Airway Express Inn
US$133
  • Breakfast included
US$167
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2010

When I pulled up, I saw that this is a rambling motel from the 50s. It was clean, well kept and seemed to be in pretty good shape. I walked into the lobby and the rooms were categorized as Thai this and Thai that at different prices, which was a little weird and then I had to sign a paper approving being charged if I broke or stole pillows, wall hangings, etc. This was a little weird, but I signed it.

I got into my room and it was beautiful. I realized why they had me sign the form. The room was decorated with decor from Thailand. It was tastefully done and had new furniture and an extremely comfortable bed with a new down comforter. I was impressed and will stay here again. I had the $49 room, but paid $10 less because I booked online.

The only thing that I didn't like was that there were many long term residents in lower quality rooms throughout the property so I didn't ever feel completely comfortable. I saw several of them sitting on their stoops, not doing anything wrong, just living, but it made me uncomfortable. I would not be even a little comfortable with this property if I had children with me.

The reason I am not staying there again is that their wifi bounced frmo 1 to 5 MPS. A good signal would run at 54 MPS. I had a strong connection, which meant that other people using the same connection were using it with video and other high demand uses.

If you are an adult looking for a GREAT room that is consistent with a room at twice the price and can deal with sketchy property, this is the perfect place for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business