“Great food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great food. The restaurant was empty when we got there so the staff/ owners had plenty of time to spend with us. They were very friendly and the service was excellent. Large menu with a good selection. Food was excellent.

There are newer reviews for The Great Taaj Indian cuisine

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Me and my husband both became very sick after eating at Taaj . Luckily we hadn't taken our children out to eat with us. The food is not fresh, I suggest you stay away from this place if you don't want to get sick. We later learned a friend had eaten there and became sick also.

1  Thank Kim F
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Excellent Spokane Indian offering food great service.close in town good hours great selection. Easy access. Perfect Naan.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Ate dinner here with my daughter during a trip for her interview at WSU.
It was just OK, but we weren't really impressed.
My daughter's chicken tikka masala seemed more like a basic curry than a tikka masala.
My goat curry was OK but nothing special.
Also they did not provide free poppadums as most good Indian restaurants do, and they were completely out of wine even though it was advertized on the menu.

If we're looking for Indian food in Spokane in the future, we will try one of the other possibilities; it seems there are several.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I hate to write a bad review for anyone, but my boyfriend and I decided to try Taaj when we could not get anyone at Swagat to answer the phone and confirm whether they were open. So, we we ordered the same meals that we had been enjoying at Swagat to do a comparison. The difference was huge! I can tell just by the taste that the food at Taaj was previously frozen and just reheated. It tasted like paper and was so awful that I only took a few bites of my meal and gave up. The naan bread was burnt, flat, and also tasted like paper. It made me super nauseous and ran out to the car forcing my boyfriend to wait (for what seemed like a lifetime) before someone would allow him to pay. We had to cancel the rest of our date night because I spent the rest of the night sipping Pepto and praying to the porcelain god. My boyfriend did not escape my fate either, but was rather stricken with a case of "montezuma's revenge" (trying to keep it clean here, but you get the idea... we were sick).

The good: the kid serving us was nice (not overly friendly and when my boyfriend tried to pay he told him to "hang on a sec, I'll be back in a minute" and disappeared to another room for awhile)

Sorry Taaj, but I will never come back.