation for my home town! People passing through will also enjoy, as it's a beautiful place to lay your head. The Bistro that they just opened next door had wonderful food, but was too cramped for space on our visit.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
PULLMAN
Reviewed 6 January 2013

A wonderful place to step back into the glory days of Spokane. The owner of the mansion (Mary) is continually restoring the home to the glory days. The room was small but very comfortable. The breakfast...well...you wont have to eat again for most of the day. Just a delightful place which is worth the money for a relaxing visit.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The luxury of this mansion, made bed and breakfast, is unparalleled in the Spokane area.

I have worked in the hospitality industry for years, and have traveled many places in the world; I have also been a resident of Spokane for many years. Roberts Mansion is a place where the elegance of history meets all the comforts our modern day has to offer.

Reserving our stay was convenient and online and the email communication of our host was supreme.

At the mansion, every convenience is at your fingertips, and is delicately assimilated within the charming nuances of a grander day past. Keurig coffee and high speed internet are available for use, though I defy you to feel any need for modernization with what historical luxury this fashionable mansion has to offer.

The food and drinks available at EJ's Bistro and the bar upstairs (on the property) are superb. The experience manages to divinely pair the grandiose classical with the premier present so that patrons may enjoy elegance and relaxation any time of day, in any season.

Downstairs, there is an antique billiards table available to patrons. This room provides a lovely place to wind down the night, before retiring to a lavish suite.

This night's sleep was tranquil and soothing. The bed cradled us in the undeniable comfort one would expect of a mansion. The antique shower and claw-foot tub had first rate water pressure and temperature; the towels and amenities provided were of the utmost quality. Breakfasts were served on silver platters and were of a premier quality. The ambiance of our breakfast was relaxing and allowed us to begin our day with a sense of courtliness befitting of such a spectacular mansion.

Mary, Robert's Mansion's owner, was very informative of the rich history behind the mansion and Spokane; she was a charming and pleasant host. The loveliness of the mansion is undoubtedly attributed to and an extension of Mary's glowing personality.

I have never before had an experience so entirely pleasing. Roberts Mansion seduced and charmed us and will see us again!

Room Tip: The Marian Suite is absolutely beautiful and boasts a balcony with a lovely view of Browns Addition.
1 Thank Joshua P
Historic Wallace, Idaho
Reviewed 21 December 2012

From the immediate, warm, loving check in to the sumptuous morning repast at check out, our night at the Mansion was all good. Coming in from a chill December eve, we were fortunate to find a holiday singalong with host Mary on the piano and guests and team members in song. How could it be any better. Not wanting to leave but with empty stomachs on our minds, we enjoyed a fabulous meal at the Mansion's Garden Cafe next door. Seabass done right and duck done oh so nicely kept the evening warm. John provided super service with the ambiance perfect for a nice evening meal. Back at the Mansion, satiated and happy, the dark woods and soft lights welcomed us. Ready for slumber, the feather bed was oh oh so comfy that sleep was not far away. Too soon we awakened for hot coffee and fresh, homemade breakfest treats. Ok, can I stay the week? Unfortunately, reality calls causing us to check out. Whether you live close by or far away, come take a day, weekend off in total comfort and hospitality.

Room Tip: All rooms are super comfy and in total period decor done to the tees. Check out the website to see...