“Spacious, lovely room”

Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Pueblo Colorado
“Spacious, lovely room”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a lovely old hotel that has been nicely updated. The location is convenient for walking to shopping, Spokane Falls, and the park. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I like the overall feel of the place. First room that I have had a Keurig coffee maker and I am a big fan. Starbuck;s coffee and yummy coffee cake in the lobby in the morning- real plates and silver- no plastic or styrofoam-YAY!

Room Tip: Standard king was quite large. We were on the main street side, but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
bainbridge
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Very nice European style hotel in the old downtown area. A few blocks from Spokane falls, shopping, and cinemas. Part of the Davenport group. Nicely appointed rooms with coffee making (you don't get that at the Davenport). Many restaurants close by. Ale house adjoins. Hotel caters to couples.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect after reading a few less than stellar reviews, but I was really impressed by the overall experience of my stay. Maybe they made some improvements in response to earlier complaints. The room (a standard with one queen bed) was equipped with a small coffee maker and just down the hall from the ice machine. The hallway woodwork and high ceilings faintly reminded me of the Montreux Palace in Switzerland. The room was nice and very clean with quality linens, though the view wasn't much. The bathroom offered l'occitane toiletries in a dispenser, which is greener and more efficient than the little bottles. I have no doubt the products were the real thing. My only suggestion would be to offer some cream and sugar with the coffee makers. Other than that, no complaints. I would totally stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It just does not have all the bells and whistles for a boutique hotel. The room decor just seemed more like any hilton or westin hotel. It would have been nice to have a Kuerig coffee service in room and mini bar. Their is no room service offered and the coffee cake served in lobby was gone quickly all 3 mornings. The connecting ale house restaurant was not open for breakfast and was more of a family Denny's type of restaurant . Their was no type of security for the rooms and key card in elevator would have been a nice touch. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice. It has the potential to be great but should not be advertised as a boutique hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 28 June 2014

"Lusso" means luxury in Italian - and there are elements of the hotel lobby that tend towards luxury.

But if the hotel's concept of the "warmth and home-style comfort you might expect from a cozy, boutique bed and breakfast" is Room 241 then I'd quickly opt for another hotel.

Room 241 is one of the hotel's Deluxe rooms which are "larger than their standard counterparts" and "feature a king-size bed as well as a European-style soaking tub" with "architectual highlights [that] include tall ceilings and large windows". Note to a Hotel staff - "architectual" is misspelled on your Web page - the correct spelling is "architectural".

Room 241 is indeed large - with at least 25 feet from the sofa where I'm sitting writing this review and the TV. Note to Hotel staff - the TV remote barely works at that distance.

Room 241 has 15 foot ceilings and four (4) 10 foot windows - 2 of which look directly out at a solid concrete wall, while the other 2 windows look directly over a sub-roof and into the offices in the adjacent building.

There is absolutely no useable space between the buildings - with the narrow gap filled with trash and old ladders, as well as other assorted hotel mechanical debris on the ground.

Note quite the "Views of downtown Spokane" promised on the hotel's web page.

BTW: The desk clerk never once mentioned that our room had no view when we checked in. She was probably scared stiff that I'd go non-linear if she told me in advance what I was paying $259 plus tax a night for. And from what I can tell - most of the rooms on the same side as 241 have no views.

The "European-style soaking tub" touted on the hotel web page is basically a regular tub with a tile surround. At 6' 2" I didn't even bother to try "soaking" in it.

Oh and the "Luxurious bath and personal care products from L'Occitane" are shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner dispensed from a generic push-button dispenser mounted on the wall above the "European-style soaking tub" - BTW you'd have to stand up in the soaking tub to use the dispenser - if you were small enough to "soak" in the tub.

And for all I know - those "Luxurious bath and personal care products" could be generic supermarket brands -since the only thing that identifies them as "L'Occitane" is the little card over the bathroom sink that says "We're pleased to provide for your in room comfort - hand soap, shower gel, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner from L'Occitane".

Of course if you really want to guarantee that you're using L'Occitane products in your "Soaking tub and shower" - you can purchase them at the "Davenport Home Store in the Lobby of the Historic Davenport Hotel" across the street from the Hotel Lusso.

I'll go get my robe on and run right over there to have that vaunted Hotel Lusso luxurious bath experience with L'Occitane products as touted on the Deluxe Room details web page.

But the most significant issue is the price gouging the hotel management perpetrated this week-end.

We're staying at the Hotel Lusso during Spokane's Hoopfest - one of the largest street basketball tournaments in the US.

For that privilege - the hotel management DOUBLED the Deluxe Room rate and required a PREPAID, minimum two night stay.

Unconscionable!

If Spokane is your destination - and you really want to stay at the Hotel Lusso - I would highly recommend you verify in advance that your room meets the description provided by the hotel management on the Hotel Lusso web page.

Otherwise save some money and stay elsewhere.

I may have slept well - but my wallet and sense of fair value have taken a severe beating.

BTW: I pulled all of the "" delimited comments directly from the Hotel Lusso web page and in-room placards - including any misspellings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side that faces the Davenport Hotel - which is directly across the street from...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bhpkns
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Hotel Lusso is a small boutique hotel. We stayed in standard king room that was quite large for a city center property. From the parking valet to the front staff, they were courteous and helpful. The bathroom had a soaking tub with shower. The bedding was top quality and the room was extremely clean. The hotel is conveniently located to Riverfront Park and to good restaurants. We stayed here 3 years ago and will continue to come back to this property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
IDAHO
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I got this hotel thru priceline much to my dismay. I would never use Priceline again, It is a bait and switch deal. We are staying there tomorrow night and I am already freaked out about staying. I don't like old and quaint, I like new. NO COFFEE IN THE ROOM ARE YOU KIDDING ME. UGH... is all I have to say. If I could cancel I would but priceline won't let you. I would like to know how place can get the same rating as the marriott... Really bummed wanted a nice place to stay the night before my husband has a serious surgery. Plus you have to pay for parking....

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Idahorealtor
FrontOfficeDirector, Manager at The Davenport Lusso, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
We are sorry that your experience did not live up to expectations you may have had. Next time, we suggest calling directly, as we have two sister properties across the street that may be more to your liking! On most occasions, we do have availability, and are able to assist in placing you in one of those hotels. In the future, please do not hesitate to ask as it would be our pleasure to ensure you find the perfect hotel that fits your needs!

Kind Regards ~